If you are a person that love sports and enjoys working out, you are probably familiar with the term of “electrolytes”.They are responsible not just for maintaining an adequate hydration level in the organism when unrolling physical effort, but they also make sure that everything works just right.
While there are quite a few electrolyte drinks available in the market, it is always best to drink the ones that are prepared at home, by yourself. This way you may sure that the content of your drink is of high quality and reliable, providing precisely what you need for a successful workout.
Best DIY Homemade Electrolyte Drinks for Quick Hydration
Here are the best homemade electrolyte drinks recipes, so you can enjoy a refreshing electrolyte drink during exercising, to maintain proper balance in your body.
1.Electrolyte Drinks without Sugar – Cranberry and Pomegranate Recipe
If you want to enjoy electrolyte drinks without sugar, then the best homemade electrolyte drink for you is this one made with cranberries and pomegranate, which provides a natural sweet-sour flavor.
There is no added sugar or any other type of sweetener;
Cranberry and Pomegranate Recipe -Electrolyte Drink Recipe
- Being made out of 1 /4 of cup of pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup of cranberry juice
- 1/2 cups of unsweetened coconut water
- 1 fourth of tablespoon of salt, and 2 cups of cold water.
- If you want to make sure the fruit juices are fresh and natural, it is best to obtain the juice at home, from fresh fruits.
- To mix all the ingredients with ease, you can use a blender.
- Still, a whisk and a pitcher are also good for mixing. Store the mix in the fridge and serve it cold.
2. Electrolyte Drinks for Runners (Lemon and Lime Recipe)
This is one of best homemade electrolyte drinks with a slightly sour taste and refreshing results, which may be the best electrolyte drink after exercise, may consist in this drink made out of lime and lemon.
Electrolyte Drink Before and After Exercise Recipe
- Using 1/4 of cup of lemon juice and 1/4 of cup of lime juice, both of the freshly squeezed
- Plus 2 tablespoons of honey or natural sugar
- Small pinch of tablespoon of salt, and
- 2 cups of cold water, you can easily have a delicious drink in no time.
- To make sure that the honey or natural sugar is completely melted, you can use a blender to mix the ingredients.
- Chill the drink in the fridge before consuming it, as it will definitely help you cool down after physical effort.
3. Homemade Electrolyte Drink Recipe for Breakfast
The best way to start the day is to make sure that your body is ready to tackle any challenge, by replenishing it with a good dose of electrolytes. This is an electrolyte drink recipe that is perfect in the morning, to boost your energy levels. Here is electrolyte drink mix
Electrolyte Drink Keto Recipes
- Use ¼ of cup of lemon juice and 1/4 of cup of orange juice, both of them being freshly squeezed out of fresh fruits,
- 1/8 of tablespoon of salt,
- 2 tablespoons of honey or natural sugar, and 2 cups of cold water.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until the honey or sugar melt.
- You can mix these ingredients in any other way you want as well, but it may take a bit longer for the sweeteners to completely dissolve.
- It is best served chilled.
4. Strawberry Smoothie Electrolyte Recipe
In case you feel the need to spoil yourself and still enjoy the electrolytes your body needs, take advantage of this best homemade electrolyte drink in case you need something soft and sweet. Prepare this drink while strawberries are still in season, so you can indulge with the sweetness of these delicious fruits.
Electrolyte Drink Coconut Water Recipes
- Take 1 cup of strawberries
- 3 cups of coconut water
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 teaspoons of honey or natural sugar, and
- 1/8 of a tablespoon of salt.
- With the help of a blender, you can mix all these ingredients into a smooth drink. Place it in the fridge and enjoy a cool drink.
- Place it in the fridge and enjoy a cool drink.
It is really not that difficult to prepare homemade electrolyte drinks, these recipes making sure that you enjoy diversity while providing your organism the minerals, vitamins, and hydration it needs for proper functioning, especially during and after workout and summer hiking.
Making electrolyte drinks at home will save you money and will give you the certainty that what you drink it an entirely natural and safe product.
Still, do know that you are not limited to the flavors listed previously. The best homemade electrolyte drinks are those ones that you like drinking the most, so don’t hesitate to try new ingredients and new flavors that will suit your preferences best. Enjoying countless flavor electrolyte drink mix is probably one of the biggest advantages of preparing electrolyte drinks at home.