Home remedies for weight loss – Are you worried about your body weight or interested in knowing the best way to lose belly fat? Or better still maybe you are stay-at-home mom looking for how to lose weight at home? Then this post is for you!
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), 33% of Americans are overweight (BMI over 25), 36% are obese (BMI over 30) and 6% are extremely obese (BMI over 40). Everyone wants to lose excess weight and belly fat to look good and feel comfortable. Also, getting rid of the excess weight and belly fat is quite beneficial to your overall health. It also reduces the risk of protracting serious sickness.
Belly fat has a serious effect on your long-term health. It not only gives you an awful look but even a small amount of belly fat can lead to a variety of health problems. Belly fat is the visceral fat that is in your stomach. Visceral fat is different from other types of fat because it is stored in the internal organs even around the heart.
It is also metabolized differently than other fats. It produces excess hormones and chemicals that affect almost every organ. The visceral fat can cause many health challenges including:
Causes of Body Fat and Belly Fat
It is important that you understand the causes of excess weight and belly fat before we discuss some of the Home remedies for weight loss and belly fat. Some of the causes of extra weight and belly fat include:
- Trans fats
- Low protein diets
- Excess consumption of fruit juice
- Low-fiber diets
- Frequent consumption of sugary foods and beverages
- Heavy alcohol consumption
A lot of people consider exercise to be the best way to lose body fat. However, there a few easy home remedies for weight loss and belly fat.
12 HOME REMEDIES FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND BELLY FAT NATURALLY
Here are 12 of such effective Home remedies for weight loss and belly fat. Follow these easy and quick weight loss remedies to reduce your belly fat naturally.
1. ADD COCONUT OIL TO YOUR DIET
Coconut oil has a lot of health benefits. Although coconut oil is a fat itself, it is very useful for losing belly fat. It contains unique healthy fatty acid known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which is used by your body as an energy source. Interestingly, coconut oil is thermogenic, so it helps your body burn fat.
How to Use Coconut Oil:
- Do not add coconut oil to the oils that you already use.
- You should replace your cooking oils with coconut oil.
- Consume 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day for best results, more than that can hinder the results.
2. DRINK GREEN TEA DAILY
Daily consumption of Green tea is one of the effective home remedies for weight loss and belly fat. A study at Penn State revealed that epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a compound found in green tea, helps slow down weight gain by limiting fat absorption and increasing the body’s ability to use fat.
Drink about 3 to 4 cups of green tea daily to combat obesity. You can also combine it with cayenne pepper or ginger tea. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that do wonders for the body. Green tea improves brain function and memory, and also fat loss.
- Steep 1 green tea bag in a mug of boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
- You can add honey for a sweetener.
- The best time to drink green tea is before meals. See Next: Best 5 Herbal Tea Benefits for Weight Loss Recipe
3. STAY AWAY FROM CHEMICAL SUGAR
Consume sugar only in its natural form as found in fruits. Sweets, ice creams, sugar beverages, carbonated drinks and the likes contain harmful sugar and it is advisable to stay away from them. They increase your body fat, especially around your abdomen and thighs.
4. DRINK A LOT OF WATER EVERYDAY
Looking for the best way to lose belly fat? Drink a lot of water throughout the day every day. Water is one of the most effective natural Home remedies for weight loss and body fat. Drinking 8 glasses of water each day at regular intervals aids your digestion, boosts your metabolism and also removes toxins from the body. See More –Detox Diet:10 Best Detox Cleanse Diet for Weight Loss At Home
If you don’t drink enough water, your body will hold onto water. This can cause water weight on your body, which looks the same as fat and causes bloating.
Lastly, it is advisable not to drink water immediately after taking your meal. Drinking water after the meal can make your stomach fat. Drink water 1 hour after every meal to prevent belly fat.
5. USE CAYENNE PEPPER IN YOUR MEAL PREPARATIONS
Cayenne pepper is great for weight loss. It boosts your body metabolism which in turn helps you burn fat. It contains a compound called capsaicin that stimulates your body to burn fat and increase energy. In addition, it stimulates digestion and suppresses excess appetite caused by low absorption of nutrients in the body.
According to research from Purdue University claim; spicing up your daily healthy diet with some cayenne pepper can reduce your appetite
How to use Cayenne Pepper:
- Make cayenne pepper tea by pouring a glass of hot water over cayenne pepper (start with 1/10 of a teaspoon or just a dash of cayenne pepper and gradually increase its quantity to 1 teaspoon).
- Squeeze the juice from half a lemon in it.
- Drink this tea regularly at least for 1 month.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of lemon juice and maple syrup in 10 ounces of water (1 glass contains 8 ounces).
- Stir in a dash of cayenne pepper and drink it.
- Use cayenne pepper and other spices, such as ginger, black pepper, and mustard seeds, generously in your meal preparations.
