How to get a smaller waist – A smaller waist, bigger hips, and a flat stomach is possible with a combination of some exercises and healthy eating habits. Though it may be difficult achieving these 3 goals at the same time, with enough hard work and dedication to these exercises for a smaller waist, it can be done.
You might have once had a flat stomach and a smaller waist at one point in your life. However, as you grow, stress and a bad eating habit might have taken their toll and changed your body structure so much. Do not lose hope as all is not yet lost.
There are many exercises that work your core, hips, and waist at the same time. Complementing your diet with the right kinds of exercises for smaller waist will help you achieve this goal.
You may have come across several articles on the internet that promises to help you achieve a slim waist. The simple fact that you are reading this now means that either those exercises have not worked or you are searching for how to do it right.
Either way, be rest assured as we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best exercises for a smaller waist, bigger hips, and a flat stomach. Each workout contains a detailed guide on how to best do it to get the best result possible. Below are ways on how to get a smaller waist
The Best Exercises for Smaller Waist, Bigger Hips, and Flat Stomach
1. Goblet Squats Exercise for Smaller Waist
The goblet squat is a strength training exercise and is also one of the best exercises for a smaller waist. In addition, it helps to form your hips and ensures that your stomach is adequately worked. This skinny waist workout is done using the kettlebell, hence the other name it is called, the kettlebell squat. Below is an instruction on how to perform the goblet squat.
- Begin by standing and holding a kettlebell by the horns just close to your chest.
- Now squat down until you feel your hamstrings on your calves.
- Make sure you keep your head and chest up with your back straight.
- When you get to the bottom position, pause for a brief moment, and then use your elbows to push out your knees.
- Return to the starting position to make one rep. You can do about 10-20 reps.
2. Bicycle Crunches
The bicycle crunch is one of the most popular exercises for a smaller waist. It is made up of two workouts – an ab burn and a cardio hit. It is a very healthy and effective exercise as the alternating knee raise and torso twist will get your heart pumping faster. This exercise works the entire abdominal wall to fire up your abs and keeping you in great shape. Follow the instructions below to perform the bicycle crunch.
- Begin by lying with your face up and your knees and hips bent at a 90 degree.
- Ensure your legs are parallel to the ground.
- Put your fingers beside your forehead.
- Now bring those shoulders off the floor and hold them up.
- Then twist your upper body to the right and at the same time, pull in your right knee as fast as you possibly can. Your right knee should touch your left elbow.
- You must also stretch out your left leg at the same time.
- Now return to the starting position and repeat this movement on the other side to complete one rep.
- You can do 3 sets of 20 reps.
3. Side Planks for Hourglass
Only a handful of workouts are as good as the side planks. This is a very good exercise that ensures you maintain your feminine hourglass shape. Side plank makes sure you get a strengthened and streamlined oblique without resulting in a muscled look. The lateral muscles of your core will definitely be happy with this exercise. No equipment is needed in performing the side plank.
- Begin by lying on your side and make sure your knees and bent. You must also ensure you prop your upper body on your elbow.
- Now raise your hips off the ground and hold position for about 6 seconds.
- Now rest for about 10 seconds.
- Repeat this movement for about 3-5 times.
4. Planks Exercise for Flat Stomach
You must have definitely heard about this great exercise. Planks are arguably one of the best exercises for a smaller waist and also flat stomach. This exercise is popular for working your core. Despite how popular it has become over the years, many people still perform them wrongly.
No equipment is needed in performing this workout. Follow the instructions below to learn the right way on how to perform planks.
- Begin by lying with your face looking down and your legs stretched out.
- Your elbows should be bent and directly under your shoulders.
- Now clasp your hands and bring your feet hip-width apart and your elbows shoulder-width apart.
- Contract your abs and tuck your toes to bring up your body. Make sure your forearms remain on the ground.
- Also, ensure your body forms a straight line right from your head to your heels.
- Hold the position for about 60 seconds or until you feel exhausted.
5. Hip Thrusts Exercise for Bigger Hips
The hip thrust exercise is just perfect for the females. It is a very effective waist shaping workout and also one of the best exercises for a smaller waist. This exercise targets your glutes and the lower back muscles. It gives strength to your muscles and helps your glutes take shape. If you want to improve your curves and make your waist smaller, then the hip thrust workout is for you.
- Begin by lying down on your back and also make sure your knees are bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Relax your neck and press your lower back into the floor.
- Place your arms at your sides and ensure your fingers point towards your lower body.
