What is Testosterone?
Though it is often considered as the most important male hormone.Testosterone can also be found in women. The women ovaries produce some testosterone, though it is usually in small quantities.
Testosterone is often defined as the “male hormone” produced in men by the testes. It is generally associated with men because it is produced in much higher concentrations in men.
Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone. This sex hormone plays a vital role in the development of the male reproductive tissue such as testis and prostate. The hormone is also responsible for many of the secondary sex organs such as increased muscle mass, maintaining energy levels, deeper voice, and the growth of body hairs.
In addition, testosterone is involved in maintaining the overall health and wellbeing of the body. An insufficient level of the hormone in men is dangerous and can lead to bone loss and frailty.
Symptoms of a Low Testosterone Level
The levels of testosterone in the body naturally decrease with age. The American Urological Association once stated that about 4 out of 10 men over the age of 45 have low testosterone level.
This organization added that this condition is also seen in about 2 out of 10 men over the age of 60. This condition is called hypogonadism or low-T
The following are the range of symptoms that can occur if there is a significant drop in the testosterone level;
- Low sex drive
- Difficulty with erection
- Low semen volume
- Hair loss
- Increased body fat
- Loss of muscle mass
- Decreased bone mass
- Mood swing
This condition, however, may not be noticeable for some me. While others might experience significant changes starting from age 45. The drop in the testosterone level of the body is commonly called “male menopause” or andropause.
Having a low testosterone level does not mean “the end of the world”. This condition is treatable, and we will be sharing some natural tips on how to increase testosterone in the body.
How to Increase Testosterone Naturally in the Body
The testosterone is arguably the most important male hormone in the body. As a result, it is important for the male body to produce it in the required amount. The following are ways on how to increase testosterone naturally in the body;
1. Exercise Regularly
According to recent research, people who exercise often have a higher testosterone level. Strength training like weight-lifting and other high-intensity training exercises are good ways to boost your testosterone level.
It is recommended that you get to the gym at least 3 days per week undergoing high-intensity exercises that target different muscle groups at once. However, you must be careful not to overtrain yourself as it can lead a sharp drop in your testosterone level.
- Top Benefits of a Healthy Diet and Regular Exercise for Healthy Lifestyle
- Chest Workout Routine for Mass – 10 Best Chest Workout for Men
- How to Get Rid of Body Aches and Flu -10 Home Remedies
2. Consume Zinc Regularly to Boost Testosterone
It is important to consume zinc often as it increases the testosterone levels dramatically. Studies have shown that zinc deficiency is linked with low testosterone level in men. The recommended limit of zinc for an adult is 40mg.
You can either take foods that are rich in zinc like meat and fish or take it in supplemental form.
3. Maintain a Decent Vitamin D level
Vitamin D is involved in many bodily functions including keeping the sperm count and quality high. There is a close correlation between the Vitamin D level and the body’s testosterone level.
The lower the Vitamin D level, the lower the testosterone. You can maintain a decent Vitamin D level is by exposing yourself to 15-30 minutes of sunshine daily. The Sun is a good source of Vitamin D.
4. Reduce your Stress Level
Chronic stress seems to be the root of many health problems today including reduced testosterone level. Living a stressful life makes the body produce a higher amount of cortisol which in turn reduces testosterone. You must live a stress-free life if you’re really thinking about how to increase testosterone in your body.
5. Lose Some Weight
A research that was shared in 2012 with the Endocrine Society showed that if you lose weight, your testosterone level will increase. You should reduce your consumption of sugar and fructose such as milk. Instead, it is advisable to eat plenty of fruits and vegetable.
6. Consume Enough Magnesium
Just like zinc, it is important to consume enough magnesium as it can help boost the testosterone level. Magnesium can also be taken through food like fish, spinach, nuts or in supplementary form.
Magnesium supplementation can also improve sleep quality in those with lower than normal levels.
7. Moderate Your Alcohol Consumption
In a research published in 1984, the United States National Library of Medicine discovered that heavy alcohol consumption reduces testosterone. Another study also discovered that consuming alcohol excessively on a regular basis can convert your testosterone into the female sex hormone estrogen.
If you want to increase your testosterone level, you need to keep the amount and frequency of your alcohol consumption under control.
8. Take Testosterone Boosters
There are a few natural boosters that can help with increasing the testosterone level. The most popular example is ginger extract. Taking natural testosterone boosters regularly will help you solve the problem of how to increase testosterone in your body.
