DIY Face Mask for Acne – The largest organ in your body is your skin. Your skin is the first line of defense against infections. It acts as a barrier that is always ready and prepared to protect your body. However, the skin is susceptible to certain diseases such as Acne.
Acne is a skin disease of the hair follicle that appears on the face, back, chest and other areas where hair grows on your skin. And it can appear on skins as blackheads or whiteheads, pimples, bumps and cysts. Acne can be very uncomfortable and irritating. They can create permanent scars on your skin if they are not given the utmost attention.
Luckily, the ingredients to treat acne may have been in your kitchen cabinet all along. DIY acne treatments are easy and quick to create and do not involve you spending a lot of cash. Common foods and ingredients such as cucumbers, oatmeal, grapes etc can be mixed to make a DIY face mask for acne.
This is a list of the best face mask for acne that will help you clear the disease. We have also included the recipes and directions on how to use each solution.
DIY Face Mask for Acne Scars and Blackheads
Though there are several ways to combat acne including undergoing cosmetics procedures. But the easiest and natural way is the DIY face mask for acne prepared using natural food ingredients. These treatments clean existing pimples while sopping up excess oil and dirt to prevent future ones from forming. They also help to prevent acne scars from forming on your skin. Read on for 7 of our favorite acne-killing face masks.
1. Garlic Face Mask for Acne
Garlic is home to an antimicrobial agent called allicin, that is known to suppress bacteria and prevent their growth. The garlic face mask can help kill the acne-causing bacteria. Garlic is a magic herb that can also help to prevent acne scars. In addition, it possesses anti-inflammatory abilities that help to ease swelling, irritation, blackheads, and pain.
Garlic Face Mask Recipe
- Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
How to Apply
- Begin by mincing the garlic cloves in a bowl
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly
- Make 1 napkin out of a thin fabric of silk and fold it in half
- Pour the mixture into the napkin and start applying on affected areas
- Remove the napkin in fifteen minutes
- Use cool water to wash off your face.
2. Cucumber and Egg White Mask
Cucumber contains the astringent property which fights acne and lowers pain and redness. The egg white, on the other hand, contains albumin that functions as an antiviral agent to combat acne bacteria. This face mask can help you reduce inflammation and provide a cure for your acne.
Cucumber and Egg White Mask Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice
How to Apply
- Grate the cucumber and squeeze the juice from it.
- Whip the egg white and mix it with the cucumber juice.
- Apply this mask on your face and leave it to settle in for about 20 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse.
3. Pumpkin and Potato Mask for Acne
This is a fantastic DIY face mask for acne that helps to further nourish the skin with vitamins. It also helps to soothe inflammations and halts the growth of bacteria in the skin.
Potatoes are very effective at combating acne, according to the book “Alternative Cures: More than 1,000 of the Most Effective Natural Home Remedies”. Pumpkin seed oil is popular in India and is used to treat inflamed lesions on the skin caused by acne. It also contains linoleic and oleic acids which help to reduce swelling.
An additional benefit of this face mask is that it also helps in keeping your skin hydrated.
Pumpkin and Potato Mask Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of fresh potato juice
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin juice/ oil
How to Apply
- Mix the two juices together in a clean bowl
- Soak gauze in the mixture
- Apply on your face and let it sit in for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off afterward.
4. Cinnamon and Honey Mask for Acne
Cinnamon contains natural anti-microbial that targets and kills bacteria.
Honey, on the other hand, is popular and known to have anti-microbial and antibiotic properties which can kill germs responsible for acne. It is also known to have wound-healing properties.
The combination of honey and cinnamon can help to combat acne efficiently.
Cinnamon and Honey Mask for Acne Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
How to Apply
- Begin by rinsing your face and patting your skin dry
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly in a clean bowl
- Afterwards, apply on your face and let it settle in for about 10-15 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly and pat your skin dry
5. Baking Soda Face Mask for Acne
Also known as Sodium Bicarbonate, baking soda is an integral member of most kitchen cabinet in every home. Due to its mild antiseptic properties, baking soda can combat fungus and bacteria contributing to acne. It targets the source of the infection and destroys it. Baking soda also helps in drying up excess oil and eliminates dead skin cells.
Baking Soda Face Mask Recipe
- Baking Soda
How to Apply
- Mix water and baking soda in equal amounts in a clean bowl.
- Mix thoroughly until you create a thick paste.
- Massage onto your skin for two minutes in a circular motion.
- Allow it to settle in for about 15-20 minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse thoroughly and pat your skin dry.
6. Aloe Vera and Honey Face Mask for Acne
Aloe Vera is widely known for its numerous health benefit. According to the research, application of aloe vera has been proven to reduce facial acne significantly,
The famous plant also helps to ease redness and reduce inflammation.
Honey, on the other hand, is a natural antibacterial agent which helps to destroy the bacteria living on the skin.
Aloe Vera and Honey Face Mask Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons of honey
How to Use
- Mix the honey and aloe vera gel thoroughly in a bowl.
- You can use your fingertips or cotton ball to apply the mask to your face.
- Leave it on and allow it settle in for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat your skin dry.
7. DIY Tea Tree Oil and Honey Face Mask
The tea tree oil and honey face mask for acne are one of the best ways to remove excess oil from the skin. It also effective in treating acne effectively and naturally. Thanks to its antifungal and antimicrobial agents, tea tree oil can be used in many ways to combat various skin diseases including acne. Below are the ingredients and directions to make this acne-killing face mask;
Tea Tree Oil and Honey Face Mask Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
- ½ lemon
How to Apply
- Whisk the egg whites until they create stiff peaks.
- Add the juice of the lemon and tea tree oil to it and mix thoroughly until a mask is formed
- Apply this mask to your face and allow it dry naturally.
- Use cool water to wash the mask off and pat skin dry.
What you put into your body is just as important as what you wear on it. You must be aware of what you eat. Stay away from foods that are processed, contains chemicals, toxins, and gluten especially for those that are sensitive to it. Also, always clean your pillowcase and bedsheet. Excessive contact with dirty bedding can cause harm to your gentle skin.
Finally, you should find a DIY face mask for acne that works best for you. Some skin types can react with certain mixtures. It is recommended to use the face masks 2-3 times weekly.
We will love to hear from you
What is your best DIY face mask for acne? Have you tried these home remedies for acne before? Please, share your feedback in the comment box below. Thanks!