Every woman wants to have a nice and firm breast. Sadly, not everyone is able to maintain a perfectly shaped breast. As a result, many women have resulted to cosmetic procedures and exercises to lift sagging breasts.
Breast Sagging, also called ptosis, is a natural condition that occurs as a result of aging. However, the rate at which the breasts drops can be influenced by a number of factors. The following factors can influence sagging in a woman’s breast over the course of her lifetime;
Causes of Sagging Breast
- Smoking Cigarette
- Number of pregnancies
- A higher body mass index
- A significant increase in weight or loss of weight.
- A larger bra cup size.
Does Breastfeeding Causes Sagging Breast?
Many people have been led to falsely believe that there is a close correlation between breastfeeding and sagging breast. You hear many women attributing their sagging breast to breastfeeding. However, a research by University of Kentucky’s Plastic Surgeon has shown that breastfeeding is not one of the factors responsible for ptosis (1).
In the study, it was discovered that breastfeeding is not the factor that many thought it was. According to Dr. Rinker’s research, there are many key factors, which we have listed above. Extensive cigarette smoking breaks down a protein in the skin, known as elastin.
Elastin is responsible for giving youthful skin its elastic appearance. It is also known to support the breast. A long history of cigarette smoking can break down the elastin and this can contribute to sagging breast.
Also, the number of pregnancies was strongly related with ptosis. The study found out that the effect on sagging breast increases with every pregnancy. The study also found that sagging breast obeys gravitation. As most women get older, it’s a natural occurrence for the breast to yield to gravity. Hence causing them to sag.
This occurrence is more visible in women with large breasts. A significant weight gain or loss was also discovered to contribute to sagging. Other factors worth mentioning were a higher body mass index and a larger bra cup size.
Instead of resort to expensive cosmetic procedures to make their breast firmer and shape better. Try these better, less dangerous, and natural ways to maintain that perfectly shaped breast that will cost you virtually nothing. Read on to find out these natural ways and exercises to lift sagging breasts.
Exercises to Lift Sagging Breasts and Tone Breasts at Home
Forget those costly cosmetic procedures. The best way you can make your breast firmer and prevent them from sagging is by engaging in some workouts right from the comfort of your home. There are several exercises to firm and shape your breast with virtually little cost on your part. This article lists 10 of the best exercises to lift sagging breasts and tone breast at home;
1. Chest Squeeze
The chest squeeze is a great way to warm up yourself at the beginning of your exercise routine. This exercise is effective at enhancing breast tightening. The routine works your shoulder and chest muscles. You can perform this using the medicine ball.
How to do the Chest Squeeze Exercise
- Sit on a chair/floor and ensure your back is straight.
- Pick up the medicine ball and hold it to your chest level.
- Squeeze the ball and ensure that you can feel the pressure on your chest.
- Gently extend your hands to the front while you press the ball at the same time.
- Make sure your hands are fully straight to the front.
- Slowly bring back the hands to the chest region while still pressing the ball.
- You can perform 10 reps of the workout to make up 1 set.
- It is recommended you do 2 sets daily to see a quick result.
This is arguably the most popular workout around the world. The interesting thing is it is a tried and tested workout that requires absolutely no equipment. Push-Ups add firmness to your breast and help to lift sagging breasts fast. They also make your back muscles stronger.
How to do the Push-Up exercise
- Lay on the floor and make sure your back is facing upwards.
- Place your palms on the surface of the floor at a 90-degree angle to your shoulder.
- Slowly raise your body with your arms.
- Make sure your arms do the lifting by exerting pressure on them.
- Lift yourself until you can feel the strain then pause for about 1-2 seconds.
- Then gently lower your body to the starting position with your chest almost touching the ground.
- Repeat movement until you feel exhausted.
3. Bench Press
The bench press is a fantastic exercise that works your chest muscles and your triceps. It also works your core and improves your overall balance and coordination. This workout is one of the best exercises with weights. It is performed using the stability ball and the dumbbells.
How to do the Bench Press
- Lie in the middle of your back on a stability ball /on the floor .
