Best Homemade Moisturizers for Dry Skin – Moisturizers help the skin from getting too dry. It does this by retaining water in the outermost layer of the skin. Using a moisturizer for dry skin has several benefits.
- Hydrates the skin
- Acts as a natural skin barrier.
- Helps to look and feel younger
- Maintains softer and more elastic skin
- Treatment of dry skin
- Improves the skin tone and texture
- Masks imperfections
There has been a global frenzy to using natural products to avoid all the side effects that come as a result of using chemical-based products. Natural products are preferred because they are in minerals.
7 Best Homemade Moisturizers for Dry Skin Recipes
Here are some of the natural ways one can use as a moisturizer for dry skin:
Aside from all the health benefits milk has on the human body, it works as beauty supplement too. Raw milk is rich in nutrients and nourishes deeper skin layers. It contains lactic acid which conditions and moisturizes the skin.
- Raw Milk
- Lukewarm water
How to make milk moisturizer
- Add 2/3rd teaspoon of gram flour to milk and mix
- Add honey and water to the mixture
- Rub on the face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice every day.
Yoghurt is known to contain several nutrients that rejuvenate the skin.
Zinc – it is known for its inflammatory properties. It helps in regulating sebum, therefore, curing acne.
Calcium – majority of the skin epidermis contains calcium which helps in skin rejuvenation
B vitamins – single cup contains riboflavin found in vitamin b. Riboflavin keeps the skin hydrated, protects the skin cells from the damage caused by environmental elements, and aids in cell regeneration.
Lactic acid– It is an excellent skin exfoliate and moisturizer. It also works as an anti-aging agent by reducing the visibility of wrinkles and preventing new wrinkles as well as fine lines from forming.
- Lemon juice
How to make yogurt moisturizer
- Take some yogurt and apply it directly to your arms, face, and legs.
- Let it sit on your skin for 10 minutes.
- Take a shower.
- Do it once daily to get the best result
- Mix 3 tablespoons of papaya with a cup of yogurt.
- Stir in some drops of lemon juice and honey.
- Apply it on the skin, leave for 10 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Repeat it once every week.
Honey is an effective moisturizer for dry skin due to its humectants and antioxidant properties. These properties make the skin smooth, soft. They also supply the necessary minerals and vitamins to improve skin texture and make the skin glow more.
How to make honey moisturizer
- Take honey and apply to the body
- Leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash it off.
- Repeat the process every day for maximum results.
- Prepare the same amount of olive oil, beeswax, and honey.
- Melt the beeswax
- Mix it with honey and olive oil.
- Apply the mixture to your body and take a bath
- Repeat daily.
4. Avocado Moisturizer
The avocado contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents that help the skin to stay smooth. It has high levels of vitamin A that repair and improves your skin. It also has essential fatty acids hence can be used as a moisturizer for dry skin:
How to make avocado moisturizer
- Blend avocado smoothly.
- Rub the paste on the dry skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and wash
- Do this once every day.
- Mash avocado with some pure honey.
- Mix and apply the mixture to the skin
- Leave it for 15 minutes then washing off with water.
- Apply the paste once or twice per week.
5. Aloe Vera Moisturizer
Aloe Vera is known for its use in skin nourishment. It has been used as a traditional skin moisturizer since the 16th century to date. Follow this method for good results.
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera extra
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera
- Apply the gel to the skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do it twice daily.
- Mix coconut oil and aloe vera gel as a homemade moisturizer for dry skin
- Place the mixture on the dry skin and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash with water.
Papaya is known for skin care because it contains an enzyme called papain that is responsible for skin whitening, reducing unwanted hair, exfoliating dead skin and repairing aging skin.
This papain enzyme is present in maximum concentration under the peel of unripe papaya. The pulp of ripe papaya fruit provides hydration and nutrition to the skin. Use the pulp as a moisturizer for dry skin. Here is how to use papaya for healing dry skin.
- Blend avocado and a half ripe papaya.
- Mix them well and apply on dry skin for 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Apply the paste twice every week
- Take a teaspoon of oatmeal powder, a teaspoon of honey, mashed ripe papaya, cooked peach, and three teaspoons of mashed strawberry.
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Apply the mixture to the dry skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
Read Next :
- 7 Most Effective Essential Oils for Acne or Pimple
- Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Skin and Hair at Home
- 11 Best Way on How to Get Rid of Liver Spots Naturally at Home
- Home Remedies For Age Spots and Wrinkles Removal
Turmeric is an excellent skin exfoliator. It’s used to moisturize dry skin because of its health benefits and anti-inflammatory properties. How to use it as a moisturizer:
- Turmeric powder
- Cream milk
- Lemon juice
How to make honey moisturizer
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder, milk cream, and lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture well, rub it on the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Massage it and wash off with warm water.
All these natural methods have proven to be effective remedies for treating and moisturizing dry skin. Ensure that you clean your face before using any of those methods.