Apple cider vinegar is an extremely useful drink to have around at home. It can be used as a skin and hair care product, as a safe and harmless multi-purpose cleaner, and as an ingredient for some of your recipes. And most importantly it can be used for weight loss.So you have more than enough reasons to have this product in your kitchen.
But, if you want to make sure that the quality of the apple cider vinegar is a superior one, then you should learn how to make apple cider vinegar at home. It is not a complicated process.t will give you the certainty that you used clean and high-quality ingredients for obtaining a natural product. Keep reading below and find out what ingredients you need and what the steps you should follow are to get homemade apple cider vinegar.
Keep reading below and find out what ingredients you need and what the steps you should follow are to get homemade apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is very easy to make and the ingredients are extremely cheap. You can prepare it throughout the year, due to the fact that you can find the needed ingredients all the time. Just do have in mind that in the warm season, the fermentation process that will produce the vinegar takes less time than the cold season. This is because of more elevated air temperature.
So, in the cold season, all you need is some extra patience, that’s all. And don’t worry, there are visible signs that your vinegar is ready. So when it comes to learning how to make apple cider vinegar there’s no way you’re going to do this wrong.
How to Prepare Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss Easily
List of Ingredients and Tools
Apples; the number of apples depends on how many apple pieces can fit in the jar you choose for the making of the vinegar.
It is worth knowing that apple cider vinegar can be made by using apple scraps as well, such as apple peels and cores; this is a great way to value these scraps in case you need the apple pulp to make applesauce, pie, or anything else.
Sugar; you will need about one tablespoon of sugar for each cup of water you will use.
A plate or weight to use in order to keep the apples from floating and the jar covered;
Cheesecloth; for filtering the apple cider vinegar from the apple pieces once the fermentation is completed.
A rubber band; for cheeping the cheesecloth in place.
The Steps You Need to Have in Mind When Learning How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar
- Clean and sterilize the jar you are about to use, making sure it is completely dry before you start the process.
- Thoroughly wash the apples and cut them into small pieces, placing them inside the jar. If you use apple scraps, they may need just a little rinse, in case you didn’t use them right away.
- Add one tablespoon of sugar to a cup of water, mix until the sugar dissolves and pour the mixture into the jar, over the chopped apples. Repeat this until you manage to fill the jar with water so that the apples are completely submerged or the water is close to the edge of the jar’s mouth.
- In case your apples are floating even so, use a small weight or plate to keep them pressed and submerged in the liquid. A plate will work best because it keeps the content protected from any dust and debris that may accidentally get inside.
So, How do you preserve apple cider?
- Then place the jar in a place that is warm and dark as well. Your pantry, for instance, will work great as a storage room. The glass will have stay in there for the following 2 to 3 weeks.
- Bubbles will start to appear once the fermentation process begins.
- Many people that learn how to make apple cider vinegar panic when they see a foamy white substance forming at the top of the jar. Do have in mind that this is a normal occurrence, being a sign that good bacteria are taking care of the process, so this foam is not a bad sign. Also, it can be removed before filtering the vinegar, so don’t worry about it. The truth is that the apple cider vinegar we find in stores is clearer because it lacks this content of bacteria, which are incredibly useful for our health, so this should be one of the reasons you should start getting the hang of how to make apple cider vinegar at home.
- After approximately 3 weeks, but no longer, you’ll need to filter the entire content of the jar by using a cheesecloth and get rid of the apple pieces. Once the liquid is clean, put it back in the same jar and cover it again, with a piece of paper or the cheesecloth, and leave it there for 4 to 6 more weeks.
- Meanwhile, you will have to stir the liquid periodically, using a spoon made out of wood or plastic that was formerly cleaned. It is not recommended using metal tools as they may contaminate your vinegar.
- After the passing of 4 weeks, you can start to taste the vinegar to check on its acidity. From this point on, you can choose to allow it to get more acidic or not, according to your personal preferences.
- When the apple cider vinegar reaches the taste and acidity you like, you can put it in a bottle that can be closed with a lid and begin using it.
Do you want to know how to you Apple Cider for Weight loss? Then read this post Apple Cider Vinegar for Fast Weight Loss and Benefits