1200 Calorie Diet Meal Plans Low Carb For Weight Loss– There are so many diet plans that can help you lose weight. Each of these plans has its own unique ways and are totally different in their own way. Low carb diets are another effective diet plan that can help you lose weight. The diet contains 1200 calories, which is the recommended minimum to aid a healthy and safe weight loss.
A 1200 calories diet will give you the requires nutritional intake and at the same time is perfectly healthy and effective at helping to lose weight. In fact, most of the diet plans that have been developed by health professionals and nutritionists are based on the recommended 1200 daily calories.
This 1200 calorie diet meal plans are low in carbohydrates and also helps you to fight off hunger. The diet contains foods that are low in fat and high in protein which tend to make you more satisfied for a longer period (1).
The Concept Behind the 1200 Calorie Diet Meal Plans
This effective diet revolves around the idea of calorie control. The concept is if users consume lesser calories than the body is using up, then this will result in a significant amount of weight loss.
Users of the 1200 calorie meal prep diet plan are to consume 1200 calories on a daily basis. You must be aware of the calorie count of each food you eat. If you are unsure of what food to take, read on for a sample plan of the 1200 calorie diet meal plan for weight loss.
Recommended Foods to Eat
This 1200 calorie diet meal plans have no specific food that is recommended to eat. However, you will lose weight rapidly if the diet is built on fresh and unprocessed foods. You can also include fruit, whole grains, vegetables, lean proteins, and legumes.
Below is a sample of the 1200 calorie diet meal plans you can follow.
Sample 7 Day 1200 Calories Diet Meal Plans Low Carb for Weight Loss
Here are a sample 1200 calories diet plan that you can follow if you want to use this diet.
Day 1 – Breakfast
A cup of fat-free milk, one banana and ¾ cup of bran flakes
You can take a cup of cantaloupe melon as your mid-morning snack.
- Beef and noodle broth, a small whole-wheat bread, 1 cup of fat-free milk, and a non-sugared fudgsicle.
- For your afternoon snack, you can take 3 ounces of celery sticks with 2 tablespoons of prepared hummus.
- ½ cup of cooked brown rice, roasted cod, green and yellow beans mixed with wild mushrooms. You can also add a small banana for dinner.
Day 2 – Breakfast
A fruit smoothie and ½ English muffin and 1 teaspoon of light margarine.
- 1 cup of vegetable soup, veggie burger, a light yogurt with 15 grapes.
- 4 oz. of a boneless, skinless chicken breast mixed with barbecue sauce, vegetarian baked beans, 3 small boiled potatoes mixed with a pinch of dill and 1 teaspoon of light margarine.
Day 3 – Breakfast
For breakfast today, you can take oatmeal mixed with fat-free milk, ½ an apple, with 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Take chicken salad and 1 banana
- 4 ounces of steamed shrimp, 3 cups steamed spinach, a baked potato with a low-fat frozen fudge bar.
Day 4 – Breakfast
It’s day 4 and for breakfast, you should take ½ of a toasted English muffin and ½ sliced apple, 1 oz. of reduced fat cheese and 6 oz. of light yogurt mixed with slivered almonds.
- A cup of tomato soup, 1 cup of raw veggies, 1 roast beef sandwich, with 1 pear.
- 3 ounces of poached salmon, 1 small cup of cooked brown rice, slaw, and you can add pineapple chunks to your juice.
Day 5 – Breakfast
½ a cup of cherries, 1 cup of cheerios, 8 oz. of fat-free milk, and also 1 tablespoon of slivered almond.
- For lunch, you can eat quesadilla, half cup of mandarin orange sections mixed with half cup of low-fat cheese. Top it up with cucumber spears.
- 3 ounces of roasted pork tenderloin with 2 cups of salad greens, 1 cup of baked acorn squash and finally, half cup of fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt.
Day 6 – Breakfast
1 toasted frozen waffle and top it with ½ of a sliced banana and about 8 ounces of fat-free milk.
- For lunch, you can eat tuna pita, 10 baby carrots and finish it off with 6 ounces of light yogurt.
- Jambalaya, with three cups of steamed spinach. Finish the day with 1 medium-sized apple.
Day 7 – Breakfast
It’s the last day in this diet plan and for breakfast, you should eat ½ toasted English muffin and top it with 1 oz. of low-fat cheese, a tomato slice, half a cup of steamed spinach, 1 poached egg, and finally, 1 grapefruit.
