DIY Colon Cleanse And Detox Recipe –The colon is the part of your digestive system responsible for extracting salt, water, nutrients and vitamins from indigestible food. It is that part of your body that processes foods that are not digested in your small intestine. The colon also helps to eliminate harmful toxins and solid waste from your body.
Sometimes, your colon might not function the proper way by absorbing harmful toxins instead of getting rid of them. This can lead to problems (auto-intoxication) like:
- Excess weight gain
- Stomach pain
- low energy
- Poor memory
- Recurring bladder or vaginal infection
- Skin rashes
Most of these problems occur as a result of indigestion. Undigested foods usually lead to mucus build up in your colon, thereby producing toxins that are harmful to your body, this process is called auto-intoxication. As seen above, an unhealthy colon leads to excess weight gain.
However, cleansing your colon can help eliminate harmful toxins and promote weight loss. It also improves the rate at which your body absorbs nutrients and vitamins and your overall health.
In order to burn that excess weight, you need a healthy colon. There are a couple of treatments available for cleansing your colon. However, I recommend the use of natural homemade colon cleanse.
Here are 10 DIY colon cleanse and detox recipe for weight loss. Consult your doctor before using any of these natural remedies, especially if you are suffering from any heart disease or other health problems.
1. Lemon and Cayenne Pepper for Colon Cleansing
Lemon juice, as well as cayenne pepper, is a great DIY colon cleanse and detox recipe for you. It detoxifies your colon while cayenne pepper helps to break down the mucus in it. Lemon also allows your digestive system to function better. This is due to its antioxidant property and its richness in vitamin C. A healthy digestive system is important for weight loss because it allows your body get enough nutrients needed to burn fat.
Cayenne pepper also aids weight loss. The capsaicin present in it helps you burn excess fat by boosting your body’s metabolism. Just like lemon, it also aids digestion and helps to suppress excess appetite that may lead to weight gain (1).
- ½ tablespoon of Cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons of Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 8 ounces of lukewarm water
- ½ tablespoon of organic maple syrup
- Pour all the ingredients into a cup and stir them well.
- Drink this mixture before eating any meal once every week.
2. Ginger Juice for Detox
Ginger is an easily available recipe that helps to reduce bloating which is a symptom of excess weight. It also stimulates the proper functioning of your colon. Ginger helps to get rid of harmful toxins and waste from your colon. It also aids digestion by secreting digestive juices.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger juice
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cups of hot water
- Add 1 tablespoon of ginger juice and ¼ cup of lemon juice to 2 cups of water. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of honey for a better taste.
- Stir well.
- Drink this mixture 3 times in a day for a few days.
- Alternatively, you can add ginger to a cup of herbal tea and drink.
Note that ginger is harmful to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
3. Flaxseed as Antioxidants for Colon Cleansing
The antioxidants, natural fibers and omega-3 fatty acids present in flaxseed make it a good recipe for cleansing your colon. Flaxseeds help to get rid of mucus and harmful toxins in your colon. This DIY colon cleanses and detox recipe also prevents a lot of diseases like diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc. It also aids weight loss.
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup of water
- Pour 1 tablespoon of already ground flaxseeds into a cup of water.
- Stir well.
- Drink this mixture 30 minutes before going to bed at night and 30 minutes before you have breakfast.
- You can also add the ground flaxseeds to your vegetable salads, yogurt, cereals and other healthy foods, for consumption.
4. Sea Salt Detox
Another DIY colon cleanse and detox recipe for weight loss is sea salt. This is due to its detoxifying property.
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of water
- Pour 1 tablespoon of sea salt into a cup of water and boil.
- Leave to cool
- Drink this mixture cold or warm first thing every morning.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, lie down and gently massage your colon area.
This helps in stimulating your bowel movement and gets rid of harmful toxins from your digestive tract and colon.
Drink a lot of water and 100% natural fruit juice throughout the day. This is because this recipe can cause diarrhea.
