Acne is a common skin disease that causes blackheads and pimples in any area of the skin with hair follicles. The face, chest, neck, shoulders and the back are all places acne could occur.
The back is one of the most common areas that often develop acne. Back acne is so predominant that it has its’ own name: Backne
Causes of Back Acne
The body’s oil glands carry dead skin cells through the hair follicle to the surface of the skin. These skin cells then grow as a small hair out of the skin. A pimple starts to develop when the skin cells, oil glands, and hair are trapped within the follicle and infected by bacteria.
Back acne occurs when the follicles that connect the oil glands under the skin pores are blocked and infected. Back acne can affect people from their teens into their forties. It tends to occur around puberty when the oil glands that produce sebum starts functioning. When too much sebum is produced, hair and skin cells can become trapped, attracting bacteria. This can result in acne. Acne is very common in Women Than Men as Adults, according to the research published by American Academy of Dermatology
Back acne is generally confined to the upper half of the body. It tends to appear on the back, upper arms and buttocks and can be extremely discomforting and painful.
Luckily, back acne is treatable and preventable. Before you consult your dermatologist about emerging pimples on your back, here are some natural remedies that can clear up back acne fast.
How to Get Rid of Back Acne Fast At Home
Back acne is not only painful and irritating, they also pose problems making it difficult to sleep. They also leave behind ugly back acne scars. It is important to treat them as soon as they start developing. These natural remedies are the best back acne treatment and will also help you get rid of back acne scars;
1. Use Sea Salt for Back Acne
The use of sea salt is one of the best ways to clear back acne. It effectively dries out your skin, prevents the growth of bacteria and restores the body’s oil balance. Sea salt also contains zinc which regulates sebum production. You should avoid using table salt as it contains iodine which makes acne worse.
- Add 2 – 3 cups of seawater to warm water bath.
- Lay in the bathtub for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Apply a light moisturizer after a bath. (Avoid if you have an oily skin)
- Repeat this process twice daily
- Add sea salt to water
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle
- Spray mixture on your back acne twice daily
- Let dry and wear loose clothing
Note: The second process is not recommended if your back acne is in a bad shape.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar for Back Acne
Apple Cider Vinegar also helps get rid of back acne. It contains anti-inflammation and anti-bacterial properties that help fight bacterial infections. Also, it helps to balance the pH of your body. It is considered one of the best remedies for acne.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with water
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle
- Spray on your back before bed
- Leave it on for 20 – 25 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Store the spray bottle in the solution in your refrigerator to get cooling effects on your acne
- If you don’t prefer spraying, use a cotton ball to apply the solution to your acne.
3. Baking Soda for Back Acne
Baking Soda has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that cure irritation and swelling. It also has amphoteric properties which help balance the pH level of the skin excellently.
- Mix baking soda and water to make a paste
- Apply to back and leave on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water
- Repeat regularly
4. Oatmeal for Back Acne
Oatmeal is beneficial for treating many skin diseases like eczema and acne. It soaks excessive sebum and oil off the skin.
- Grind three tablespoons plain oatmeal into a powder.
- Pour three more tablespoons oatmeal into a clean sock and tie the end closed.
- Run a warm water bath and mix the powdered oatmeal with the warm water in a bathtub.
- Take the sock into the bath and squeeze it regularly to replenish the oatmeal in your bath
- Lay in the bathtub for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process every day
5. Epsom Salt cures Back Acne
This method is for those that find sea salt a little too expensive. Epsom salt is also a good cure for back acne. Also known as Magnesium Sulfate. Epsom salt helps in reducing irritation and itchiness and flushes out toxins from the body.
It also activates enzymes which helps the body absorb vital nutrients such as zinc, potassium and vitamin D.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and add Epsom salt.
- Lay in the bath for 20-30 minutes.
- Do not use any soap or chemical in an Epsom salt bath
- Scrub gently with a loofah for better absorption and blood circulation
- After the Epsom salt bath, you should drink lots of water.
- Repeat daily
Precaution: You should not rub Epsom salt directly onto your skin. It is highly abrasive and may worsen your back acne by breaking your skin further.
Also, make sure to have plenty of calcium and magnesium in your diet while using this method.
6. Oatmeal and Honey Mask for Back Acne
This method is useful for those that do not like the idea of an oatmeal bath. The mixture of oatmeal and honey is also one of the best ways to clear up back acne.
While oatmeal soaks out excessive oil, dirt, and toxins, honey works with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to clear pimples on back and treat back acne and back acne scars.
It helps to sooth the affected area and prevent redness and swelling.
- Cook three tablespoons of oatmeal with water.
- Add 4 tablespoons of honey to the cooked oatmeal.
- Allow it to cool.
- Apply to your back.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat process daily.
Related Post to Check Out :
- 7 Most Effective Essential Oils for Acne or Pimple
- 6 Amazing Ways of Using Turmeric for Acne Treatment
- 11 Best Way on How to Get Rid of Liver Spots Naturally at Home
- How to Get Rid of Age Spots on Face | 7 Home Remedies That Work Fast
- How to Remove Skin Tags Fast : Home Remedies and Causes of Skin Tags
7. Tea Tree Oil for Back Acne
Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. It targets the bacteria that causes acne and kills it. It can also use for treating cellulite. You should always dilute tea tree oil with water to avoid irritation, redness, blistering and over-drying. Never apply undiluted tea tree oil on your skin. Always dilute the oil with water in the ratio 5:95. For example, 5ml tea tree oil should be mixed with 95ml water.
You should always dilute tea tree oil with water to avoid irritation, redness, blistering and over-drying. Never apply undiluted tea tree oil on your skin. Always dilute the oil with water in the ratio 5:95. For example, 5ml tea tree oil should be mixed with 95ml water.
- Add 2-3 drops tea oil to one cup of water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture to the affected areas on the back.
- Repeat process twice daily.
- Store solution in a bottle for further use.
Back acne can be painful and embarrassing. It can turn from some small pimples on back to being your biggest worry. It is important to make sure they are treated quickly. Natural remedies are the best methods to get rid of back acne. Above all, you need exercise patience and remain persistent. These treatments might take time.
Also, remember a good personal hygiene, and a balanced diet will also help you in getting rid of back acne. Drink lots of water and take a shower immediately after any physical activity that makes you sweat. Stay relaxed. It will eventually go away with time.
References: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/understanding-acne-basics#2 ,http://www.rapidhomeremedies.com/back-acne.html ,http://homeremediesforlife.com/back-acne/, http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/get-rid-back-acne-fast.html ,http://hirabeautytips.com/get-rid-of-back-acne-overnight/, https://www.gq.com/story/how-to-get-rid-of-back-acne, https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-rid-of-back-acne#overview1