Do you want to get rid of lower belly fat and remove that stubborn excess belly fat? Then this post is for you .Excess stomach fat is not only annoying but is also one of the most difficult forms of body fat to get rid of. The fat expands in your abdomen and forms between your organs.
Causes of Lower Belly Fat
Lower belly fat is caused by many factors which may include;
- Consumption of high fat and sugary foods,
- Consuming fizzy drinks like soda regularly,
- Eating very late at night,
- Excessive consumption of alcohol,
- Genetics, structure and age.
Losing lower belly fat may be a little bit difficult, but not impossible. For some people, when they decide to lose some body fat, they lose it while others find it more difficult. Read on for some tips on how to get rid of lower belly fat fast.
How to Get Rid of Lower Belly Fat Fast and Permanently
You need to make certain changes to your lifestyle to get rid of lower belly fat. Incorporating exercises and a healthy diet into your daily routine will help you remove belly fat. We have compiled a list of exercises that will help you reduce lower belly fat faster than you thought.
Best Exercises to Lose Lower Belly Fat
1. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
This is a form of cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating between short periods of intense anaerobic exercise and less intense recovery periods. For example, running as fast as you can for one minute and then working for two minutes. Repeat that three minutes interval five times for a 15 minutes HIIT workout.
The HIIT workout will make you burn more calories. Your body continues to burn fat hours after the workout is completed. This is because the HIIT workout kicks your body into overdrive and the effect continues hours after the exercise is over. HIIT burns a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Here’s a sample HIIT exercise you can start with;
- Warm up for 5 minutes by jogging or walking at a slow pace,
- Increase your speed until you are sprinting,
- Continue the sprint for about 60-90 seconds,
- Lower your speed to a fast walk or slow jog and continue for about 60-90 minutes,
- Repeat step 2-4 about six times,
- Cool down by walking at an easy pace for at least 3 minutes.
Your legs are your two greatest fat burners. Running is great because you can virtually do it anywhere. No equipment is needed and no big bucks for workout classes. At an average pace, you can burn up to 600 calories per hour.
However, the more intense and faster you run, the more calories you’ll lose. You can decide to run up hills or do a sprint.
This is one of the fastest ways to lose lower belly fat.You should take cycling serious if you are eager to find out ways on how to get rid of lower belly fat. The bicycle exercise will skyrocket your fat burn and force you to work harder to keep up with and surpass your fellow riders.
When you work out with others doing the spin, you’re more likely to enjoy your sweat session. It’s a simple concept that when you enjoy something, you’re more likely to stick to it long term. Depending on the speed and intensity, the average person can burn between 250-500 calories during a 30-minute ride.
4. Reverse Crunch
Reverse crunch is also a good way to lose some belly fat. No equipment is needed in doing the Reverse Crunch. Crunches are good exercises for strengthening your core muscles.
How to do Reverse Crunches
- Lie your back over a workout mat or any comfortable flat surface.
- Place your hands underneath your head, webbing your fingers together.
- Make sure your legs are in the traditional crunch position, perpendicular to the floor with your knees at a right angle.
- You must keep your knees together all through the routine.
- Press your lower back into the floor and pull in your belly button to lift your feet off the ground.
- Contracting your abdomen, pull your knees into your chest so that your tailbone raises off the ground.
- At the same time, perform a traditional crunch, lifting your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Use your abs to lift your head and shoulders. Do not use your hands.
- Slowly lower your back in a downward position.
- Do not slam your body back down.
- Repeat the movement and increase momentum.
5. Lunge Twist
The Lunge Twist is a workout for beginners who want to learn how to get rid of lower belly fat fast.
How to do the Lunge Twist
- Begin by standing with your legs hip-width apart.
- Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Raise your hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders while keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg, and sit on a chair with your knees at a 90-degree angle with the floor.
- The left leg should be positioned backward, supported by the toes.
- Do not bend your spine forward. Keep them straight.
- Twist your torso to the right and then to the left.
- Ensure you do not twist your legs.
- Repeat for about 15 times.
