Burpee’s exercises have been around for decades and have evolved over the years. Now, there are many variations of this amazing workout. It has been embraced by athletes, military forces, football teams and fitness experts. This article is aimed at showing you how to do burpees exercises.
If you want to add some muscle to your body and burn off fat for a leaner and bigger body, then you should know how to do burpees exercises.
You might wonder why you often find burpees in many high-intensity interval training (HIIT) exercises (1).
Well, the answer is not far-fetched. Burpees exercises are simply amazing. We have taken time out to list 5 effective burpees exercises and how to do burpees exercises.
Read on to find out how to do burpees exercises. Here you will learn the benefits of burpees, different types available, and how to do burpees exercises.
Regardless of how you might feel about them, there is one general consensus among most people, burpees offer so many benefits.
You will find burpees virtually everywhere, from HIIT workouts to boot camps and gyms. This is because they are one of the most effective, functional and efficient exercises you can think of.
Below are some of the benefits you will get once you learn how to do burpees exercises.
Burpees Exercise Benefits
Burpees exercises are full-body workouts that are effective. These exercises offer a lot of benefits including strength and endurance.
It involves a variety of movements that work your muscles. The amazing thing is burpees exercises can be done anywhere including right in your house.
No equipment is needed to perform this beneficial exercise. Below are some of the benefits you can get from burpees.
Burpees Exercises Burn a Lot of Calories
If you are looking for exercises that can turn your body into a fat burning machine, then the burpees are just perfect for you.
They Give you Strength
You can see why it is an amazing exercise. You will always feel the effect in your legs and arms immediately after working out.
They are Amazing for Endurance and Conditioning
There is a reason why athletes, football players and even the military include burpees exercises in their workouts.
The simple reason is they are great in helping to develop endurance and conditioning. In addition, they get your heart rate up very quickly.
If you want to get in shape very fast or just to simply look good, then burpees are the way to go.
Burpees are Portable and do not Require any Equipment
That is one of the best things about burpees exercises. You do not require any equipment to do burpees. You can do burpees virtually anywhere you find yourself including your house, office, a park or in an hotel room. Get on it now and start.
You can Incorporate them into Almost any Workout
Unlike most exercises, burpees are dynamic, fast-paced exercises that never bore you. You will be grateful if you incorporate burpees to your workout routines.
You will get tons of benefits by adding burpees to your daily workout routines.
The different varieties of movements involved in the burpees exercises will work your muscles and put you in a great shape quicker than you expected.
These benefits will be obvious in your daily life as you will find a lot of challenges easier to conquer.
How to Do Burpees Exercises for Weight Loss
The burpees exercises involve a squat, plank, squat, and then a jump. This exercise is the least favorite for many people because of its challenging nature.
It works multiple muscles in your body and its extremely interesting. Here, we show you how to do burpees
Different varieties of burpees have cropped up over the years and here are the 5 best ones with a guide on how to do burpees exercises.
1. Burpees for Beginners
This is for those who are wondering how to do burpees for beginners. Though this variation of burpees is for beginners, it is still challenging.
The only move missing in this variation is the push-ups. Follow the instructions below to do the beginner burpees.
How to Do Burpees for Beginners
- Begin by standing upright and place your feet together
- Bend over and put your hands on the floor and jump your feet to form a plank.
- Now jump back up and engage your core at the same time.
- Jump back until you are fully stretched. Make sure your butt does not stick up in the air.
- Again, jump your feet back up to your hands and assume a standing position.
- Jump off the ground as you stand.
- Repeat movement until you’re exhausted.
2. The Jack Burpee
This is another exceptional variation of the burpees. This movement kick-starts your heart and gets your blood pumping. It also engages your legs and core more.
Follow the instructions below to do the jack burpee.
- Begin by standing and make sure your feet are placed together.
- Now bend over and put your hands on the floor and at the same time, jump your feet back and assume a high plank position and your feet together.
- Still at that high plank position, jump both feet out wide and then bring them back together.
- Bend over and put your hands on the floor at the same time as you jump those feet back into the high plank position. Ensure your feet are now together.
- From that position, jump your feet out wide again and bring them back together one more time.
- Now jump your feet into your hands and assume a standing position.
- When you get to the top, do a basic jumping jack, leave the floor and spread your legs. At the same time, you should swing your arms up all the way to the side and overhead.
- The quicker you do this movement, the harder the move will become.
3. Burpee Sit Thru
The Burpee Sit Thru engages your core like never before. It also serves as a wonderful rotational exercise.
You must make sure you move quickly when performing this exercise. Follow the instructions below to do the burpee sit thru.
- Begin by standing with both feet together.
- Bend down and put your hands on the ground and at the same time, jump your feet back and assume a bull dog position.
- Now kick one of your legs under your body and through and lift the opposite hand to sit through at the same time.
- Bring back that leg under your body and lower your hand down and sit through on your other side.
- Kick the leg through under your body and lift your opposite hand.
- Rotate all the way through to make sure you can sit in case you lose your balance.
- Now jump your feet back into your hands and assume a standing position.
- Then jump off the floor as you get to the top.
- Repeat this movement until you feel exhausted.
4. Side Arm Balance Burpee
This is another interesting variation of the burpees. The side arm balance burpee works your upper body. It also works your core, and gives you strength.
Not only that, your shoulder stability is also not left out. Follow the instructions below to perform the side arm balance burpee.
- Begin by assuming a standing position.
- Now bend over and put those hands on the floor. At the same time, you should jump your feet back and assume a high plank position.
- Perform a push-up and once you get to the top of the push-up, lift up one of your hands towards the sky and rotate into a side plank.
- Then open completely and put the hand down again on the floor. Once you do this, perform another push-up and drop your chest to the floor.
- When you get to the top of the push-up, rotate into a side plank position on the opposite side and perform one more push up.
- Once done, jump your feet in towards your hands and assume a standing position.
- Like always, make sure you jump at the top.
5. Spiderman Burpee
The spiderman burpee is a very advanced variation of the burpees. It is a full body cardio workout. This exercise works your shoulders, core, chest, triceps and legs more than the other variations. Follow the instructions below to do the spiderman burpee.
- 10 Best Exercises to Get Rid of Muffin Top &Side Fat Really Fast at Home
- Easy 7 Days Six Pack Abs Diet Plan for Flat Stomach
- Weight Loss Workout Plan-7 Days Fat Burning Workout Plan for Beginners
- Ab Workouts for Women at Home -10 Killer Ripped ab Exercises
- Begin by standing and ensure your feet are placed together.
- Jump back and assume a high plank position.
- Perform one push up and bring your right knee in towards the right elbow.
- Then do another push-up and bring the left knee into the left elbow.
- Now do one more push up and jump your feet in toward your hands.
- Assume a standing position and perform a tuck knee jump. Make sure you jump as high as you can and bring your knees up and in towards the chest.
- Repeat movement until you feel exhausted.
Still wondering how to do burpees exercises? The answer is right here.
Burpees exercises might not be your favorite workout, but you should know that they are extremely effective and efficient.
The exercises have proven to be one of the best HIIT you can find around. Most fitness experts will tell you to include burpees in your daily workout routines.
Luckily for you, you require no equipment or a visit to the gym to perform this workout. Read our guide on how to do burpees exercises and start today