- Ensure there is enough room for your shoulder blades to move.
- Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold the dumbbells with your hands near your armpits and ensure your knuckles are facing forward.
- Push the weights up away from your chest until you have your arms straight above you.
- Slowly lower back to starting position and follow the movement.
- Repeat until you get exhausted.
4. Triceps Dips
The triceps dips routine is great for toning your triceps. It is also a good way to working out your pecs. This exercise will ensure you breast gets back to shape. It is one of the best exercises without weights to lift sagging breasts. You can perform this exercise with virtually no equipment.
How to do the Triceps Dips
- Get a bench or chair and sit on it.
- Place your hands by your sides and stretch out your legs.
- Keep your hands facing forward and use them to lift yourself off the bench.
- Then bend your elbows and lower yourself slowly to the floor.
- Repeat movement until you feel exhausted.
5. Push-Ups with Medicine Ball
This is a harder variation of the classic push-up exercise. If you don’t mind challenging yourself a little bit more, then you can try this workout. You will see the benefits of doing this workout sooner than expected.
How to do the Push-Ups with Medicine Ball
- Assume a push-up position with your left hand on the medicine ball.
- Then bring your other hand on the medicine ball gently and slowly.
- Work your legs and bring your belly button in.
- Bend your elbows at the same time as you go down.
- Put pressure on both your hands to bring you up back to the starting position.
- You can complete 10 reps, which is one set.
- Increase the set as you get used to the exercise.
6. Chest Pass
The chest pass exercise is a great home routine that works your arms and chest. This exercise also targets your shoulder and makes stronger. It is performed using a medicine ball. Follow the instructions below to use the chest pass exercise to give your breast a firm shape.
How to do the Chest Pass
- Lie down on your back on the floor.
- Ensure your back is straight against the floor.
- Grab a medicine ball with both your hands and place it on your chest.
- Engage your abs and throw the ball up.
- Catch the ball back with your arms stretched out.
- Bring the ball back to your chest and repeat the movement.
- You can repeat 3 sets of 10 reps each.
7. Rear Lateral Raise
The rear lateral raise is an isolation exercise that is great for building your shoulders. It is also a great chest workout and sculpts your arms within a short time. This exercise is performed using the dumbbells.
How to do the Rear Lateral Raise
- Stand upright and keep your feet close.
- Hold the dumbbells in each of your hands and stretch them forward.
- Bend your knees and move your hips backward. Continue moving your hips back until your torso is at a parallel to the floor.
- Then raise your arms and stretch them out towards your sides.
- Pause for a brief second and come back to the starting position.
8. Elbow squeezes
These are one of the best and easiest exercises to lift sagging breasts. They focus on your chest and make the muscles firm and smooth. Dumbbells are to be used in this exercise
How to do the Elbow Squeezes
- Stand with your back slightly bent forward.
- Hold a dumbbell in each of your hand.
- Bring your elbows up until they form a 90-degree angle.
- Then bring the elbows closer to one another.
- Be careful as you move them and ensure you do not drop the weights.
- Squeeze the weights for some seconds and then open your arms wide again.
- Return to the starting position and repeat movement 15 times.
Yes, you heard that right. Swimming is one the great exercises to lift sagging breasts. It burns a lot of calories and adds more beauty and shape to your chest. You should get into a pool and start swimming.
This might surprise you, but yoga is one of the best exercises to lift sagging breasts. There are some yoga routines like the triangle pose, standing forward pose, cobra pose and a host of others that are effective in lifting your breast and giving them a nice shape. You should embrace yoga if you want to lift your sagging breast.
A sagging breast is a natural occurrence that is visible as women get older. However, you can always get your breast to good shape by adding these exercises to lift sagging breasts to your daily routines. Also, you need to avoid some everyday habits that can contribute to a sagging breast if you want to maintain that firm breast.
The habits to avoid include smoking, wearing a bra that does not fit and living on a diet that makes you lose or gain a vast amount of weight quickly. You should also avoid adopting a bad posture and make sure you always walk straight. This makes your breast stand up proudly.