6. DRINK GINGER TEA
Ginger tea is known for its ability to improve digestion. It is also one of the popular home remedies for weight loss and belly fat. It is a great thermogenic which means ginger increases the body temperature and thus makes weight loss an even faster process.
Ginger also suppresses the production of cortisol, which is a stress hormone. Stress causes weight gain, so ginger helps prevent this. Drinking ginger tea daily can really help with losing belly fat.
How to Make Ginger Tea:
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger, and turn off the heat.
- Place the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next, pour the tea into a mug, and then add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 lemon juice and sweetener, and mix.
- At night before bedtime is a great time to drink this tea. Read Next – Master The Art of Using Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss With These Simple Tips
7. DRINK LEMON WATER TO LOSE BELLY FAT
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for weight loss and belly fat. It helps improve digestion and aids in detoxification of your liver. Healthy digestion is an important pre-requisite for weight loss as it helps your body get the nutrients required to burn fat. Also, it improves metabolism by removing toxins from your body that slow it down.
How to Make It:
- Mix 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper powder in 1 glass of water.
- Alternatively, you can simply have a cup of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- The best time to drink lemon water is right in the morning before drinking or eating anything else.
8. ALOE VERA IS IMPORTANT
Just in case you have been searching for ways to lose weight at home, consumption of Aloe vera is useful in achieving this. Aloe Vera stimulates metabolism, increases energy consumption, and mobilizes unused fat in the body. It contains natural collagen proteins that make the body work harder in order to absorb the proteins. In addition, it helps remove toxins from the digestive system.
How to Make It:
- Take 2 fresh Aloe Vera leaves, peel them, and scoop out the pulp.
- Put it in a blender along with 1 cup of citrus juice, such as orange or grapefruit juice, or simply water.
- Blend it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drink this daily for at least 1 month.
9. EAT MORE GARLIC
Garlic prevents weight gain because it stops your pre-fat cells from converting into actual fat cells. Raw garlic is especially beneficial for weight loss.
Garlic is considered to be very good for your health, it is a true Superfood. It is amazing for your cardiovascular system because it reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
How to Make Garlic Infused Honey:
- What you will need is 3-4 heads of garlic, 1 cup of raw honey, and a small mason jar.
- Start by separating the heads of garlic into individual cloves.
- Don’t peel the cloves, just remove the outer layer.
- Fill the jar with the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Then slowly pour honey over the cloves.
- Use a spoon to make sure there aren’t any air bubbles.
- Make sure that all of the cloves are covered with honey, and then put the lid on.
- Allow the honey to infuse for a few days in the fridge or at room temperature.
- After it’s done, take a spoonful of the garlic infused honey each day on an empty stomach. Read Now – 10 Best DIY Infused Water Recipes for Weight Loss and Health Benefits
10. LOSE BELLY FAT WITH FISH OIL
Fish oil is a fatty acid that is derived from the tissues of oily fish. It contains lots of omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA and DHA which are very important for your health.
Fish oil promotes healthy cholesterol levels, it boosts your mood and energy levels, and it helps to maintain strong bones. The acids in fish oil also help in breaking down fat while reducing fat storage around your waistline.
How to Take It:
- It is recommended to take around 6 grams of fish oil a day, which is around 1 tablespoon of fish oil.
- Alternatively, you can eat fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines, and mackerel which are the most well-known fish recognized for their high-concentrations of healthy fatty acids that help burn belly fat. See More – 7 Best Yoga Exercises for Weight Loss & Flat Belly
11. LOSE BELLY FAT WITH CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds are an amazing way to get more omega 3 fatty acids in your diet. If you are a vegetarian or vegan and don’t eat fish, chia seeds are something you should be consuming.
Chia seeds are also high in antioxidants, calcium, iron, and lots of fiber too.
How to Eat Them:
- Try consuming at least 1 tablespoon of chia seeds a day.
- You can easily add them to your smoothies, cereal, or oatmeal.
- You can also make chia seed pudding with some water or non-dairy milk for a filling and healthy snack.
12. EAT MORE BERRIES AND NUTS
Eating more berries and nuts (especially Almonds) is one of the most helpful home remedies for weight loss and belly fat.
Almonds may contain fats but at the same time, they are also a powerhouse of vitamin E, magnesium, protein, and fiber. Almonds contain mono-saturated fats that help reduce Body Mass Index (BMI) and increase your metabolism thus helping you lose weight faster.
Bonus –APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with a lot of health benefits that can help you get rid of body fat fast. If you want to know how to use this miracle drink for weight loss.
The Home remedies for weight loss and belly fat given above are all natural ways of reducing weight from the belly. These remedies surely help in quick weight loss and belly fat. As long as you adhere to them diligently, expect quick weight loss and that perfect body shape you have always dreamed of.
Now you that you are aware of these 12 natural home remedies to reduce weight and belly fat, be kind enough to share with your friends and family who might need this information as well.