Ever wondered how to remove skin tags? Skin tags are small growths of skin that appear in various parts of your body, due to friction, excessive body weight, or even due to genetic issues, it can also cause by insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
In other words, you can inherit this problem if someone in your family has it. They look similar to warts, although they are not that rigid at all.
Before panicking, you should know that skin tags are harmless and will not put your state of health in danger. However, many people are looking to get rid of skin tags, because they can grow to be uncomfortable and they are also considered as unaesthetic and unwanted.
What causes skin tags?
Skin tags are caused by groups of collagen and veins which are caught inside thicker bits of skin.
How to Remove Skin Tags: Home Remedies and Causes of Skin Tags
So, if you want to learn how to remove skin tags safe and easy at home, just take a look at the following home remedies.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin Tags
Skin tag removal by apple cider vinegar is extremely safe and efficient, because this substance is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, so it will help you solve the issue of skin tags without the risk of triggering an infection.
How to Apply It
- Before applying the apple cider vinegar, you should wash the skin area with the skin tag and dry it.
- Then take a cotton ball, soak it in apple cider vinegar, and apply it on the desired skin bump.
- Hold the cotton ball in place or secure it with something for about 15 minutes before removing it. You will have to do this 3 times per day until the skin tag will start getting darker, drying out and falling down eventually.
- Just do remember not to use apple cider vinegar to remove skin tags around the eyes or skin tag on labia, because the substance is rather acidic and may provoke serious irritations(1).
- Apple Cider Vinegar Diet
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Fast Weight Loss and Benefits
- How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Drink at Home for Weight Loss
2. Coconut Oil for Skin Tags
This is one of the best skin tags removal oils.Coconut oil has so many benefits for your skin and hair, so you will definitely need to put this on your list of must-have natural skin and hair care products. If you are wondering how to remove skin tags gently, the coconut oil is a great solution.
Besides being extremely nourishing, coconut oil is also a potent anti-microbial substance, making sure that all sorts of unwanted bacteria and viruses do not linger on your skin.
How to Apply it
- All you need to do is to rub coconut oil on your skin tags at night, before going to bed, and leave it there to act overnight.
- You should do this every night until the skin tag diminishes or disappears completely. Just do have patience, because depending on the size of your skin tags.
- It may take up to several weeks to get the desired result.
You can also try this effective SkinPro Skin Tag Remover & Mole Corrector for permanent skin tags removal.
3. Garlic for Skin Tags
This solution may be stinky, but it is definitely very effective. Everybody should have garlic around the house, for its nutritional values and for the fact that it can remove both skin tags and warts in a very short time.
Garlic gloves have a wide set of amazing properties, being anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral as well, so you have more than one reason to use it. With the help of the juice released by crushed garlic cloves, your skin tags will be gone in a few weeks.
If you wish to know how to remove skin tags with garlic, do know that you can easily treat a skin tag underarm, by crushing a few garlic cloves, and soaking a cotton ball in the resulted juice.
How to Apply it
- Apply the cotton ball on the skin tag and use a bandage to cover it.
- Keep it on the skin tag throughout the entire night. In the morning remove the cotton ball and consider taking a shower, to get rid of the bad odor.
- The treatment will have to be repeated for 2 nights, before having a 2-night break, to avoid getting skin irritations.
- If your skin is a bit more sensitive, you can alternate garlic with a more soothing oil, like coconut oil or vitamin E oil.
4. Oregano Oil for Skin Tags
Besides having a pleasant scent, oregano oil is great for removing skin tags, being also safe for your skin.
How to remove skin tags with this type of oil?
You should use carrier oil for this treatment, like sweet almond oil or jojoba oil.You will have to dilute the oregano oil in any of these carrier oils before applying it on your skin.
It is worth knowing that you can easily prepare oregano oil at home, by placing fresh oregano in a bottle of olive oil and allowing it to infuse for a couple of weeks.
How to Apply it
- The oregano oil mixes with the carrier oil should be applied on the skin tag three times a day.
- Allowing the area to dry out completely before covering it with clothing or even with a bandage.
- Repeating this treatment will eventually dry the skin tag our and make it fall.