How to Lose Hip Fat:– The hip is a projection of the pelvis and upper thigh on each side of the body. It is a common storage area for excess fat most especially in women. This is because women have a higher percentage of body fat than men. If you notice an excessive case of fat storage around your lower body, it is a sign of excessive levels of estrogen floating around your body (1).
Generally, if you desire to lose fat around your hip, you will need to combine a healthy diet as well as an effective exercise routine. Regular exercise plays an important role in helping a person lose fat around his hip region in a natural way. There are some exercises designed to help lose hip fat and will produce impressive results once you devote your time to it. This article will discuss various workouts to get rid of hip fat.
Causes of Hip Fat
Before discussing the workouts, let us examine the major causes of fat accumulation around the hip.
Eating the Wrong Foods
The food you eat can make or mar you. Eating the wrong foods can make you gain excess fat around the hips and other places like the stomach and the thighs region. These foods are severely high in calories and full of carbohydrates which can contribute to excess fat in the body at great speed.
Such foods include chips, ice cream, candies, cakes, pastries, cookies, red unprocessed meats in burgers or steaks among others.
Lack of Physical Activity
This contributes largely to fat accumulation around the hip. A person who remains inactive all day or sits in one place for most of the day will certainly gain fat around the hip. The fat comes from the food the person eats since it doesn’t get converted to energy which is essential to the body.
If your job requires you sitting in one place all day, ensure that you take breaks in between and walk around for a while.
Less Consumption of Water
Drinking less water is also a major cause of fat accumulation in the hip region. The body needs adequate water to get rid of wastes and toxins. Reduced consumption of water makes this impossible thereby resulting in weight gain and fat accumulation.
Drinking adequate water every day eliminates toxins and wastes products thereby ensuring the body fat is low.
At menopause stage, weight gain is quite natural in women. This is because the body undergoes several hormonal changes resulting in weight gain and fat accumulation in the hip.
It is essential for a woman to eat well, exercise on a regular basis and stay active all day long during menopause to help fight the problem of hip fat.
How to Lose Hip Fat Fast in 2 Weeks- 7 Best Hip Fat Exercises At Home
Here are various workouts on how to lose hip fat.
1. High-Intensity Cardiovascular Exercise
A great way on how to lose hip fat is high-intensity cardiovascular exercise (also known as HIIT). A normal cardio exercise like biking or swimming is good but HIIT ensures that you burn hip fat in a shorter amount of time. HIIT is an exercise that enables you to exercise at both moderate and high intensity causing your body to burn calories which can help get rid of hip fat.
It is important that you carry out HIIT exercise for about four days per week. Also, HIIT exercises are not very long and they range from 20 to 30 minutes. Here, I’ll show you an example of HIIT using a treadmill. A treadmill is a device generally for running, walking or climbing while staying in the same place.
- On a treadmill, warm yourself up with a walk at 4 to 5 MPH.
- Do this for about 5 minutes.
- Gradually increase to a sprinting pace of 7 to 9 mph.
- Do this for about 1 minute.
- After that, return to your jogging pace for about one minute.
- Repeat the first 4 steps for a total number of 8 times.
- Cooldown thereafter.
Note that we all have different sprinting pace and you should not be sprinting at 9 mph if you haven’t been exercising.
2. Squats to Reduce Hip Fat
One of the best ways on how to lose hip fat is by regular squats. This workout is quite popular and it helps to get rid of hip fat. If you are new to squat, below are steps on how to safely carry it out.
- Begin by placing your feet wide apart.
- Keep your back in a neutral position.
- Also, keep your feet centered over your feet
- Start with your feet hip-width apart.
- Slowly bend your knees, hips, and ankles until you reach 90-degree angle.
- Slowly rise back to your position at the beginning.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
Ensure that you inhale as you lower and exhale as you return to starting position.
3. Lunges to Reduce Hip Size
Lunges help to burn hip fat. It involves a sudden forward movement of the body and some people consider it as the best way to lose hip fat. This is a great exercise for developing muscles around your entire thigh and hips.
- While standing, begin by placing your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Now, step forward with one foot.
- Make sure that you keep your toes point forward.
- In a slow movement, bend your front knee and drop your back knee simultaneously.
- Stop the movement when your front thigh is almost parallel to the floor.
- Make sure that your front knee aligns with your ankle.
- Push your body back up to the starting position using your front thigh.
- Switch legs and repeat the steps.
4. Hip Raises to Lose Hip Fat
- Lie on the floor while resting on your side.
- Place your legs on top of each other.
- Place your head on your closest arm to the floor.
- Start raising your hips up until your body forms a parallel line from your knees to your shoulders
- Slowly, lower your back down to the starting position.
- Switch sides and do a similar amount of raises with the other side of the hip
- Do this 10 times.
5. The Bridge Exercise
The bridge exercise is also a way on how to reduce hip fat. It involves a position that works the back of your legs and also tones your hips and thighs. Below are the steps involved in performing this exercise;
- Lie on the floor and face the ceiling.
- Bend knees at a 90-degree angle in front of your body.
- Place your arms by your sides.
- Raise your hips into the air until your body is in a straight line declining from knees to head while pressing through your buttocks,
- Hold this position for a couple of seconds before slowly rolling back to your starting position.
- Repeat for about 10-20 times.
- Raise one leg and hold your hips at an even level to make it harder.
- Repeat with the other leg.
6. Plies for Hip Fat
Another way on how to lose hip fat is the plie exercise. This is a move usually used in ballet. The dancer usually bends the knees and straightens them again usually with the feet. This exercise helps to burn and get rid of hip fat.
- While standing, begin by placing your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Ensure that you point your toes in a 45-degree angle away from your body.
- Put your hands on your hips.
- Lower your body while keeping your buttocks, torso, and head in a straight linear line from floor to ceiling.
- Go down and ensure that your knees are bending out away from your body.
- Lower your body until it becomes uncomfortable to continue.
- Slowly raise your body back to your starting position.
- Do this using your buttocks and inner thighs to push yourself back up.
- Repeat for as long as you can.
7. Standing Side Kick for Hip and Thigh Fat
- Begin by placing your feet hip-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Then, slowly extend your left leg to your side at your hip height in 3 counts.
- Hold for a count then take 3 counts to lower to the ground
- Do this for 10-15 minutes then switch sides.
Along with these workout steps on how to lose hip fat, it is also necessary that you have a good healthy diet. Also, note that it is quite impossible to reduce your hip fat without reducing your overall body fat. If you want a quick reduction in your hips, aim to workout for at least 1 hour for about 4-5 days every week.