The Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox water is a natural diuretic drink made with distilled water, organic dandelion root tea, lemon juice and cranberry juice. It is a 7-day detox drink promoted by Jillian Michaels for quick weight, especially to get rid of belly fat. According to Jillian, you can lose a few pounds in just one week by drinking this detox drink.
It is a drink you can rely on when you have just 7 days to that major event, maybe you have a wedding, date or any other important occasion.
I know there have been arguments that distilled water is dangerous for your health. Did you notice it is one of the ingredients of the Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox water? Distilled water is not actually unhealthy. Though it is slightly acidic, it is also pure and helps to detoxify your body system.
Unless you have kidney-related problems, you will be fine taking distilled water. Then, you should use alkaline water instead or better still, consult with your doctor.
This Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox water can aid quick weight loss. Its 3 major ingredients apart from distilled water are all natural diuretics. They assist in burning fat, loss of appetite and reducing excess water in our body. Their combination is actually tasty.
Let us discuss more about the ingredients below.
The Recipes for Making Jillian Michaels’ Weight Loss Detox Water
- Cranberry Juice
- Organic Dandelion Root
- Distilled water / Springwater
See this post– How to use Lemon Water for Extreme Weight Loss
Health Benefits of Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice contains a lot of useful antioxidants for your body (1). It an essential ingredient for your weight loss plan. Cranberry juice does not contain as much sugar as other citrus juices. It is also less acidic and you can enjoy it by mixing with other beverages.
Cranberries have several health benefits including (2):
- Relieves depression and stress
- Prevents common cold and flu
- Useful for treating bladder and kidney infections
- It also helps to detoxify your kidney and intestines.
- Boosts your immune system naturally
- Treats various skin infections like psoriasis, dermatitis, burns, and acne
- It is a natural treatment for gingivitis
- Prevents ulcer
- Recent research shows that cranberries enhances blood circulation and reduces the risks of heart diseases.
- It contains high content of vitamin A, vitamin C, phenols, minerals and organic acids that aid weight loss
Health Benefits of Lemon
Lemon juice is popular for the numerous health benefits associated with it (3). It contains essential nutrients like flavonoids, phosphorus, protein, zinc, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, copper, thiamine, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A. These benefits of lemon are as follows:
- Treats constipation and indigestion
- Promotes hydration
- It is a great source of vitamin C
- Prevents kidney stones
- Helps to treat cold, flu and fever
- Lemon is useful for dental care and also eliminates mouth odor
- It is a proven treatment for hair-related problems like hair loss and dandruff
- Lemon juice cures skin related infections like acne, eczema, and pimples. It also reduces wrinkles
- Its antiseptic property makes it capable of stopping internal bleeding
- Lemon juice promotes weight loss
- Purifies your blood and treats diseases like malaria and cholera.
- It prevents diabetes and high blood pressure
- Keto Diet Plan Recipes That Will Make You Lose Weight in 7 Days
- Atkins Diet: The Benefits, the Side Effects, and the Success Stories
- Best Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe for Weight Loss- Lose 10 Pounds In 7 Days
- Weight Loss Soup Recipes and 9 Rapid Weight Loss Diet That Work
- 7 Surprisingly Effective Ways Of Using Coconut Oil For Weight Loss
Health Benefits of Dandelion Root Tea
- It aids digestion.
- This tea purifies your blood
- It detoxifies your kidney.
- Helps to reduce body weight
- It reduces body fluid by making you urinate frequently. This can lead to weight loss
- Dandelion tea can also aid weight loss by reducing your calorie intake.
- It provides fiber to your body and other nutrients like calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Iron. These nutrients all contribute to your good health.
- Some studies show that it lowers blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of diabetics.
However, excess consumption of diuretics can lead to dehydration accompanied by the following symptoms:
Health Benefits of Distilled Water
As the name implies, distilled water is the end product of distillation. It is very pure and free from all contaminants. Their benefits associated with the use of distilled water. They are:
- Removes contaminants from water
- Regulates Body Temperature
- Detoxifies your body
- Sharpens mental performance
- Improves Oxygen Delivery
- Improves skin appearance
- Promotes weight loss
- Relieves headaches
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and depression
- Alleviates arthritis and asthma symptoms
- Aids Proper Digestion
- Generates Cellular Energy
- Makes your Immune system function better
Despite these benefits, the major argument against distilled water is its lack of nutrients. The World Health Organization points out about 14 essential micronutrients that are not present in distilled water(5). Our bodies actually require these minerals and vitamins to function properly.
The good thing about the Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox drink is that the minerals and vitamins absent in distilled water are present in the other ingredients in high quantities. The 4 ingredients complement one another.
7 Day Jillian Michaels’ Weight Loss Detox Water Recipe
The plan is to have about 60 ounces Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox drink every day for 7 consecutive days. This should help you lose a few pounds in just 1 week. Are you looking for that great beach sexy summer body, then Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox water is perfect for you. Here is everything you need for this detox drink:
- 60 ounces of distilled water ( Get Glass Pitcher with Lid one Here)
- 1 tablespoon of a non-sugar Cranberry Juice
- 1 teabag of organic Dandelion root tea
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
How To Prepare the Jillian Michaels’ Weight Loss Detox Water
- Steep the Dandelion root tea in 60 ounces of boiled distilled water or spring water for about 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Add the 1 teaspoon of cranberry juice and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Then mix all ingredients together.
- Drink the mixture.
- Repeat for 7 consecutive days.
Related Posts to Read:
- Master The Art of Using Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss With These Simple Tips
- Lemon Water for Weight Loss -The Extreme Weight Loss Drink!
- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink Recipe ( Honey, Cinnamon, and Lemon) for Fat Burning – Drink this Early in the Morning and Before Going to Bed at Night
- Effective Use of Horseradish For Weight Loss
- 19 Quick Fat Burning Smoothies for Weight Loss At Home
If you are looking to lose10 pounds in a short period, then you should totally try the Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox water. As against popular belief, this Jillian Michaels’ weight loss detox water has a refreshing and delicious taste.
It is one of the most effective detox drinks for weight loss I know of. Try it out and do leave us a feedback.