Home remedies for sunburn – Summer is here again everybody want to lay their sexy body in the sun and get tan. But this can turn out to be a bad action when we get our skin burn. So this may result to sunburn blisters, sunburn itchy and we start develop all the sunburn symptoms.
Almost all sunburns are initiated by ultraviolet B or UVB radiation. Less often, this part of sunlight can revamp the body, giving a daily dose of nutritional D and possibly affect your disposition. But if people get too much, it can damage the DNA in their skin cells and enhance their susceptibility to sunburn skin cancer. Sunburns are natural way of telling people to go inside and prevent further skin damage.
According to the research carried out by CDC ; More than one-third of adults and close to 70% of children agree they got sunburned within the past year.
The best way to treat a sunburn is by applying home remedies for sunburn
Causes of sunburn
If you expose your skin too long to the sun ray you can get sunburn or tan. There is a pigment called melanin in the skin; dark skin people have more of melanin than light people. So Dark-skinned people usually turn darker brown, or tan, when they stay long in the sun. While most of Light-skinned people usually turn redder or burn when they stay long in the sun.
Melanin blocks at least a few of the Ultra Violet (UV) rays from penetrating the skin. Following repeated or prolonged direct exposure to UV rays, your skin produces more melanin. Therefore the skin darkens, or tan, which protects the skin to some extent.
Other causes of sunburn are;
- Tanning, like Tanning lamps and natural sun
- UV radiation
- Welding arcs
- Medication; for instance some tranquilizer, antibiotic and contraceptives
- Ozone depletion.
- Redness or hot of the skin
- Sunburn blister,
- Face sunburn
- Skin peeling and rashes
- Skin maybe itchy or swelling
- Severe sunburn pain
- Rapid pulse
- Rapid breathing
- Shock with loss of consciousness
How to Prevent Sunburn
Wear protective clothing like a wide-brim hat, long-sleeved shirt and pants
Use sunscreen: make sure you cover your expose body with sunscreen while under the sun. This will protect your skin against both UVA and UVB rays.
According to research the effective sunscreen protection is achieved by using 15 to 30 minutes before exposure, followed by one reapplication 15 to 30 minutes after exposure starts. You may want to apply sunscreen again after activities such as swimming, sweating, and rubbing.
This may varies based on the instructions shown on the label; from as little as 80 minutes in water to a few hours, depending on the product used.
Sun screen is effective and so suggested for protecting against melanoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Generally there is little evidence that it is effective in protecting against basal cell cancer.
The United States Preventative Services Task Force advises that folks between 9 and 25 years of age group be advised to avoid ultraviolet light. Typical use of sunscreen does not usually cause calciferol deficit, but intensive use may cause calciferol deficiency.
Observe the time: you do not want to go out around 10: am to 4: pm because during this range of time the sun’s rays are strongest.
Diet: certain diet supplements have been shown to be effective in reducing sunburn and skin damage that are associated with UV radiation; these include vitamin E and C.
Use sunglass: using of sunglass can reduce effect of UV radiation.
To reduce pain, swelling and itchy from sunburns apply the following home remedies for sunburn. These are one of the fastest ways to treat sunburn.
The 9 Best Home Remedies For Sunburn
1. Baking soda
This is popularly known for its health benefits.
- Add baking soda into warm bath water,
- Toweling off, and allow the mixture to dry on your skin.
- This will greatly cause sunburn relief.
- Do this for a week until you feel better ( get one on amazon)
2. Use Vinеgаr аnd olive oil соmрrеѕѕеѕ
This is one of the best home remedies for sunburn. Use cold compresses to your sunburn skin or take a cool bath to ease your sunburn pain
- Add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar into a tub of cool water
- As a great astringent, it will ease your sunburn pain
Aveeno made from oat meal is an effective sunburn reliever. It is recommended that if you want a fast sunburn relief try aveeno …. amazon
- Use the premeasured packets or add 1/2 cup of Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment ( available on amazon.com), , to a tub of cool water
- Soak for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Aveeno is a well-known remedy for itching
4. Use moisturizer
- Chill moisturizer in the fridge for added sunburn relief.
- Pat yourself dry, then smooth on some bath oil.
- Allow it soak in for 2 to 3 minutes, then apply a moisturizer cream or lotion, such as Eucerin (available on amazon.com).
Must Read : DIY Natural Homemade Tanning Lotion & Oil
5. Cold water.
- You can apply a few ice cubes to the affected area.
- Dip a cloth into the water and lay it over the burn region.
- Repeat every few minutes as the cloth warms.
- Apply several times a day for a total of 10 to 15 minutes each.
6. Aluminum acetate.
- For the intense itching after sunburns
- Try mixing Domeboro’s powder packets (available on amazon.com) with water.
- Follow the direction on the power label
- The active element in the power is aluminum acetate which keeps the skin from getting too dry or itchy.
7 . Witch hazel.
Witch hazel is an effective astringent has been proven to have long-lasting anti-inflammatory relief.
- Moisten a cloth with witch hazel
- Apply often for onto affected area for temporary relief.
- If the affected area is small, dab cotton balls into the liquid and gently wipe on.
- Do this every day for at least a week until get feel better
8. Stay hydrated
Drink lot of water to ѕtау hydrated and accelerate the sunburn treatment. Make sure you take cold showers regularly and ѕtау in сооl room to reduce the heat sensation and sunburn itch
9 . Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a common medicinal plant and has a lot of health benefits. It good for burns, acne and hydrating skin. That is why it can never be ignored as one of the best home remedies for sunburn plants.
Aррlу lotions or cream made from Alое Vеrа . Aloe vera is very riсh in аminо асidѕ ( 20 of thе 22 amino асidѕ, 7 оf which cannot be mаnufасturеd by the human body) plant sterols act as effective аnti-inflаmmаtоrу agents. Lignin in plant can also allow аll plant’s nutrients to реnеtrаtе dеер intо your ѕkin for better and fast sunburn relief.
Other home remedies for sunburn Reliefs are:
Apply milk соmрrеѕѕеѕ оr you can apply yogurt to the damaged sunburn skin .This one of the proven fastest sunburn treatment
Aррlуing ѕliсеѕ of cucumber or potatoes to the affected area can also be effective severe sunburn pain relief
vitamins such as vitаmin E creams or lotions саn reduce sunburn damage; inсrеаѕе vitamin C intаkе tо hеаl sunburns faster, both vitamins have antioxidant effect.
Must Read :Top 12 Beach Town You Must Visit This Summer