What can you use Ginger Root for ?
Ginger root benefits – Ginger root is the one of the world most cultivated herbs. It’s most popular for its food, medicinal and cosmetic properties. Being a tropical plant, the top commercial producers’ countries are Fiji, India, Jamaica, China, Australia and Indonesia. Ginger is the family of galangal, turmeric and cardamom.
The historical reverence for and utilization of ginger is stunning. Ginger had incredible historic, medicinal value as a beverage, digestive aid, aphrodisiac, diarrhea, etc.
Ginger root benefits can also be tap by using it fresh, dried, in powder form, as beverage or as a juice or oil. Ginger is regularly used to treat different sorts of health problems like, headaches ,nausea and vomiting after surgery, motion sickness, constipation, sprains, arthritis, morning sickness, colic, upset stomach and loss of appetite.
Ginger root has a lot nutrients and bio-active compounds that have great benefits for your health.
Ginger has as of late been mulled scientifically for its effect on nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness, cancer chemotherapy, surgery and pregnancy.
The Japanese relieved spinal and joint pain with ginger. The Chinese thought that it was useful with tooth aches, symptoms of a cold, influenza and headache. Progressive mid twentieth century U.S. doctors endorsed ginger for menstrual cramp. Amazing!
Below are the Amazing Health Benefits of Ginger
1.Ginger Root Benefits as anti-Inflammatory.
It relieves pain, headaches and inflammation. Because of these properties it possesses it can be used in treating osteoarthritis; which degenerate joints and causing joint pain and stiffness. Ginger efficiency can be boosted if mixed with honey, cinnamon, and mastic and sesame oil and applied correctly.
Ginger serves to be an effective remedy. It defends our body from cancerous cells in two ways. The first one is apoptosis and the other being autophagy. Apoptosis refers to the phenomenon in which these malignant cancer cells commit suicide on their own. While, autophagy meaning self-eating is a phenomenon in which the cells are tricked to be eaten on their own
Must Read :Essential oils for cancer treatment
3.Ginger for asthma.
Asthma is one of common health problems in recent years. Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways which affect the normal flow of air in and out of the lungs when breathing.
The primary symptoms of asthma include coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and tight feeling in the midsection.
Because Ginger enhances bronchodilation, it provides effective treatment of asthma and helps relieve asthma-related inflammation of the airway problem.
4.Ginger be used to treat diabetes
The recent research has proven that ginger root can be used to lower the blood sugar in the body. If you take 2-3 grams of ginger powder in day your fasting blood sugar will be lower by 12 percent.
5.Ginger can help treat Dyspepsia or Indigestion.
Ginger root benefits has been demonstrated to accelerate discharging of the stomach waste in individuals with indigestion problem.
Research has shown that if you take ½ spoonful of ginger power before meal can quicken purging of the stomach by 50 percent.
6.Ginger reduces menstrual pain.
Menstrual pain is a common pain that happens mostly to young lady. One of the native ginger root benefits is for pain relief, including menstrual cramp.
Research has proven that if a woman takes a teaspoonful of ginger per day for 3 days it will ease her menstrual pain. Moreover, if was also confirmed that about 60 percent of women felt ginger reduced their menstrual pain.
7.Ginger for motion sickness
I you have having motion sickness , you can use ginger to counter this by taking one gram of ginger powder 30 minutes- 2 hours before you embark on journey can helps reduce travel related nausea .
8.Ginger for Postoperative nausea
In one of the study, it was found that if you take a dose of 500 mg 30 minutes before operation and 500 gm after it will helps you to reduce nausea related surgery.
Note- Ginger is generally not prescribed amid the seven to ten days before surgery because it can cause blood clotting. So is very important that you talk about the use of ginger with your specialist or doctor before using it.
Lemon Ginger Tea for Weight Loss -Recipes
- 1/4 cup grated ginger root
- 3 tea bags
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-5 cups water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Add brown sugar and grated ginger root together in a saucepan and boil them, adjust heat to medium, leave it for 20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add tea bags; steep tea to your choice, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard it.
- Add lemon juice and honey into the tea and stir thoroughly;
- Then strain into a jar or pitcher.
Ginger root benefits ;
- Ginger lessens Painful spasms and gas in the intestine,
- Ginger may forestall stomach ulcers brought on by nonsteroidal calming medications, e.g headache medicine and ibuprofen.
- Ginger root restrains microbes such as Salmonella, which causes diarrhea, and protozoa, for example, Trichomonas.
- Ginger restrains rhinovirus that causes the common cold.
There a lot of ways to add ginger to your food. Here are a few ways to do so;
- Turn up the heat while chilling by making ginger lemonade.
- Mix naturally ground ginger, lemon juice, sugar cane water or honey and water.
- Combine ginger and squeezed orange to puréed sweet potatoes.
- Combine ground ginger to your most loved stuffing for baked apples.
- You can add to your rice side dishes by sprinkling ground ginger, sesame seeds and nori strips on top.
- Mix ginger, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic to make a heavenly plate of salad dressing.
- Zest up your sautéed vegetables by adding crisply minced ginger.
Love this post share it with friends on facebook