So to get arthritis cure, that is when essential oils come into play. Essential oils are notable for their significant benefits as alternative health remedies. That is why I compiled the list of most effective essential oils for arthritis and pain relief.But let’s talk about symptoms and causes of arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
- Joint pain
- Joint redness
- Joint warmth
- Loss of joint range of motion
- Joint tenderness
- Joint swelling
- Loss of joint function
Causes of Arthritis
- Inheritance e.g osteoarthritis.
- Infections – this includes but not limited to arthritis of Lyme disease.
- Abnormal metabolism – leading to gout and pseudogout.
- Immune system dysfunction
7 Effective Essential oils for Arthritis and Pain Relief
1. Clover oil for Arthritis and Pain relief
How to apply it
- You can apply clove oil to affected area by mixing 8 drops of clove oil in few ounce of Jojoba or almond or any carrier oil for effective usage.
- Make sure you mix it with a carrier oil to avoid skin irritation.
2. Olive oil for Arthritis
This one of the common and effective essential oils for arthritis.Even grandma do use it because of general health benefits.Olive oil health benefits are enormous and you can easily find in your local store.
I love it too, in fact, most of the time I use it to cook for my family. It mitigates arthritis and muscle inflammation. It contains a compound known as oleocanthal which fights against inflammatory enzymes (COX-1 and COX-2) in the body system that may be stimulated by arthritis drugs that you are taking.
How to apply it
- Apply 1 -2 drops of olive oil to the swollen join 2- 3 times a day.
- Massage it very well, but gently because you would not want to increase the pressure too much in the affected area.
- It works better in the night because that is when you will be able to rest and sleep very well.
- In fact, sometimes I drink 1-2 teaspoonful.
- So suggest you can take it too, but make sure that you do not take another other fatty food because it has high-calorie content.
3. Peppermint Eucalyptus Oil Mixed
Peppermint and Eucalyptus are both effective cure for joint pain, arthritis. If you are having acute pain in your join you can try it. One of my friends has used this before when she was having pain in her hands.
It worked well for her. The cool things about Peppermint and Eucalyptus oils are that they reduce the circulatory pressure and provide cool feeling in the affected area, thereby ease arthritis pain.
How to apply it.
- Mix 4 – 7 drops eucalyptus and peppermint oil in 2- 3 teaspoonfuls of carrier oil (jojoba or grape seed oil or olive oil) in a small container /bottle.
- Mix them very well to have a perfect blend.
- Apply this mixture gently on your affected joint when they ache to have arthritis relief.
4. Rosemary oil
Rosemary oil is of the best essential oils for arthritis.Although many people use rosemary plant for decoration not knowing that it has great health benefits in it.
Well, using it as decorative purpose has its own good too, it serves as pest propellant. While rosemary oil can be used for arthritis cure, because its oil has anti-inflammatory and anti- pain attributes and also boost your circulatory system.
Must Read : Back Pain: 10 Effective Natural Remedies
How to apply it
- Add 2-4 teaspoonful of rosemary oil in a dark bottle of about 4 ounces of carrier oils e.g olive oil or almond or jojoba oil.
- Mix it very well and apply it into affected area of arthritis pain for a smooth relief.
5. Black pepper oil
Black pepper essential oil is loaded with health benefits, its soothing and warm properties make it ideal for the arthritis cure.
Apply black pepper oil where your muscle is inflamed and aches anytime. You will feel a cool sensation and be relieved.
6. Menthol oil
Menthol oil has aesthetic, anti-inflammatory, and calming effect.It can be used as a natural application for muscular aches and pains, strain, poor circulation, and arthritis.
You can combine /mix it with other essential oils or use it only. If you want to see a good result and increase its potency, I suggest you combine it with basil oil or yarrow oil. Get your menthol oil here on amazon
How to apply it
- Mix menthol with yarrow or basil oil to increase its potency and rub it gently where you have inflamed muscle or pain
7. Spruce essential oils for rheumatoid arthritis
Spruce oil is very effective in treating arthritis because it has elevating and calming effect on the skin. It’s mostly used to mitigate poor breathing condition of lung, bronchitis, asthma, and coughs. It relieving effect cannot be over-emphasized in arthritis.
If you have used any other essential oils for arthritis or pain, apart from the one I listed above and it worked.Please, feel free to share it with us at the comment space below.
Have fun and stay Healthy!
Do not forget to share this post.