Bodyweight exercises for weight loss – when you want to lose weight, you know that one of the ways you can do that is by adapting to a new diet. But most of the time, even the best diets can be very restrictive and definitely not worth your time. So, what you can do is to figure out a way to get the best result in your weight loss journey.
You may even ask that what percentage of weight loss is diet and exercise or do you have to exercise to lose weight? I will say both work hand in hand to give you perfect result.
According to a recent research, weight loss is generally 75 percent diet and 25 percent exercise.
So if you integrated these exercises to your weight loss program you will get a better result. Bodyweight exercises for weight loss come not without challenge. And while picking the best ones can be tricky, here you can find some of the best ideas and options that you may want to try out.
7 Best Bodyweight Exercises for Weight Loss at Home
1. Bodyweight Exercise for Abs – Butterfly Sit Ups
A lot of people are talking in the online world about the benefits of butterfly sit ups. The idea is that the addition of the butterfly component is a bit tricky, and that’s what makes the exercise one of the best bodyweight exercises for weight loss. It’s not hard to adapt to your day to day exercise routine too, which is pretty impressive.
- The way you do this exercise is by sitting with the soles of your feet near one another.
- Make the torso as tall as you can.
- At this point, you have to do the sit ups and then you have to touch the ground in front of the feet in order to have a complete rep.
2. Bodyweight Exercise for Legs – Speed Skaters
The speed skaters exercise requires you to start from a ready position.
- Then you have to jump to the left with the right foot.
- At this point, you have to bring the right left behind the left one.
- This will be pretty similar to what speed skaters do.
- Do the same thing with the right foot, this time bring the left foot after the right one.
It’s a nice exercise to adapt to your day to day exercise routine. And of course, it is one of the best bodyweight exercises for weight loss. The fact that you push your body to burn fat and also focus on your abs and legs does come in handy a lot for this particular exercise.
The reason why many people tend to focus on V-Ups is that they can adapt to your core and they will be able to bring you the type of fat loss results you want.
- Stay on the floor and keep the arms over your head, the legs have to be right in front of you.
- Tuck the chin towards the chest, then raise the upper body, do that while also raising your legs.
- If you do this adequately, you will see that everything is in the form of a V.
- Lower the torso and the arms as you begin a new rep.
4. Side Planks (And Regular Planks)
Planking puts a lot of pressure on your core and it’s one of the best bodyweight exercises for weight loss, especially for the belly fat.
- The nice thing about it is that it’s designed to be very simple.
- So, you just have to stay on the side on the ground.
- Stack your legs, then try to lift the hips, the trick is to have a straight line.
- It can be a bit tricky to get that straight line right off the bat.
- But with trial and error, you will get to do this adequately and in no time.
5. Scissor Crunches
Crunches, in particular, are very complex, but scissor crunches are even more powerful.
- The way you do these is by sitting on the back, then you have to fire the abs and raise a leg to 45 degrees.
- You need to do that while also maintaining the neck and keeping the head in a neutral position to your spine.
- And while there, make sure that you lift the torso and touch the leg with your opposite hand. Repeat this a few times.
6. Bicycle Crunches
These crunches also require you to start with the legs raised.
- You will also need to have the knees bent at around 90 degrees.
- Once you get in this particular position, cycle your legs back and forth as much you can.
- Make sure that you avoid twisting the neck, as this can happen.
7. Bodyweight Exercise for Glute – Drop Squats
You will see that these are pretty similar to the regular unweighted squats.
- You will need to start doing the squat, but when you are at the bottom, try to put the arms behind you.
- In order to have an efficient exercise, keep the arms straight.
- And while there, do try and avoid situations when the knees go over your toes too much.
All of these are great workouts that you can try doing right now. The best thing about these is that you can adapt them to your daily workouts. And yes, these best bodyweight exercises for weight loss can work amazingly well, you should just check them out!
If you like it, Share It !!!