Good Upper Body Gym Exercises for Females- The female folk has some disadvantage when it comes to building the upper body. However, you can overcome this disadvantage with good upper body gym exercises female can perform. If you are one who thinks that a sexy booty and gorgeous glams are all a lady can wish for, then it’s time to change your perception.
Many public personalities including Cameron Diaz, Michelle Obama, and a host of others have impressed us with their rocking delts and enviable biceps (1). You must workout for your upper body if you want to build a stronger, healthy-looking, and sexy body.
Most women believe that good upper body gym exercises females can do will make them look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. However, nothing can be farther than the truth. These good upper gym exercises females will sculpt your shoulders, back, and arms. They will also help in preventing your breasts from sagging.
If you want a strengthened upper body, and an accentuated beauty, then this upper body workout is for you (2). Be rest assured, these exercises will not make you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger. The female body system only produces one-tenth of the male testosterone. You can find the good upper body gym exercises females do.
The Best Upper Body Gym Exercises For Females
These good upper body gym exercises females will work your arms, back, shoulders and your chest. They will sculpt your muscles, make you stronger, and make you look more good-looking. If you’ve been searching for an upper body workout for arms or upper body workout for abs, then this article is for you.
1.Bent Over Front Raise
The “bent over front raises” are good upper body gym exercises females can do. Most ladies swear that the exercise gives them toned arms and a sexy back.
This exercise works your shoulders, upper back, lower back, biceps, and triceps. Below is a direction on how to do the “bent over front raise”.
- Begin by squatting as low as you can, then rise up without you curling your back.
- Grab a dumbbell in each your hand. Make sure those hands are extended directly in front of you.
- Now raise your arms up and bring the dumbbells overhead. You must not change your posture, and ensure your elbows are not bent.
- You can now bring your arms back down.
- Repeat this movement for about 12-15 counts.
2. Overhead Press
The overhead press exercise is great as it targets your shoulders and your upper back in general. This exercise is performed with a dumbbell.
- Begin by standing upright and engaging your core. Ensure your shoulder blades are rolled back.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells in your hands and push your arms in a straight line as the shoulders. Now bend the arms at the elbow and make sure your head is parallel to your forearms.
- Raise those dumbbells overhead.
- Take them back to the starting position.
- Perform 15 presses.
3. Chest Press
The chest press is an upper body training exercise that will work your chest muscles. Your shoulders and triceps are also put to work when performing this exercise. It is done using a dumbbell.
- Begin by lying on the bench and grabbing a pair of dumbbell in your hands. Make sure your feet are flat on the floor.
- Now push those dumbbells up and ensure your arms ate placed directly over the shoulders. Let your palms be also facing up.
- Bring your abdominals in and bend your chin towards your chest.
- Move the dumbbells down to your side until your elbows are below your shoulders.
- Roll your shoulder up and down, as if pinching them, and accentuating your chest together at the same time.
- Push those dumbbells back up, and make sure you don’t lock your elbows. Your shoulder blades should also not rise from the bench.
4. Pushup On Ball
The traditional push-up is arguably the most popular workout and it offers so many benefits. Now, imagine doing this traditional pushup on a stability ball. It completely tones your upper body and gives you a sexy look.
- Use a stability ball and assume a pushup position. Make sure your hands are under your shoulders with your feet placed on the ball.
- Breathe out, bend your elbows, and slowly lower yourself to the floor.
- Now breathe in, and raise your chest slowly to the starting position.
- Do 15 reps
- 10 Best Exercises to Get Rid of Muffin Top & Side Fat Really Fast at Home
- 6 Best Exercises for Hips, Thighs, and Legs Pain Relief
- 7 Best Cardio Workouts at Home – For Quick Weight Loss and Belly Fat Burning
- HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WHILE PREGNANT AND STAY HEALTHY
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days: 7 Best Weight Loss Diet Tips
5. Bicep Curl
This is a beginner level exercise that will increase the muscle endurance and strength of your upper arms. Your body uses the bicep muscles every day as a secondary muscle in almost every activity that involves the upper body’s muscle group. It is important to train this muscle to help you in everyday activity.
