Quick and easy homemade soap recipes – Would you like to discover how you can make your own soap? There are numerous techniques of soap making and there are a lot of different types you could make that in some case you will find it difficult on where to start from.
Homemade soap can be a glamorous treat on your own, or a unique, special present for family and friends. You could make up big batches and have a significant option of homemade presents ready to offer to friends and family for the vacations or during Christmas.
Quick and Easy Homemade Soap Recipes
In this article, I want to discuss quick and easy homemade soap recipes for making your very own soaps at home.
The Best Ways to Make Pure Coconut Oil Soap
This wonderful coconut oil soap needs only 3 main ingredients (coconut oil, castor oil and lye), it has a fantastic lather and it can also be used to make laundry cleaning agent!
Recipes for making Coconut Oil Soap
- 30 ounces coconut oil, 80 F
- 3 ounces castor oil
- 4.7 ounces lye
- 10.9 ounces water
- 2 ounces fragrance oil (or 1 ounce essential oil)
- Set out prepared molds. I recommend using two quart-size milk or cream cartons. The recipe will make enough soap to fill about one and one-half of these.
- Measure out 30 zo of melted coconut oil and pour it in saucepan. Then weigh castor oil, lye, and water separately into different container and make them ready.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and weigh out 30 ounces on your kitchen scale. Weigh castor oil, lye, and water separately on the kitchen scale and have each ready to go in a separate container.
- Now Mix the lye solution, by adding water to dissolve. Let cool down to about 80° F.
- Put the melted coconut oil and castor oil into a large crock pot or stainless steel pot. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature, or about 80° F,
- Slowly pour the lye solution to the oils and stir with a stick blender. Make sure the oils and the lye solution are warm (about 76°-80°) but not that hot.
- Continue mixing until you see a light trace, pudding-like consistency, and when the mixture is dribbled onto the surface it leaves a visible trail. At this point you may add color and fragrance if you have decided to use them. My fav is essential oil
Note : If you are adding essential oils, allow the mixture cools down a little and then add them, if not they will lose their fragrance
- When all these have been added – color and fragrance, it is ready to pour into the molds.
- Allow it to hard overnight. You can unmold after 12-18 hours. If you used milk-carton molds, you can just unwrap the milk carton.
- Open the bar with a sharp stainless-steel knife
How You Can Make Herby Citrus Soap
This is a gorgeous soap loaded and filled with rosemary essential oil and also lemon zest for herby citrusy scent.
Homemade Soap Recipes for Citrus Soap
- Glycerin soap
- Essential oil (rosemary my fav)
- Lemon Zest
- Seed, and
- Pureed herbs
- Cut melt and pour glycerin base into small cubes.
- Then put in a small bowl and place it in microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir it, then heat for another 30 seconds.
Note: This is the step where you would add your diced herbs, zest, seed and other solids I suggest that you don’t add fragrance oil if you are making citrus soap. The fragrance will be overpowering and the scent from the citrus should be enough .You can add your favorite essential oil at this point if you want to use for aromatherapy purposes. Please do not add too much.
- Pour soap into tray or molds.
- Note: Spray the top of the soap with rubbing alcohol to reduce bubbling.
- Allow it to cool down for 3 hours. After 3 hours, take it out of molds.
- This is also the point where you would put the soap into a mitre box and cut with the soap cutter if you want the soap to be smaller.
- Note: After letting soap sit for at least 3 hours, put it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. This will make the cutting easier.
- Then is ready to use!
Ways to Make Shampoo Bar Soap
This soap is slightly different. You utilize it on your hair for healthy growing.
Recipes for making for making Shampoo Bar Soap
- 10 ounces coconut oil
- 10 ounces tallow (or palm oil)
- 10 ounces olive oil
- 6 ounces castor oil
- 5 ounces lye
- 12 ounces distilled water
- 1.5 ounce essential oils added at trace (my fav are rosemary and peppermint)
- Wearing your protective gear, pour water into your glass bowl/jar for mixing. In a well-ventilated area, slowly add lye to the water. (DO NOT add water to the lye.) Because the mixture to become very hot and we don’t want it to wear out your working area. Mix it very well and allow it to cool down
- Weight out all oils (except essential oils) using your kitchen scale (digital scare preferable) and mix them in crockpot and warm the oil slowly at temperature between 100 -120 degree.
- At this temperatures you can slowly add water/lye mixture to your oils. Use a stick blender to begin mixing until trace notice (when your mixture is still fluid, but drizzle of the soap mixture stays on the surface for a few seconds before falling back in). Then Just pull your immersion blender up and let some soap drizzle off
- Add essential oils if you want now
- Pour the solution into your soap mold (My fav is silicone bread mold)
- Cover your soap mold with an upside down cardboard box and cover with a towel to keep it warm while it continues to saponify and leave for 24 hours.