- Now bring your hips up, as high as you possibly can. Your feet and shoulders must also remain on the floor.
- Try to make the distance between your shoulders and knee form a straight line.
- As you thrust your hips up, make sure you also squeeze your butt cheeks together.
- Now lower your hips and return to starting position.
- If you are a beginner, you can start with 12 thrusts in a row. You can increase the number as you get accustomed to it.
6. Kneeling Squat
The kneeling squat is one of the best butt and waist exercises out there. This variation of the squat exercise works your glutes, hamstrings and also the quadriceps. If you’ve been searching for that exercise to work your glutes effectively, then the kneeling squat is the answer.]
The kneeling position restricts your hamstrings and also forces the glutes muscles to do more work. Follow the instructions below to perform the kneeling squat.
- Begin by assuming a kneeling position with your knees at shoulder-width apart and your feet also straight behind the knees.
- Keep your back and spine in a neutral position by engaging your core and make sure your torso is tight and upright.
- Activate the glutes and slowly sit back towards your heels. Ensure you do not lose control while doing this.
- Now contract your glute to push up and slowly return to the starting position to make one rep.
- You can do 3 set of 10 reps.
7. Cardio Exercises
Yes, you heard that right. Cardio exercises are also very effective and also one of the best exercises for smaller waist that you can perform. Exercises such as stair climbing and hill walking will target your ab and hips. You can do 150 minutes of these exercises per week. This is sure to boost your hips and also give you a reduced waistline. Make sure you exercise weekly and you can increase the pace at which you go as the weeks go by.
8. Side Leg Lift
This is a beginner level exercise that helps to strengthen and build muscles surrounding the hips. The side leg lifts make your hips look larger. It also works your abdominal muscle, thereby helping you to get a flat stomach. Follow the instructions below to perform one of the best exercises for smaller waist.
- Begin by lying on your right side with your right arm bent.
- Rest your head on this bent arm and also extend your left arm. Make sure you also rest your left arm on the left leg, with the legs stacked on top of one another.
- Raise your left leg to assume a 45-degree angle and then lower back down,
- Repeat this movement for about 10 times to make one rep and take a few seconds break.
- Go again on the second leg and do 12 reps on each leg.
9. Side Lunge
The side lunge is a lower-body exercise that can help you achieve a streamlined waistline and bigger hips. This exercise works your glutes, hamstrings, and abs to give you your desired body structure. It is also a strength training exercise that is performed using the dumbbells.
- Begin by holding a dumbbell in each hand and also make sure your arms are fully extended.
- Push out your chest and take a large step to your side while pushing back your hips. You should also bend the knee of the lead leg at the same time.
- Now lunge and bend forward at your hips and reach those dumbbells on the sides of your lead leg. Make sure your lower back is prevented from rounding.
- Then bend the other knee and shift the weight onto both your legs and reach for the dumbbells straight down at the same time.
- Straighten that former lead leg and shift your weight to the other side while you lunge. Place the dumbbells on both sides of that leg.
- Push off the lead leg and bring your feet closer together to return to the starting position.
- You can continue with this workout until you feel exhausted.
10. Vertical Hip Lifts
The vertical hip lift is a powerful exercise and also one of the best exercises for smaller waist, bigger hips, and a flat stomach. This workout requires a flexibility in your hamstrings and hips and you will definitely be happy doing this. Follow the instruction below to perform the vertical hip lifts
- Begin by lying on the floor with your back and assuming an L shape position.
- Raise up your legs until you bring your feet directly above your hips.
- Now bring your hips off the floor by further elevating your feet towards the ceiling.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for about 15 times.
- How to Get a Flat Stomach in a Week Fast and Maintain It
- How to Get Rid of Lower Belly Fat Fast-Lower Belly Workout &Healthy Diets
- 7 Best Abs Exercises to Get a Six Pack Ab in a Month
- Body Fat Percentage Chart-How to Measure Body Fat Accurately at Home
Most women wish they could have a trim waist, bigger hips, and a flat stomach. These 3 things though difficult, are entirely possible. All you need is a dedication to the above best waist slimmer exercises. These workouts will help you to overcome the headache of how to get a smaller waist and also a bigger hip.
You must also remember that workout for hips and waist is never enough to get a tiny waistline, bigger hips, and a flat stomach. The foods you consume will lay the foundation for the kind of body structure you will end up with. Incorporate healthy diets into your daily eating routine and you’ll be shocked how much more effective these trim waist workouts will be.