- For lunch, you should eat a small whole wheat pita, black bean salad and take a pear fruit.
- Dinner is here and is sure to treat yourself to a good meal that consists of three ounces of boiled or grilled flank steak, 1 cup of steamed zucchini, and a baked sweet potato. Round up the diet plan with ½ cup of pineapple chunks in your juice.
Carefully outlined above is a sample 1200 calorie diet meal plans for 7 days that you can use. If you like, you can substitute some healthy foods for others on the list. However, when doing this, you must be conscious of the calorie count of the food you are going to add. Remember, your goal is to lose weight and 1200 daily calorie intake is just the perfect amount you need to achieve this.
- Jillian Michaels’ Weight Loss Detox Water for Fast Fat Burning
- 10 Best DIY Infused Water Recipes for Weight Loss and Health Benefits
- Best Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe for Weight Loss- Lose 10 Pounds In 7 Days
- Easy 7 Days Six Pack Abs Diet Plan for Flat Stomach
Healthy Tips To Help You With The 1200 Calories Diet Plan
Here are some tips that can help you improve the overall effectiveness of this diet plan;
- It’s best to eat proteins with carbs
Though it’s okay to consume carbohydrates without fat or protein, however, eating at least some protein with the carbs will give you a better result. The protein satisfies you and prevents hunger. Also, for those who are in the habit of working out, make sure you eat protein with your carbs, especially after workouts. Some protein-rich foods you can consider are egg whites, lean meats, seafood, tofu amongst others.
- Do not eat too many carbs in the morning
Though it is important to always eat carbs in the morning in order to energize your body, however, eating too many carbs might actually make you gain weight. A recent study has discovered that eating too many carbs in the morning at the expense of healthy fat and protein might lead to weight gain (2).
- Control the urge of carbohydrates at night
If you are really serious about losing weight, then you should only eat about 30 grams of carbohydrates or protein 30 minutes before you go to bed. Doing this will boost your body’s metabolism the following morning.
- Embrace Workouts
You must make sure you exercise your body as this will accelerate the rate of weight loss. Take on some exercises in the morning before eating breakfast. Researchers have found that this will help promote fat loss (3). And you should always remember to refuel your body after the workouts by eating protein and carbohydrates. Workouts blend perfectly well with the 1200 calorie diet meal plans.
Carbs To Avoid When Doing The 1200 Calorie Diet Meal Plans
There are some foods you should avoid when undergoing the easy 1200 calorie meal plan. Though carbohydrates are important to the body, some are high in carbs and might lead to weight gain. These foods contain sugar and are high in carbs. They do not fill you up for a longer period, unlike the healthier carbs.
Some of the foods to avoid include white bread, sweets, white rice, sugary drinks, commercial baked goods, fried foods and foods that are highly processed e.g. the pre-packaged dinners. These foods will do you no good.
- Body Fat Percentage Chart-How to Measure Body Fat Accurately at Home
- Lemon Water for Weight Loss -The Extreme Weight Loss Drink!
- How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Drink at Home for Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Soup Recipes and 9 Rapid Weight Loss Diet That Work
Does the 1200 Calorie Diet Meal Plans Work?
You might have been waiting to read this and we can assure you this plan works. Some dieters have sworn that this healthy 1200 calorie meal has worked wonders in such a short time. It has helped them to lose a substantial amount of body weight within a short period of time.
However, most people tend not to make changes to their lifestyle and so they tend to gain back some weight. If you want the weight loss to be sustained, then you have to make some drastic changes to your lifestyle. Incorporate a healthy lifestyle into your daily routine.
Continue to eat healthy foods and avoid highly processed foods. You will have a high chance of success on this 1200 calorie diet meal plans if you learn how to carefully select nutritionally balanced foods, and manage your stress level.
You should also embrace the habit of working out on a regular basis. When done with exercises, this simple 1200 calorie diet meal plans will work more effectively.
There you have it. The simple 1200 calorie meal plan for 7 days will help you to lose weight fast. If you like, you can perform this diet from time to time as it is a very healthy diet.
Remember that this plan is called “low carb” and not “no carb”. You must realize that carbs are needed for the daily functioning of your body. However, do not excessively consume them as they will make you gain weight. Avoid those carbs that contain a lot of sugar. They are no good for you.
Stick to this 1200 calorie diet meal plans, and you will see incredible results. Above all, remember that exercising and healthy eating habits go hand in hand.