- Begin by standing with your feet at a hip distance apart and your arms fully extended. Also, make sure your elbows are slightly bent.
- Now, bring the dumbbells in towards your shoulders.
- Slowly, lower back to the starting position.
- Perform 15 Reps
6. Bench Dip with Stability Ball
The bench dip is an intermediate level exercise that makes use of your body weight to add strength to your triceps. This exercise can be hard on your shoulders so you should be careful when performing it.
- Begin by placing your feet on a stability ball.
- Now place your palms on the bench and make sure your fingers are facing front. The bottom should also be lifted off the bench.
- Breathe out and slowly bend your elbows to lower your hips.
- Breathe in, stretch out your arms and brings your hips to starting position.
- Perform 15 reps.
7. Dumbbell Punches
These dumbbell punches are good upper body gym exercises females do. It can serve as your warm-up exercise as it works all your arm’s muscle and prepares them for the day ahead. The dumbbell presses also serve as a cardio move that helps heat up your body. Follow the directions below to perform the dumbbell punches.
- Begin by lifting a pair of dumbbells in each hand.
- Bring your hands up towards your shoulders with your elbows at your side.
- Alternatively, punch a dumbbell out as you straighten your elbow.
- Perform this for about 1-2 minutes.
8. Triceps Kickbacks
The triceps kickbacks will help to give you beautiful triceps. It eliminates the fat that gets joined together around your triceps. If you want to look good in those sexy tanks, then triceps kickbacks is a must for you.
- Begin by standing upright and holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Bend your right knee a little and bring the right leg forward. Your right foot should carry most of your weight.
- Make sure your back leg is still straight.
- Slightly tilt forward and put your right hand on your right knee.
- Ensure your left hand is bent beside you with your elbows pointing backwards.
- Now straighten your elbow and kick the left dumbbell back.
- Return it back to make 0ne rep.
- Perform 12-15 reps
- Repeat movement on the other arm.
9. Upright Rows
The upright row opens up your chest and targets the fat on your back. These good upper body gym exercises females can do will tone your upper body and give you a sexy look. Follow the directions below to do the upright rows.
- Begin by standing with your knees slightly bent.
- Make sure you lean forward and keep your back straight.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells, one in each hand, just at your front.
- Lift the dumbbells up as if you are pulling to come to you.
- Pull until you fell the dumbbells near your chest, with your elbows at a straight line with the shoulders.
- Push the dumbbells back down to make one rep.
- Perform 15 reps.
Chin-ups are good upper body gym exercises females do. This fantastic exercise will give strength to your whole upper body. The chin-up exercise works on your shoulders, triceps, biceps, chest, obliques, lats, and abs. Follow the instruction below to do this exercise.
- Begin by standing upright under a bar.
- Hold this bar and make sure your arms are at a shoulder-width apart and your palms facing you.
- Soften your knees, engage your core, put your leg over each other, and assume a hanging position from the bar.
- Now pull yourself up until you feel your chin touching the bar.
- Come back up slowly and place your feet gently on the ground.
- Repeat this movement for about 5 times.
- To increase the difficulty, gradually increase the number of times you do the chin-ups.
- 9 Full Body Strength Training Workouts – Increase Stamina and Endurance
- Best Exercises to Lose Upper Thigh Fat Fast in 7 Days
- HOW TO LOSE INNER THIGH FAT- IT IS EASY IF YOU DO THESE
- Lower Ab Exercises: Reduce Belly Pooch And Get Flat Tummy Fast
- 12 BEST HOME REMEDIES FOR WEIGHT LOSS & BELLY FAT- LOSE WEIGHT NATURALLY & SAFELY
- Chest Workout Routine for Mass – 10 Best Chest Workout for Men
- Ab Workouts for Women at Home -10 Killer Ripped ab Exercises
- Weight Loss Meal Plan- 7 Days GM Diet Plan for Quick Weight Loss
Believe it or not, but working on your upper body does not lead to a muscular built woman. Instead, it just makes you stronger, fit and having a sexy looking body. The above good upper body gym exercises for females are your best bet at getting that your desired shape.
It’s time to grab your kit and hit the gym. Put your body to work to get that sexy looking upper body.