Whether you are an adult or in your 20s, you will be always dealing with the bags under your eyes. The reasons for their appearance are different, mainly the lack of sleep, so they can make you look older and more tired than usual.
The dark circles under the eyes are also known as puffy eyes. How to get rid of under eyes bags naturally is the main question. You can use a lot of natural ingredients that can help you to remove them and also some cosmetics can help in the removal process.
The puffiness under the eyes does not require medical attention, but still, you have to take some precautions and remove them.
Reasons for the Appearance of Puffy Eyes
The reasons can be several, starting from the skin tissues around the eyes that are sag and weaken that makes the fluid under eyes to accumulate beneath the skin surface and cause the appearance of swelling.
What are the Causes of Puffy Under Eyes?
- Water retention,
- Seasonal allergies or sleeping with the face downwards can be causes of the bags under the eyes.
- Alcohol and drugs can also be some of the factors.
According to the recent research carried out at American Academy of Sleep Medicine, they find out that sleepless can cause puffy eyes and other facial related issues
How to Get rid of Under Eye Bags Naturally?
- First of all, you can take care of the allergies, so when the season comes, the puffiness is inevitable for many people. You can use some essential oils in treating the allergies in order to prevent them before they even start.
- You can also reduce the intake of salt since the salt levels are connected to the blood pressure and the sodium can retain the fluid and lead to the appearance of the pouches under eyes.
- Avoid eating foods that contain high levels of salt, like some of the soups, pizza, etc., and instead, you can eat more vegetables, fruits, and drink more liquids.
- Exercising is another option of how to get rid of under eyes bags naturally, so you will have more energy and your skin will look younger and glowing.
- Making some facial exercises is also recommendable, so the slow exercises on the facial muscles can help in tightening and toning the face.What can I use for Bags Under Eyes?
Home Remedies for Bags Under Eyes
1. Tea Bags
You use a lot of things to remove the eye bags. The eye bag removal can be done via the use of teabags that can help in how to get rid of under eyes bags naturally.
- You can do this by boiling water and put 2 teabags in it.
- Then bob it up and down until they are soaked and then cool them on a plate.
- If you want you can cover the face and the nose with some paper towel, lie down in a comfortable place and place one tea bag on each eye.
- After some time, remove the teabags and things should be better.
- Repeat the process again.
2. The Sleeping Position
The sleeping position can also help in this, so if you are sleeping on the back, the gravity can prevent the fluids to go under your eyes, and if you add an extra pillow under the head can also be an effective solution in getting good sleep.
3. Using Eyes Bag Creams
The dark circles under eyes cream can be also removed with the use of some cosmetic preparations, like the special creams that are intended for that purpose. Mainly those creams hydrate the skin and help in the techniques on how to get rid of under eyes bags natural.
4. Remove the Makeup Before You Go to Bed
Another effective solution on how to get rid of under eyes bags naturally is by removing the makeup before going to bed. This is not just advisable for the puffy eyes, but also for your skin. This way you can also eliminate the irritation around the eyes and prevent a lot of skin issues.
5. Eliminate or Limit the Cigarettes and Alcohol
Since it is commonly known that the alcohol dehydrates the skin and the body, it is recommendable to avoid drinking or smoking. The alcohol can also cause tired and bloodshot eyes, so instead of alcohol you can drink a lot of water and look younger and refreshed. The smoking dries out the skin, so quitting the cigarettes is another natural way of getting rid of the bags under the eyes.
Placing some cool spoons on the eyes also helps in the prevention or removal of under eyes bags, so practice it from time to time.
6.Witch Hazel For Puffy Eyes
Witch hazel is loaded with astringent that is effective in fighting against redness and swelling. You can just apply it with a cotton ball and allow it to stay for like 5 -7 minutes and before you wash it off. You can do this for 2 weeks consecutively for the better result.
Read Further –Top 13 Witch Hazel Use- Why You Must Have It At Home
7. Cucumber for Under Eyes Bags
Why cucumbers? Well, the answer is simple. Because it works for puffy eyes and it contains very powerful active ingredients, flavonoids, and antioxidants, which helps cure swelling, irritation, and redness of eyes.
How to apply it?
- Just cut fresh cool cucumbers in circles
- Then put it on each eye for about 30-45 minutes.
- Repeat this process for 7 days
8. Reduce Exposure of Your Eyes from UV Rays
We recommend that you should use sunscreen, sunglasses, and caps to protect your body and your face from harsh rays.
Read Further – 9 Best Home Remedies for Sunburn That Work Fast
9.Drink More Water
So anytime you are experiencing puffy eyes or under the eyes bags just try the home remedies listed above. But if you do not see any changes in 2- 3 weeks please consult your doctor.
Please, share your success story of using this home remedies with us by adding a comment on the box below. And share this post with friends and family. Stay Healthy!