- Use vinegar to wash all utensils in hot soapy water with your gloves on. The vinegar will neutralize the lye.
- After 24 hours, remove your soap from the mold and slice it to the size of your choice or you can slice in 1 inch thick.
How to Make Chai Flat white Soap
This is a warming soap for the winter. It looks exceptionally like a real Chai latte– please, just do not eat it and keep it away from children!
Recipes for making Chai flat white Soap
- Base Oils Ingredients
- 15 oz coconut oil
- 8 oz shea butter
- 4 oz jojoba oil
- 9 oz olive oil
- 8 oz sunflower oil
- Lye Solution -13 oz brewed chai tea, cooled
- 6 oz lye
Add 1.25 oz vanilla fragrance oil and 2 teaspoons ground vanilla beans before the mixture reaches trace.
Note: let the soaps cure for 4-6 weeks before using.
The Best Ways to Make Loofah Soap
This is simple to make soap in just 2 steps and 3 days– although the majority of downtime!
How To Make Homemade Lemon Soap
Everyone enjoys lemon, right? Adding the spice to this soap provides it with a terrific texture while the lemon essential oil makes it citrus kick. Find out how you can make it right here.
Recipes for making for making Lemon Soap
- 35 oz lemon oil
- 6 oz lye
- 10 oz water
- 1 oz additional essential oils (optional and of your choice) * only if you want to mix and add different smells
- Stick blender
- Crock pot
- Plastic spoon
- Glass measuring cups Scale ( is here on Amazon)
- Soap mold Glass bowls
- Set crockpot to low and weigh ingredients.( You can get your crockpot here on Amazon )
- Add water to the glass bowl and slowly add the lye to water while mixing.
Note: Do this while wearing your protective gear and do not breathe the vapors. Order is important so make sure you are pouring the lye into the water. The solution will be very hot so allow it to cool down for about 10 minutes while you work on the next step.
- Pour lemon oil in a saucepan and heat to 130F
- Pour lemon oil into the crockpot.
- Add lye to crockpot and mix very well
- Stir the mixture with stick blender until the mixture has the texture of a light pudding
- Cover mixture and let cook on low.
- Alternatively, if you will like to add essential oil, wait until the mixture cools and now add them.
- Spoon mixture into your mold and allow for it to cool.
- Cut bar when it’s cool and harden.
- Place bars on a rack and allow them to dry out and harden for an additional few days
- Try out your new lemon soap bar!
How to Make Fruit Soap
This is actually very good in fall! And also pumpkin, it also consists of a vanilla flavor swirl for more warmth and fresh-baked fragrance.
Wash and dry all fruits and herbs; use whole berries, herb leaves, or citrus rinds with pith removed. Puree separately in a blender.
How make the herb purees;
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water to your herb
- Place pureed herbs on a coffee filter, and wring out excess liquid before mixing into soap.
How to Make Homemade Oats Soap
This fantastic oat meal soap scrubs, moisturizes and washes. Plus its smells fantastic and it is very easy to make!
Homemade Soap Recipes for making Oat Soap
Makes about 7 bar
- 2 lbs shea butter glycerin soap base
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 2 table spoonful almond oil
- 2 table spoonful raw honey
You will also need a soap mold or pan
I used a soap mold that I got.
For details instruction for homemade soap recipes (oat soap) visit here
How To Make Castile Soap
If you are new to soap making then this is one of the very best way to begin with. It’s simple to make plus and you could cover your finished soaps with dried natural herbs and also flowers to make them look extra fresh!
Homemade Soap Recipes for making Castile Soap
- 680 grams olive oil
- 454 grams coconut oil
- 265 grams Potassium hydroxide lye flakes
- 907 grams or 4 cups distilled water, for lye-solution
- 10 to 12 cups distilled water, to dilute, plus extra as needed
Discover ways to make your own castile soap right here.
How to Make Yard Mint Soap
While the previous soap might be a fall delight, this is for summer! With fresh mint from the yard and pepper mint essential oil; this soap truly rejuvenates and also energizes the senses and this one of my favorite homemade soap recipes! Get Complete instructions here
Homemade Soap Recipes for making Yard Mint Soap
- 4 ounces Avocado Oil
- 24 ounces Coconut Oil
- 28 ounces Olive Oil
- 4 ounces Castor Oil
- 2 ounces Mango Butter
- 9.0 ounces lye (NaOH)
- 19 ounces (cooled mint-infused water (mint tea)
Making your own soap is a very gratifying procedure and teaching your loved ones could be much more rewarding. These quick and easy homemade soap recipes have hopefully offered you some fantastic ideas.