Home Remedies for Natural Healing Products – Consuming the right foods can improve your intake of minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. These types of foods help to improve your body’s overall health and are useful in treating some minor health problems. The foods are natural-born soothers.And it might not hurt if you reach for any one of them the next time you notice a minor health problem.
These are the 10 ingredients that stand out among hundreds of others which you should have in your kitchen cabinet and serve as home remedies for natural healing.
For every ingredient, we include a short summary, their benefits and how to apply them for medicinal use.
10 Best Home Remedies for Natural Healing Products |Must Have in Kitchen Cabinet
Ginger for Menstrual Cramps – This is a miracle worker and serves as a good home remedy for natural healing. It is a flowering plant that originated from China.
Ginger can be used to relieve menstrual cramps. It is recommended that every kitchen cabinet should contain ginger. The traditional Chinese medicine has relied on this ingredient for more than 2,000 years. Ginger can help you to alleviate the pain associated with menstrual cramps.
How to Use Ginger Tea to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Get the root of the ginger plant. You can find these in the supermarkets.
- Slice pieces of the root, cut off the skin and discard it.
- Cut the slices further into small pieces.
- Use 2 tablespoons of ginger root pieces for every cup of water.
- Add the ginger to water and bring it to a boil in a small pot.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for one hour.
- Strain the ginger from the water and drink the tea.
NOTE: Using too much ginger can cause mouth irritation, heartburn, and diarrhea. Avoid ginger if you have a bleeding disorder or on a prescription of blood-thinning drugs. Talk to your doctor before taking ginger if you have gallstones.
Other Benefits of Ginger
- It can be used for weight loss – visit this page if you want to know How to Use Ginger for fast weight loss
- Ginger has many uses and benefits some of which include;
- Improve blood flow and reduce inflammation in the muscles.
- It can help prevent many types of nausea which include morning sickness, sea sickness, chemotherapy-related nausea etc.
- Helps to lower the blood sugar level.
- Ginger is beneficial for people with indigestion and related stomach discomfort.
- It may help to lower cholesterol levels.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight loss – Everyone should have an apple vinegar in their kitchen cabinet if you don’t get one here. This “superfood” can be used in a variety of ways and for different purposes.
The Apple Cider Vinegar is made from apple juice and is distilled and fermented to become Apple Cider Vinegar. It is no secret that a raw, organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar can be used in aiding weight loss and overall wellbeing. Follow the instruction below to use the ACV for weight loss.
How to Use the Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
- Ensure you use the raw, unprocessed, unfiltered and organic apple cider vinegar to enjoy its full benefit.
- Add two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water.
- Drink before meals three times daily.
For more details read –DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink Recipe ( Honey, Cinnamon, and Lemon) for Fat Burning
Other Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- It helps to stimulate digestion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can also improve the body’s utilization of iron thereby increasing oxygenation.
- It is also a great source of potassium.
- Helps to normalize blood glucose levels.
3. Baking Soda
It known as Sodium Bicarbonate, Baking Soda has been proven to be an effective medical agent. This ingredient has many uses including being used as home remedies for natural healing. In addition to its numerous health benefits, it also serves as a cleaning agent, antacid, for the homemade pregnancy test, fire extinguisher and much more.
How to Use Baking Soda for Overall Body Health
- Dissolve a quarter teaspoon of baking soda in half glass of water
- Drink on an empty stomach, once in the morning and again at night before going to bed.
NOTE: Excessive use of Baking Soda is discouraged. Baking soda is high in sodium and so it should be taken with caution. The drinking of baking soda may be unsafe for pregnant women and nursing mothers. Taking baking soda may also cause problems for those with liver disease, kidney disease, edema and people with high blood pressure.
Benefits of Baking Soda
- It promotes digestive health.
- Improves kidney function.
- Baking soda also helps to restore the body’s pH balance.
- It also serves as a natural cleanser.
4. Essential Oils
Use Essential Oil for Easy Inhalation –Essential Oils are produced by steam or water distillation of the leaves, woods, petals, buds and bark of roots of aromatic botanicals such as lavender, rose, cedarwood, peppermint etc. They are highly natural and most of them have a wonderful and appealing smell. Get your essential oils here cheap
How to Use Essential Oil for Easy Inhalation
- Boil two cups of water
- Pour the boiled water into a bowl and add 1-2 drops of essential oil
- Place your nose about 12 inches away from the bowl and inhale
NOTE: Do not inhale the essential oil constantly. Stop immediately you notice any irritation or discomfort. It can be dangerous if used incorrectly.
Benefits of Essential Oil
- For headache and migraine
- improves immunity and speeds illness recovery.
- It helps balance the body’s hormones.
- Essential oils can be used as a bug spray to avoid outdoor bugs.
- It is also used to make homemade cleaning or beauty products( for acne
5. Epsom Salt
Epsom Salt for Healing – known as Magnesium Sulfate, Epsom Salt is one of the must-have home remedies for natural healing. It has many health benefits as well as many beauty, household, and gardening related issues. Epsom salt baths are an easy and ideal way to enjoy the numerous benefits associated with Epsom salt.
