How do you get rid of neck fat and make your neck thinner? – Neck fat is something that doesn’t look too good and many people that have it would like to get rid of it. If you were wondering as well how to get rid of neck fat, you should know that there are ways to do this on your own, without having to worry that only the knife of a plastic surgeon is the only one that will save you.
There are many causes that can lead to the accumulation of fat in the neck, so once you identify and fix what you are doing wrong, you will definitely get rid of this unwanted fat deposit.
Neck Fat Causes
One common problem is too much body weight,
- Lack of sleep,
- Too much stress,
- Not drinking enough water, and
- Having a body that retains water,
- Genetics or a disturbance in the organism caused by treatments with steroids can all lead to neck fat, according to Johns Hopkins study
Thus, here are 7 useful tips that will teach you how to lose flabby neck fat in no time.
How to Get Rid Of Neck Fat Fast – Exercises and Home Remedies Tips
1. Make Sure You Drink Sufficient Water
Water is very important for your body and if you don’t drink enough, this unhealthy habit may make your body store water, triggering water retention which will make your face look a little swollen, together with making your neck fat look more prominent.
You see, fat deposits are great for making water reserves in the case of not drinking enough water, so remediating this issue will definitely lead to reducing neck fat.
If you are interested in how to get rid of neck fat, do know that drinking 8 glasses of water, at least, per day will improve the situation. Also, drinking sufficient water will help you if you want to lose weight, curbing your appetite and cravings
2. Change Your Diet And Eating Habits
Eating unhealthy foods and having a disorganized diet are both leading to neck fat accumulations. If you want to get rid of this unaesthetic fat deposit, you need to alter your diet and adopt healthier eating habits.
This means no more junk food, fast food, and other types of processed foods, sugary foods, fried foods and other foods that contain unhealthy fats.
Also, reduce your portions. It is better to eat often but in smaller quantities. So make sure you have three regular meals per day, with healthy snacks in between. And, of course, drink plenty of water.
3. Do Not Neglect Your Night Sleep
It is very important to allow your body to rest properly. Many people don’t realize that losing sleep actually makes them gain weight and fat, although they only have one meal per day, out of the desire to lose some weight.
So, if you are wondering how to get rid of neck fat, you must know that sleeping sufficiently is a big part of it.
4. Improve Your Body Posture
Having a bad body posture can lead to neck fat, so make sure you have a correct posture, regardless if you are standing or sitting down. So, when standing up, you need to make sure that your head is in alignment with your spine.
A correcting position will make sure that the muscles of your jaw are nice and straight, not sagging, keeping fat from being deposited in this area. Because the people that spend a lot of hours sitting are most exposed to developing neck fat, it is highly important for them to be aware of the importance of a correct posture.
Thus, do bear it in mind that slouching while sitting down will make your chin and neck muscles become weaker, so the skin will start sagging in this area. This, in time, will lead to the accumulation of fat.
So, learn to be constantly aware of your position, so you will correct it if you notice that you start slouching or not having a straight position when standing.
5. Do Neck Exercise – Exercises To Get Rid of Neck and Double Chin Fat Fast
Everybody interested in how to get rid of neck fat should know that exercising the neck helps improve the condition, by keeping the muscles in a great shape. These exercises will help with muscle toning and will allow you to get rid of neck fat as soon as possible. One of these exercises is neck tilts.
Neck Tilts Exercise for Reducing Neck Fat
For this, all you have to do is to move your head from one side to the other.
- Then move it to the front and back, and then slowly downward and upward.
- Just don’t overdo it as you may get sore neck muscles.
- Practicing for 10 to 15 minutes every day is enough.
- A second exercise is neck stretching.
Neck Stretching For Slimming Neck
This means to stretch your neck after sitting in the same position for an extended period.
- Try not to stay in one position for too long and stretch constantly during static activities, like when watching a movie.
- Also, don’t forget to stretch your neck in the morning, right after getting out of bed.
6. Use Natural Treatments To Tighten The Skin On Your Neck
The skin on your neck is also responsible for fat accumulation when it starts to sag. So you need to keep it nice and firm, using natural masks you can do at home for this;
What You Will Need :
- One fresh Egg
- A bowl of warm water
How to Apply it
- Take the egg white of an egg,
- Then whisk it a little and apply it on your neck.
- Allowing it to sit for half an hour.
- While the mask dries, you should be able to feel the tightening effect, making it a great natural remedy when it comes to learning methods of how to get rid of neck fat.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Alternatively, you can use wheat germ oil for the same purpose,
Wheat Germ Oil – Wheat Germ Oil for Neck Fat
- Take about 50 ml of wheat germ oil.
- Apply the oil to your neck and massage it into the skin for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then leave it for 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process for about 3-4 time in a week for a better result.
7. Make Sure Your Diet Enjoys Lean Protein
Also, avoid meat that has fat, because you just need the proteins and not the fats. You should pick fresh meat as well, instead of canned one, because canned meat contains too much sodium, which can lead to water retention in your body.