Turmeric for Acne Treatment – what is Acne ? According to sciencedaily.com acne is an inflammatory skin disease, caused by alternations in the pilosebaceous units i.e skin structures consisting of a hair follicle and its associated sebaceous gland.
Turmeric is one of the good ingredients for acne treatment. The major facial problem for adult and teenagers is acne.
Acne is an extremely common skin problem, there many misconceptions about this skin disease still exist. According to new research presented at the American Academy of Dermatology’s 74th Annual Meeting in Washington, patients who are suffering for acne are often perceived negatively by others, which may affect patients’ quality of life. A board-certified dermatologist can render effective and sound treatment ,which include natural acne treatment ,to help acne patients manage their condition .
6 Amazing Ways Of Using Turmeric for Acne Treatment
There many creams and lotion out there which that people are using can cause skin irritations like discolouration, peeling of face, itches etc. Acne occurs as a result of stress, anxiety, hot, oily food, greasy hair pimple/acne squeezing and during the menstrual cycle.
Turmeric benefits for acne
- Turmeric powder for acne treatment really helps to eliminate the excessive oil and annihilating the bacteria.
- Turmeric benefits for acne can also be linked to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which are both essential substances in fighting acne naturally .
You can use your fingers and apply the turmeric to the dry, delicate skin, and massage it gently on your face for no less than 10-15 minutes.
Leave it overnight on your face. The turmeric will dry and turn out to be firm like a cover. This will reduce the size acne inflammation.
Wash and dried paste in the morning with soap towel. You can use old clothe to clean your face to avoid turmeric stain on your clothes.
Turmeric will also leave a yellowish color on the skin. To clear this, wipe these areas with a cotton wool dipped in a few drops of a facial toner
1.Eat Turmeric Regularly
Turmeric can be eaten every day. You can pour a teaspoonful of turmeric in to a glass of milk and boil it. This can be taken regularly every day!
Below are the list of how to use Turmeric for Acne Treatment Recipes. These are turmeric face mask for acne
2. Turmeric face mask for acne (Rice Flour with Turmeric #1 )
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 teaspoon of yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon of rice flour
- Mix these 3 ingredients together until it turned to thick paste and apply it to your face.
- You can leave this on your face for 15-20 minutes for effective work
3. Here is another Turmeric face mask for acne (Oatmeal and Turmeric #2)
- Add 1 tablespoon each of oatmeal flour and lentil powder and half teaspoon turmeric.
- Blend these in water, make a smooth paste and apply on the skin.
- Leave for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- This will leave your skin dry and smooth.
4. Turmeric and Olive oil (Turmeric face mask for acne #3)
- You can take 2 teaspoons of turmeric and
- add a little portion of a spoon of olive oil to it.
- Blend the 2 recipes truly well and apply it on your acne.
- You can likewise substitute olive oil with sesame oil in case you need that.
- The anti-toxin properties of turmeric can truly help clear acne quick.
5. Honey or/and Turmeric for Acne Treatment ( Turmeric face mask for acne #4)
This is presumably the least demanding and the most ordinarily used at home for acne treatment. Everything you need is turmeric and water.
- You can apply this paste to the acne-areas and leave it for some time this will prevent the acne from growing further and cure it quickly.
- Apply this routinely to get best results.
- You can also use water with honey as honey has germicide properties.
6. Turmeric and Sandalwood Paste (Turmeric face mask for acne #5)
This mix likewise works very well to cure acne.
Mix sandalwood powder and turmeric in same quantity and make a paste using rose water.
Apply this on your acne.
- Leave this for around 15-20 minutes and afterward wash it off using tepid water.
- Likewise, you can also add neem powder to this paste rather than turmeric.
If you have used turmeric for acne treatment, do share your experience with us!
But before you leave let me share this two reviews with you about the using of turmeric for acne treatment . These was shared on www.acne.org/turmeric-reviews-1198/.
Here are what people say:
Hi- Just wanted to share my results from turmeric oil. I am a 48 year old woman (yes, acne at 48!) and have battled clogged pores and small pimples all of my life. I too, have tried almost everything from BP, antibiotics, salicylic acid. I’m also Spanish, so I have the olive skin tone which looks great in the summer but hangs on to extra melanin from acne breakouts forever! A few weeks ago, I started using organic apple cider vinegar with water, a few drops of lavender oil and frankincense oil. Dilute the ACV with water at a ratio of 1:1, add the essential oils and keep in a small glass jar. I use this as a toner every night all over my face before bed. Yes, it smells bad but WOW is it worth it. The ACV keeps the ph balance of your skin in check. I then dab turmeric oil using a Qtip, on any pimples and dark spots. You probably won’t like the smells but this is why I do it before bed. My skin has drastically changed! Within 2 weeks, my skin was lighter and glowing. I’ve had so many compliments! Best of all, it’s fairly inexpensive!
You can also watch this video by MrJovitageorge to learn more;