Note If you are suffering from high blood pressure or any other heart diseases, avoid sea salt
4. Yogurt Boost Gut Bacterial
Regular consumption of fresh yogurt helps to keep your colon healthy. Yogurt is home to good bacteria and probiotics which aid proper digestion. It also helps to treat irregular bowel movement and other stomach-related problems.
- Fresh fruits
- Consume a cup of fresh yogurt 2-3 times in a day.
- For a different taste, you can eat it with fresh fruits like berries bananas, apples, etc.
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Month Naturally &; Healthy Weight Loss Plan
- 15 Things You Must Do If You Want to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks and Keep It Off
- DIY Body Wraps for Weight Loss, Detox and Getting Rid of Cellulite
- Apple Cider Vinegar Diet and Weight Loss Reviews
5. Aloe Vera Gel Colon Detox
The laxative and detoxification properties of Aloe Vera make it a reliable DIY colon cleanse and detox recipe for weight loss. Aloe Vera not only cleanses your colon but is also useful for treating constipation, diarrhea, skin infections, gastric pain, etc (3).
- Aloe Vera gel
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- A blender
- Add aloe vera gel from 1 aloe vera leaf and the lemon juice to a blender.
- Blend and place the mixture in a refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Drink several times throughout the day.
- Repeat this remedy regularly.
6. Water for Colon Cleansing
Drinking water regularly helps to cleanse your colon and ensures it functions normally. Water detoxifies your body and keeps you hydrated. It also boosts metabolism and aids digestion. Of course, regular consumption of water aids weight loss.
- Drink at least 11-15 cups of water every day.
- Apart from water, you can also drink vegetable juice or fruit juice.
7. Colon Cleanse with Raw Vegetable Juices
Avoid cooked and processed food for a couple of days in order to properly cleanse your colon. Instead of your regular foods, drink raw vegetable juice several times in a day. The enzymes, amino acids, minerals and vitamins present in vegetables will help detoxify your body and keep you energized.
- Raw veggies like parsley, beetroots, broccoli, kale, celery, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach, cabbage, carrots, etc
- A blender
- Extract juice from any of the raw vegetables of your choice.
- You get the juice by blending the vegetable.
- Drink this healthy vegetable juice several times in a day.
- Ready-made vegetable juices are not as effective as homemade ones.
8. Fresh Apple Juice Detox Drink
Personally, I feel this is the best DIY colon cleanse and detox recipe for weight loss. Regular consumption of apple juice stimulates proper bowel movements and improves the healthy functioning your digestive system and liver. It also helps to detoxify your body.
Packed with various nutrients and vitamins, the health benefits of apples are almost uncountable. Begin your weight loss journey by starting your day with a cup of apple juice.
- Apple juice from 2-3 apples
- A blender or juicer
- Extract the apple juice from the apples using a juicer or blender.
- Drink a cup of the apple juice.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Then drink a cup of water.
- Repeat several times every day for about 3 days.
- You can also use organic apple juice or apple in any form.
- Stay away from solid foods when you are using this remedy.
- How to Get Rid of Loose Skin after Weight Loss Naturally and Permanently
- Weight Loss Soup Recipes and 9 Rapid Weight Loss Diet That Work
- Horseradish Sauce with Sour Cream for Weight Loss Recipe
- Master The Art of Using Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss With These Simple Tips
10. Fiber-rich Foods
Eating fiber-rich foods helps to cleanse your colon and rid it of harmful toxins. Fiber softens your stools and improves bowel movement. Foods rich in fiber also help to treat all sorts of intestinal problems.
- Fresh fruits like apples, pears, raspberries, etc
- Fresh vegetables like broccoli and peas
- Cereals, seeds, beans, nuts and whole grains
- Add the following foods to your diet.
- Fresh fruits like apples, pears, raspberries, etc.
- Fresh vegetables like broccoli and peas.
- Cereals, seeds, beans, nuts and whole grains
- You can use any of them in their supplement form.
A healthy colon is important for weight loss and your overall health. Try one or more of these 10 DIY colon cleanse and detox recipe to lose weight and stay healthy.