Strength Training Workouts – There is a common belief that strength training exercises are extremely hard and painful. Though most strength training may be hard, however, not all strength training workouts are extremely tough. There are some basic strength training workouts that are quite effective and can improve your overall body strength.
Everyone, including trainers, know that the pain of the hardest and toughest strength training will be worth the payoff. You have probably wanted to improve your overall body strength.
You’ve changed your routine several times just to add to your strength. But at the end, you just get discouraged and think this is “mission impossible”. Below is a list of the best strength training workouts you can partake in. These workouts are effective and good for all body sizes.
9 Full Body Strength Training Workouts – Increase Stamina and Endurance
1. Prisoner Get Ups
This is one of the strength training without a weight and it is also easy to do for the beginners. The prisoner get-ups is a fantastic exercise that engages your core and at the same time activates your entire chain of muscles in the back. The exercise helps you to work on your agility and balance.
How to do the Prisoner Get Ups
- Begin by lying on your back and ensure your hands are placed just behind your head.
- Also, ensure your elbows are outwards.
- Let your knees touch the floor with your feet crossed.
- Then use your lower ab muscles to bring your torso forward right till when your heels of feet are just about touching your butt.
- Get up from the floor by hinging at your hips.
- Ensure your hands are still behind your head.
- Stand up straight swiftly and make sure you use just your legs.
- Alternatively, you can put your hands on the floor to help when lifting off the floor.
2. Body Saw
The body saw is a good core exercise that also makes use of other muscle groups and burns belly fat. This exercise helps improve the flexibility of your calves that is the reason why is the best strength training for runners. It utilizes your triceps, hips, shoulders, core, and calves.
How to do the Bodysaw
- Place your feet in a valslides and assume a forearm plank position.
- Ensure your elbows are beneath your shoulders.
- Start to engage your core and keep your forearms still.
- Then start moving your hips backward.
- Make sure your shoulders are moving away from your wrists and at the same time your elbows are in front of your body.
- You should still maintain a straight line from your ears to ankles.
- Then move back to the starting position. Do 7 reps.
3. Strength Training Workouts with Dumbbell Thruster
The dumbbell thruster is a full-body workout that burns calories , body fat and boosts your strength. This exercise targets your thighs, hips, shoulders, and triceps. It is one of the best explosive strength training workouts out there. You also get the added advantage of improving hip and shoulder flexibility combined with aiding blood flow.
How to do the Dumbbell Thruster
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with your elbows bent and the weights in front of your face.
- Then take a squat position to full depth.
- Press the dumbbells overhead as you come back up.
- Ensure you’re standing tall at this point with your arms fully extended over your shoulders.
- Make sure you squeeze your quads, glutes, and abs at the same time.
- Then go back down to full squat and at the same time, lower the dumbbells back and return to starting position.
4. Dumbbell Lateral Lunge
Adding a dumbbell to the lunge will further engage the core and turn it into a total body movement.
How to do the Dumbbell Lateral Lunge
- Stand upright and move to the right with your right foot.
- Ensure you keep your toes forward and your feet flat.
- Assume a squat position through your right hip and keep your left leg straight.
- Go down as low as possible and hold the position for about 2 seconds.
- Push back up and return to the starting position.
- Do 5 reps
5. Pistol Squat Get Ups
The pistol squats are more taxing on your core, body muscles and nervous system than the standard squat. They are one of the best strength training workouts at home as it activates your core and other muscles in your lower body.
How to do the Pistol Squat Get Ups
- Begin by balancing on your left leg and hold out your right leg in front.
- Ensure your heel is just off the floor.
- Then begin to lower yourself into a squat position and make sure you keep your right knee above the floor.
- You can place your hands in front of your body to aid balance.
- Go low on the squat until your hamstring is about touching your calf.
- Pause for a moment and then release your butt to the ground.
- Then lay flat on your back with your left knee bent and make sure your other leg is straight.
- Tilt forward and use your hands to help guide you back into the squat position and then stand up straight.
- Switch your legs and repeat the movement. 4 reps
6. Lateral Step-Ups with Medicine Ball
This exercise is a dynamic strength training program that will boost your power. It engages a wide range of lower body muscles such as quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, glutes, lower back muscles and ab muscles. Holding the medicine ball also works the biceps.
How to do the Lateral Step-Ups with Medicine Ball
- Begin by standing on the left side of a bench.
- Hold the medicine ball close to your chest.
- Bend forward slightly and at the same time, lift your right leg onto the bench.
- Raise your left leg up to go meet the right and at the same time move the right leg to the ground on the other side.
- Don’t forget to extend your landing leg out from the bench. Ensure you feel the burn on your glutes and quads.
- Now move your right leg up to meet the left leg that is still on the bench.
- Then move the left leg to the floor while keeping the right leg on the bench. Do just 4 reps
7. One Arm Kettlebell Press
This exercise activates your torso, shoulders, and hips. It promotes stability in the core and also aides the mobility of your shoulders. You should feel the effect more in your torso than in any other body part. Alternatively, you can use a dumbbell to do this.
How to do the One-Arm Kettlebell Press
- Begin by maintaining a square stature
- Then press the kettle bell and ensure your shoulders are down with your lats engaged.
- Also make sure your biceps are not close to your ear.
- Now pull the kettlebell back down to the rack position
- You should make sure you maintain a long spine throughout this routine.
- 4 reps
8. Lunge Jumps with Standing Lunge Hold
This exercise may be hard, but it is very effective. It is definitely one of the most efficient strength training workouts for women. The workout is a lower body combo that will fire your glutes, making sure you feel the effect on your lower body.
How to do the Lunge Jumps with Standing Lunge Hold
- Begin in a split stance position with your hands down.
- Also, ensure your torso is upright and your back knee bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Push off your front foot and bring your lower body off the ground.
- Switch the positioning of your feet while you’re in mid-air.
- Now allow your back knee to bend as you land gently with your other foot now taking the forward place.
- After about 20 seconds, land gently in a split position.
- Place your hands on your hips and make sure your torso is upright.
- Lower your hips by bending your back knee to assume a 90-degree.
- Maintain this position for about 30 seconds.
- Switch your legs and maintain the lunge for another 30 seconds.
- Round it up with another set of lunge jumps.
9. Strength Training Workouts with Deadlifts
There is no arguing that deadlifts are actually difficult. This exercise challenges your body than almost any other known workout. It improves your body muscle density and strength. Follow the instruction below to perform these amazing strength training workouts.
How to do the Deadlifts
- Begin by standing with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Now hinge on your hips and lower your chest to the ground. You must grasp for the barbell placed in front of the shins.
- Push your heels into the ground and thrust your hips forward at the same time.
- Ensure you maintain a flat back and your core remains tight as you do this workout.
- Pause for a brief second at the top and then, bring back barbell to the ground.
- Do 4 Reps.
If you are looking to boost your body strength, the above-listed workouts are effective at building strength. Though these workouts may be difficult, but they are highly efficient and effective.
Follow these strength training workouts to the letter and you’ll know that these workouts are worth all the pain.