9. Eat Fats that are Healthy
It is a common thing to hear people say they are trying to cut down on fat. It is okay to reduce fat intake but do not cut it off completely.
According to the research, it is recommended that you consume fats that are high in monounsaturated fats like nuts, avocados, and fish. Consuming sufficient fat each will boost your testosterone and help you maintain proper overall health.
10. Get a Good Night Sleep
Sleep is one of the greatest determinants of your morning’s testosterone levels. The highest amount of the body’s testosterone is produced during the night. It is important for you to maintain a consistent timeframe by going to sleep and waking up at the same time each day.
It might be helpful not to consume caffeine and other stimulants within 6-8 hours of sleep.
What Foods to Increase Testosterone Levels? Testosterone Boosting Foods
As we have discussed earlier, maintaining a good and healthy diet is vital if we want to learn how to increase out testosterone. There are some natural foods to increase testosterone level.
Nutrients like Vitamin D, magnesium, zinc and healthy fat are important in maintaining the testosterone level. Examples of testosterone boosting foods;
Tuna is a protein-rich food that has a substantial quantity of Vitamin D. It is low in calories and helps to keep the heart healthy.
Low-fat milk with Vitamin D:
Make sure you choose a low-fat milk that is fortified with Vitamin D. Milk can help to strengthen the bone and the Vitamin D keeps the testosterone level in check.
Egg yolks are rich sources of Vitamin D. They contain more nutrients than egg whites.
Certain brands of cereals are fortified with Vitamin D and other nutrients. Consider including these foods into your breakfast routine to jumpstart your testosterone level.
They are high sources of Zinc mineral. Taking oysters will help boost your testosterone.
Seafood like crabs and lobsters contain a decent level of zinc. An occasional serving of this seafood will do your testosterone some good.
Certain beef cuts have nutrients that can benefit the testosterone level. Beef liver is an excellent source of Vitamin D while ground beef and chuck roast contain zinc. Choose only lean cuts of beef and avoid eating it daily to keep fat in check.
White, Kidney and Black beans are all good sources of Vitamin D and Zinc. Baked beans also contain these nutrients, though in smaller quantities. Beans are also full of plant-based protein that protects the heart.
Supplements to Increase Testosterone Levels
These natural supplements are known as testosterone boosters and they can increase your testosterone level. Below are the eight best natural elements that are helpful for boosting testosterone;
- Superior Labs TEST WORx Natural Testosterone Booster. Try this clinically proven powerful product.It is promising to boost your energy, mood, recovery and stamina and better sleep.
- D-Aspartic Acid: This is a natural amino acid that can boost low testosterone levels. It also aids in sperm quality and production.
- Vitamin D: This is a fat-soluble vitamin produced in the skin when exposed to sunlight. It is an important vitamin that boosts testosterone levels especially if the body’s Vitamin D level is deficient.
- Tribulus Terrestris: Tribulus is an herb that has been in use for centuries in herbal medicine. It helps improve sperm health and sex drive. It also boosts the testosterone level in men.
- Fenugreek: This is another herbal testosterone booster. It works by reducing the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen. Fenugreek boosts testosterone level and sexual function in men.
- Ginger: Ginger has many health benefits which include reducing inflammation and boosting the testosterone level. It is a common household spice that is known to be of benefit to the body. It also increases sperm count in infertile men.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA): This is a naturally occurring hormone within the body. DHEA is one of the most popular testosterone boosters around. It also helps in controlling estrogen levels.
- Zinc: Zinc is an essential mineral that is needed in the body. It boosts the testosterone and sperm count in deficient men.
- Ashwagandha: This is another herb that is used in ancient Indian medicine. It is also known as Withania somnifera. Ashwagandha helps your body to handle stress and anxiety. It also helps improve sexual function and body composition. Get one here
Read Now –
- Testosterone Booster:10 Best Test Booster Supplements that works
- Testosterone Boosting Foods Recipe ; Clark Bartram’s Chili Recipe
A healthy testosterone level is crucial for many aspects of health and body composition. What makes a man is the testosterone hormone in his body. Having a low testosterone level does not imply “a death sentence”. This means you must pay better attention to your body’s needs and adjust your eating habit and your lifestyle.
Thus, It is important to know the different ways on how to increase testosterone naturally in the body. That is the first step towards a healthy living.