Best Triceps Exercises for Women to Tone, Trim and Lose Arm Flabby Fat –Triceps are major muscles of the upper body which are useful for the movement of the arm. The triceps play a crucial role in ensuring that our shoulders are well-balanced.
Arm flabbiness is a result of excess fat which results from changes that occur with age. Hormonal changes as one grow older cause a reduction in metabolic rate which means that one loses fewer calories during the day. More so, lack of exercise brings about an extensive risk of weight gain.
There are ways to combat and tighten flabby arms. However, you must have a strong determination to engage in regular exercise routine that we will discuss in this article. There is a popular misconception that training your arms will make one muscular like men. I am glad to announce to you that this belief is quite wrong. Men produce a lot more testosterone than women, which drives muscle growth.
Benefits of Triceps Exercises for Women
- Doing triceps workouts on a regular basis increases your strength, hence, boosting the immune system.
- Regular stretching of the muscles involved in triceps exercises will protect your entire torso against injury.
- In addition, flexibility, posture, and joint mobility improve greatly.
- Moreover, strengthening your triceps will help you look great in sleeveless styles and may also give a significant boost to your overall metabolism.
Now that you know the benefits of triceps exercises for women to tone and trim arm flab, see some of these exercises below:
Best Triceps Exercises for Women to Tone, Trim and Lose Flabby Arm Fat
This is one of the triceps exercises for women that require the use of a dumbbell. A dumbbell is a gymnastic apparatus consisting of two wooden or metal balls connected by a short bar serving as a handle, used as a weight for exercising. There are different kinds of dumbbells exercises, however, we will list only three that will help you tone and lose flabby arm fat.
- Two-Arms Triceps Extension
- For this exercise, you need to stand on your feet.
- Hold one dumbbell with your two hands at the back of your head.
- Ensure that your upper arms are pointing straight up.
- Raise the dumbbell up by curling your elbows.
- Slowly lower it back after a slight pause.
- Make sure your upper arms should remain still throughout.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
- One-Arm Triceps Extension
- While standing upholds one dumbbell with one hand behind your head.
- Place your elbow at a 90-degree angle.
- Straighten up your upper arm.
- Raise the dumbbell with one hand.
- Do this until your arm is close to being fully extended.
- Lower it back slowly after a short pause.
- Change to the other arm after a set.
- While doing this exercise, keep your upper arm still.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
Seated Triceps Extension
- You need to sit down to perform this exercise.
- While sitting, hold one dumbbell with your two hands behind your head.
- Place your elbows at a 90-degree angle with your upper arms straighten up.
- Raise the dumbbell with your two hands.
- Do this until your arms are close to a strain.
- Slowly lower it back to the default position after a while.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
- While performing this exercise, ensure that your upper arms are still.
Push-up is a great triceps exercise for women. It can tone and trim arm flab caused by excess fat.
- If you are new to push-up, start out in front of a mirror to check your body alignment.
- With the support of your hands, lie down facing the floor while keeping your back straight.
- Make sure you relax your shoulders and neck.
- Also, tighten your core.
- With the help of your hands, press down and lift your back up.
- Ensure that you use your triceps to execute this push-up.
- Repeat for about 15-20 times.
3. TRICEP DIP
This exercise is one of the suitable triceps exercises for women.
- Grab a chair and sit on it.
- Keep a firm hold of the edge of the seat with your two hands.
- Stretch your legs so that they are in front of you.
- Place your body in a forward position so that your feet are flat.
- Also, bend your hands behind you so that they are holding you up.
- Make sure that you extend your body above the ground.
- Raise and lower your body using your triceps slowly.
- You can repeat this for about 30 times.
4. ARM CIRCLES
This arm exercise targets your biceps, and shoulders particularly your triceps. It will reduce your arm flab and give it a fine tone. However, if you carry out this exercise efficiently, you should feel a slight pain in your shoulders. It means you are doing it well and this will improve flexibility and build the muscles around that area.
- Stand up straight with your feet flat on the ground.
- Extend your arms to the side 90-degrees to your body.
- Start by moving your arms forward in a small, fast circle.
- Repeat this motion many times and then reverse the motion.
- Repeat several times.
- If your arms are getting weak, take a short break.
- Continue for about 3 more times.
You can also perform this exercise while sitting down. However, if you need to sit down, make sure your feet are flat on the ground and your back is straight.
Pull-up is a great exercise to your upper body and is efficient in reducing arm flabbiness. It is one of the most efficient triceps exercises for women if carried out properly. Pull-ups involve raising your body with your arms while pulling up against a horizontal bar fixed above your head.
As this happens, your wrists remain in a neutral (straight, neither extended nor flexed) position, your elbows flex and your shoulder extends to bring your elbows to or sometimes behind the torso. You may bend your knees by choice or if the bar is not high enough. Bending your knees or holding your legs out in front slightly may help to reduce swinging.
- Place your hands shoulder-width apart on a horizontal bar.
- Raise your body until your chin is just over the bar’s level.
- While doing this, ensure that your wrists remain in a neutral position.
- Ease your body back down.
- You can bend your knees if the horizontal bad is not high enough.
- This can also help to reduce swinging.
- If you are new to this exercise, repeat for about 5-10 times.
- The numbers will increase with time.
- Get someone to assist you if you have any difficulty in raising your body up to the horizontal
You cannot talk about triceps exercises for women without mentioning the plank exercise. Plank is a great triceps exercise for women particularly suitable to tone flabby arms.
- Place your body in a horizontal position to the ground with the support of your arms.
- Keep your body in this position for about 30 seconds or more.
- Ensure that your wrists in a neutral position and are directly under your shoulders.
- Also, you back should be in a straight line.
- Take a break and repeat few more times.
7. HANDSTANDS AND HEADSTANDS
This exercise is quite efficient and you should execute it with precautions. Get someone to assist or help you if you are new to this triceps exercise for women. In addition, do this exercise against the wall at first. Over time you will develop the strength and courage to carry out this exercise without the assistance of the wall
Headstands and handstands require proper upper-arm strength to keep the body in proper alignment and balance.
To get in the headstand position;
- Adopt a position where you bend your knees and thrust your upper body forward and down.
- Do this with the support of a wall
- Grasp tightly your hands together with your elbows shoulder-width apart.
- Position your head between your elbows.
- Gently move your legs up one at a time until they are both against the wall.
- Ensure that your head is off the ground with the help of your arms in an upward, lifting motion.
- Repeat this exercise few times.
- Place your hands on the ground shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure you are doing this in front of a wall.
- Look steadily and intently on the ground while lifting your legs off the ground.
- Keep your elbows straight by using your arm strength.