Turmeric for Acne Treatment – what is Acne? According to sciencedaily.com acne is an inflammatory skin disease, caused by alternations in the pilosebaceous units ( skin structures consisting of a hair follicle and its associated sebaceous gland).
Turmeric has been proven to be one most effective ingredients for acne treatment.
Acne is an extremely common skin problem, both in adults and teens especially. And many misconceptions about this skin disease still exist. According to new research presented at the American Academy of Dermatology’s 74th Annual Meeting in Washington, patients who are suffering for acne are often perceived negatively by others, which may affect patients’ quality of life.
Causes of Acne
Acne occurs as a result of;
Well, all hope is not lost, since acne can be treated naturally at home with these 6 effective home remedies that are listed below.
Turmeric Benefits for Acne
- Turmeric powder for acne treatment really helps to eliminate the excessive oil and annihilating the bacteria.
- It has also be linked to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which are both essential substances in fighting acne naturally.
6 Amazing Ways Of Using Turmeric for Acne Treatment
There many creams and lotions out there that people are using that have a lot of side effects like discoloration, peeling of the face, itches etc. But these home remedies listed below are saved to use.
1.Eat Turmeric Regularly
Turmeric can be eaten every day. You can pour a teaspoonful of turmeric into a glass of milk and boil it. This can be taken regularly every day!
Below is the list of how to use Turmeric for Acne Treatment.
How To Apply Turmeric Face Masks
- You can use your fingers and apply turmeric to the dry, delicate skin, and massage it gently on your face for no less than 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it overnight on your face.
- Turmeric will dry and turn out to be firm like a cover. This will reduce the size acne inflammation.
- Wash and dried paste in the morning with soap and towel. You can use an old cloth to clean your face to avoid turmeric stain on your clothes.
- Turmeric will also leave a yellowish color on the skin.
- To clear this, wipe these areas with a cotton wool dipped in a few drops of a facial toner
2. Turmeric face mask for acne (Rice Flour with Turmeric #1 )
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 teaspoon of yogurt
- 2 teaspoon of rice flour
- Mix these 3 ingredients together until it turned to thick paste and apply it to your face.
- You can leave this on your face for 15-20 minutes for effective work
3. Turmeric face mask for acne (Oatmeal and Turmeric #2)
- Add 1 tablespoon each of oatmeal flour and lentil powder and half teaspoon turmeric.
- Blend these in water, make a smooth paste and apply on the skin.
- Leave for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- This will leave your skin dry and smooth.
4. Turmeric and Olive oil (Turmeric face mask for acne #3)
5. Honey and Turmeric for Acne Treatment ( Turmeric face mask for acne #4)
This is presumably the least demanding and the most ordinarily used at home for acne treatment. Everything you need is turmeric and water.
- You can apply this paste to the acne-areas and leave it for some time this will prevent the acne from growing further and cure it quickly.
- Apply this routinely to get best results.
- You can also use water with honey as honey has germicide properties.
6. Turmeric and Sandalwood Paste (Turmeric face mask for acne #5)
This mix likewise works very well to cure acne.
Mix sandalwood powder and turmeric in the same quantity and make a paste using rose water.
Apply this to your acne.
- Leave this for around 15-20 minutes and afterward wash it off using tepid water.
- Likewise, you can also add neem powder to this paste rather than turmeric.
If you have used turmeric for acne treatment, do share your experience with us!
- How to Get Rid of Blackheads Fast at Home | 10 DIY Best Home Remedies
- DIY Best Essential Oils for Scars Treatment that Work Fast
- How to Get Rid of Age Spots on Face | 7 Home Remedies That Work Fast
- How to Get Rid of Cellulite on Back of Thighs and Bum Fast At Home
But before you leave let me share these two reviews with you about the using of turmeric for acne treatment. These was shared on www.acne.org/turmeric-reviews-1198/.
Here are what people say:
Hi- Just wanted to share my results with turmeric oil. I am a 48-year-old woman (yes, acne at 48!) and have battled clogged pores and small pimples all of my life. I too have tried almost everything from BP, antibiotics, salicylic acid. I’m also Spanish, so I have the olive skin tone which looks great in the summer but hangs on to extra melanin from acne breakouts forever! A few weeks ago, I started using organic apple cider vinegar with water, a few drops of lavender oil and frankincense oil.
Dilute the ACV with water at a ratio of 1:1, add the essential oils and keep in a small glass jar. I use this as a toner every night all over my face before bed. Yes, it smells bad but WOW is it worth it. The ACV keeps the ph balance of your skin in check. I then dab turmeric oil using a Qtip, on any pimples and dark spots. You probably won’t like the smells but this is why I do it before bed. My skin has drastically changed! Within 2 weeks, my skin was lighter and glowing. I’ve had so many compliments! Best of all, it’s fairly inexpensive!
You can also watch this video by MrJovitageorge to learn more;