6. Cardio Exercises
In addition to the earlier listed cardio exercises (running, cycling), walking, jogging and swimming are also excellent tips on how to get rid of lower belly fat. If you’re not comfortable with running, try jogging or walking at a steady pace of 30-60 minutes for about 4-5 day each week. Also, swimming is also an excellent fat burning exercise. If you want to more examples of lower belly fat burning cardio exercise then this post is for you: Best cardio exercises for fat burning at home.
The strokes you chose should be fast and strenuous. With Cardio exercises, you not only burn belly fat, you will also lose body fat.
Best Diets to Lose Lower Belly(Pooch) Fat
The best way to get rid of your lower belly fat is to stick to a strict diet that incorporates nutritious quantities of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. The consumption of certain foods can help you get rid of belly fat naturally.
Here are 5 food categories that will aid you on your quest to burn off lower belly fat.
1. Fiber-Rich Foods
Asides from helping you to build less visceral fat over time, fibre rich foods also reduce the risk of stroke, hypertension and heart diseases. Fiber-rich foods include beans, peas, broccoli, oatmeal, avocados, blackberries etc. It is recommended to eat 10 grams of soluble fibre per day as it will help you achieve your lower belly fat loss goal.
2. Foods Containing Protein
Protein keeps you satisfied and takes a longer time to digest. This is because protein molecules are long chains with strong links that are difficult to break down, thereby making the whole process more time-consuming.
In addition to helping you lose belly fat, protein also increases your muscle mass and strength. Examples of protein-rich foods are eggs, almonds, oats, cottage cheese, tuna etc.
Hot foods can be a very high temperature and spicy, thereby taking you longer to eat. Also, hot foods that contain fiber and water content such as oatmeal gives you the impression of being full.
Cayenne Peppers are also good examples because they are spicy and are believed to increase metabolism.
4. Foods High in Water Content
These foods take up more space in the gut, signaling the body that you’ve eaten enough. Many fruits and vegetables such as watermelon, berries, grapefruits, oranges, apple, lettuce, tomato, cabbage, kale etc are good examples. Fruits and vegetables are also good sources of fiber and many other nutrients.
5. Foods that Increase Metabolism
These foods promote weight loss by intensifying the internal heat of the body and fat oxidation. Cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar are good examples.
Do you want to lose weight and lower belly pooch fast? Then try this apple cider vinegar weight loss diet to make your fat go away in 2 weeks- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink Recipe ( Honey, Cinnamon, and Lemon) for Fat Burning – Drink this Early in the Morning and Before Going to Bed at Night
Posts You Need To Read:
- 14 Quick Tips on How To Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast without Exercise
- Best Homemade Belly Fat Slimming Detox Recipe
- 7 Best Yoga Exercises for Weight Loss & Flat Belly
- 10 Minute Abs Workout Routine At Home -10 Intense Flat Stomach Exercise
- How to Get a Flat Stomach in a Week Fast and Maintain It
Foods to Avoid to Keep Belly Fat Away
As you embrace certain foods, you must also abstain from some in order to maintain a streamlined waistline and keep a flat belly. These categories contain the worst foods for packing on belly fat;
1. Refined Grains
Refined grains have gone through a refinement process that removes nutritional values and makes the consumer less full. These include white bread, white rice, and carb-loaded snacks.
2. Sugary Drinks
In addition to being the silent villain of fat gain, sugary drinks are a danger to your body health. They increase the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
3. Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
These types of oil are loaded with trans fats, which adds no nutritional value to the body. If you’re serious about ways on how to get rid of lower body fat, you should avoid hydrogenated vegetable oil. Olive oil and other sources of healthy fats can be consumed in moderation instead.
4. Saturated Fats from Animal Products
While slightly more nutritional than trans-fat, saturated fat from meat and dairy products can still result in unwanted body fat. You only need a small amount of it to benefit from its nutritional value.
Avoid consuming them in large quantities. Examples include fatty cuts of meat, butter, cream and whole milk.
Excessive consumption of alcohol makes the liver work hard on filtering it out and forgets about burning off fat. Take alcohol in moderate quantities.
There are no miracles in how to get rid of lower belly fat. Making changes to your lifestyle are a must if you want to get rid of that stubborn. A healthy diet combined with a string of appropriate exercises will do the trick. Commit to it and save your body from some serious health issues.