How to Use Epsom Salt in a Bath
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and add Epsom salt.
- Lay in the bath for 20-30 minutes.
- Do not use any soap or chemical in an Epsom salt bath
- Scrub gently with a loofah for better absorption and blood circulation
- After the Epsom salt bath, you should drink lots of water.
- Repeat daily
NOTE: You should not rub Epsom salt directly onto your skin as it is highly abrasive.
Benefits of Epsom Salt
- It helps to relax your body.
- Relieves pain and cramping.
- Epsom salt helps to regulate the body’s blood sugar.
- It soothes sprains and bruises.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has a wide array of health benefits and is also used for the hair and skin. Organic virgin coconut oil has at least one positive effect on every system in the human body. This is one ingredient that should not be missing from your cabinet.
How to Use Coconut Oil
- Use coconut oil for hair growth
- Coconut oil should be added to your daily diet.
- For baking, you can substitute coconut oil for butter or any other oil involved.
- You can also add coconut oil when roasting vegetables.
- Coconut oil contains healthy fat and so can be used for your popcorn.
- it can be used for weight loss
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Consuming two tablespoons of coconut oil every morning can help to boost your energy levels.
- It also helps to fight infections and improve digestive health.
- Consuming 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil per day can help with weight loss
- It also reduces the risk of a heart disease.
- Protects the hair from sun damage and dehydration.
7. Lavender Oil
This is one of the most popular home remedies for natural healing.The benefits of lavender oil range from many major diseases to minor ailments. It contains powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, sedative, calming and anti-depressive properties.
How to Use Lavender Oil
- Few drops of lavender oil on cuts and bruises will stop bleeding and kill bacteria.
- To ease the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of lavender oil on the end of your tongue, behind the ears or around your navel.
- If you have a dry skin, you can always rub lavender oil on it.
- You can rub several drops of lavender into your scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Add Lavender Oil to your natural cleanser or moisturizer to help clear acne.
Benefits of Lavender Oil
- Lavender oil is a powerful anti-bacterial herb.
- It also helps to ease irritations and heal fungal infections.
- Lavender is an insect repellent as many flying insects dislike the smell of lavender.
- It also helps to calm nerves and cure anxiety.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been very popular throughout history and in every part of the world. It is a medicinal plant that has numerous health benefits. Aloe Vera should be in every home as it can be used as one of the home remedies for natural healing.
The natural taste of aloe vera is so bitter that you wouldn’t think of consuming it as it is. Thus, most people consume it as a juice.
How to Use Aloe Vera Juice for Health Benefit
- Take the Aloe Vera gel, dice it into small pieces and blend.
- You can dilute with honey, fruit or vegetable juice and drink.
- You can also use the leaves of Aloe Vera, blend them, strain and drink.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Mixing equal quantities of aloe vera and coconut oil and applying to the hair can promote hair growth and reduce dandruff in hair.
- Aloe Vera is rich in different types of Vitamins.
- It contains 8 essential amino acids.
- Excellent source of minerals
- It can also help with digestive problems.
- Boosts the immune system.
9. Sea Salt
Sea salt is one of the best home remedies for natural healing. It is a good alternative for expensive skincare product to treat rough patches on your knees, elbows, and heels. It is a good exfoliator because of the presence of thicker grains that clears away dry skin.
How to Use Sea Salt for dry skin
- Add 2 – 3 cups of sea salt to warm water bath.
- Lay in the bathtub for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Apply a light moisturizer after a bath. (Avoid if you have an oily skin)
- Sea salt can be harsh on skins that don’t require much exfoliation.
Alternatively, you can also use sea salt by adding ¼ teaspoon of sea salt to every half gallon of water you drink.
Benefits of Sea Salts
- Sea salts are rich in trace minerals.
- They also help to balance fluids in the body and helps avoid dehydration.
- Helps proper brain, muscle, and nervous system function.
- It helps the body absorb more nutrients from foods already consumed.
10. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that enable it to serve as one of the home remedies for natural healing.Order your tea tree oil on Amazone
How to Use Tea Tree Oil
- Add 2-3 drops tea oil to one cup of water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture to the affected areas.
- Repeat process twice daily.
- Store solution in a bottle for further use.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
- Tea tree oil is a popular home remedy for combating acne.
- It can kill parasites and fungal infections.
- By mixing a few drops of tea oil with aloe vera gel, coconut milk and few drops of lavender oil, you can make your own shampoo to eliminate dandruff and combat itchy scalp.
- It is also a great remedy for sore throat when diluted with water.
The ten “superfoods” listed are a must have in any kitchen cabinet. Every one of these foods can be used home remedies for natural healing and should always be available in your home. These ingredients are natural miracle workers which can help you combat many illness and sickness with the least cost possible. However, if your sickness persists, it is advisable for you to visit your doctor.