You may have heard or even met people who managed to lose considerable weight by using various wonder methods. While there is no doubt that some methods work on many people, this doesn’t mean that one particular weight loss diet plan works for everybody.
Also, the great weight loss secrets that can be found all over the Internet are not that great in the end, because they can be shaped in the form of crash diets, which are dangerous and extremely unhealthy, or diets that assume the use of products and supplements, which is again something you need to be very careful about.
Try Healthy Diet
If you want to lose weight on long-term then you’ll need to embrace the healthy diets. A healthy diet should be followed for the rest of your life if you want to make sure that you won’t gain weight again. This means to eat healthy and balanced and to enjoy physical exercising with regularity.
Also, do have in mind that the period in which you will acquire the desired results may vary, depending on your organism.
But, it is highly recommended to lose weight constantly, a small amount at a time, instead of using severe diets that promise to shed a consistent amount of weight in a very short time. These should be avoided at all costs because almost always you gain the lost weight back as soon as you finish the diet and you risk damaging your body and health in a great deal.
Get the Right Calories Food and Avoid Excess Calories
Still, a recent diet that managed to capture the attention of specialists and people who want to lose weight safely is the TLC diet or Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes.
This may even be the ideal opportunity for something new on the diet scene. US News and World Report has released their diet rankings for 2017, and a diet is not that popular has taken 4th position in the overall rankings, is 3rd in heart-healthy diets, and ranks 18th in weight loss. Also known as Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes diet.
As the name suggests, the diet is all about making healthy choices for your life, promoting a great state of health, the weight loss being a bonus of this diet. The diet promises to become quite popular since it is rather generous when it comes to the foods you can consume.
The only effort a person that follows it should do is to keep track of the calories that are consumed in a daily manner. According to our height, weight, and activity level, we all have a certain amount of calories that are more than sufficient to help us get through the day while maintaining a good energy level and without affecting our body weight.
Choose the Right Food / Diet – Therapeutic lifestyle changes (TLC) Diet
You will see that your favorite foods are still on the allowed list, as they will suffer some adjustments to make them healthy. So, instead of having cream sauce in your salad, you will enjoy herbs and olive oil, which is a much healthier option. And, of course, let us not forget about physical activity.
The TLC diet does not push you to go sweat in the gym if this is not for you. Instead, it highly recommends enjoying a minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity daily, at a moderate level. So, there is nothing scary about this particular diet, as it focuses more on developing a healthier lifestyle that will also produce the desired weight loss.
The TLC healthy diet prescribes that you eat particular measures of various sorts of foods. These sums are once in a while a rate of your aggregate calorie consumption for every day.
- Polyunsaturated fat: At least 10% of total calories
- Monounsaturated fat: At least 20% of total calories
- Saturated fat: < 7% of total calories
- Soluble fiber: At least 5 to 10 grams a day
- Cholesterol: < 200 mg a day
- Protein: About 15% of total calories
- Carbohydrate: Between 50% and 60% of total calories
- Total calories: Balance calories taken in and calories consumed to reach and remain at a healthy solid weight.
Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC) Diet Menu Recommendations
1. Lean meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, and dry peas
- 5 oz. maximum a day of lean meat, poultry, or fish
Substitute 6 ounces dry beans or peas for 1 ounce of meat.
- No more than 5 zo total a day
- 1 whole egg. Egg whites or substitutes are not limited
- No more than 2 yolks a week
3. Low-fat milk and milk products
- 16 oz. fat-free or 1% milk
- 16 oz nonfat or low-fat yogurt
- 1 ounce nonfat or low-fat cheese (3 grams of fat or less per ounce)
- Take this 2-3 times a day
- A piece fruit, such as apple, orange, or ½ a banana
- 8 oz. canned fruit
- A cup of berries or melon
- ¾ cup fruit juice
- Take this 2-4 time a day
- A cup raw leafy greens
- ½ cup cooked or raw vegetables
- ¾ cup vegetable juice
- Take this 2-5 a day
6. Bread, cereals, pasta, rice, and other grains
- A slice of bread
- Small piece hot dog or hamburger bun, bagel, or English muffin
- 1 oz. cold cereal
- ½ cup cooked pasta, rice, noodles, or other grains
- Take this not less than 6 a day
Read Further – 7 Easy Best Exercise Plan to Lose Weight Fast in 30 Days
7. Sweets and snacks
- Pick snacks within calorie limit that are low in fat or are made with unsaturated fat.