Ginger Water Recipe for Weight Loss– Ginger is a very common ingredient which is available everywhere. You can find ginger in most Indian kitchens. It helps in digestion of food and is a great ingredient to aid apt digestion. According to the earliest practice of Ayurveda, eating and drinking ginger water for weight loss and body fats can help to keep your weight under control.
Researchers have also confirmed this. The researchers concluded that ginger for weight loss suppresses obesity induced by a high-fat diet and it might be a promising adjuvant therapy for the treatment of obesity and its complications (1).You can control your body weight by drinking and eating the ginger root.
Its impact to help you feel full such that you properly digest your food contribute to the weight loss.
In a recent research where overweight rats are used as experiments for the study. These rats are given a compound found in ginger called gingerol on a regular basis.
The end results were surprising since the rats were able to lose weight only after 30 days of gingerol consumption. Besides that, the rats also had lower blood sugar and leptin levels. Leptin is a compound that plays a very important role. It is also very important if you want to lose the excess weight (2).
Health Benefits of Ginger
- It helps in proper digestion and therefore helps to prevent constipation.
- Ginger is a common kitchen ingredient for various recipes for cooking.
- It helps to treat morning sickness and nauseate.
- You can eat it raw or powdered.
- Ginger helps mostly in the treatment of cold and cough.
- It helps in reducing blood sugar levels.
- It lowers cholesterol levels.
Lose 10 Pounds Fast: Ginger Water for Weight Loss, Detox, and Flat Belly
Consuming ginger water for weight loss will not provide you with a quick weight loss. The changes will be a gradual process, but hopefully a permanent one. A lot of people have been using ginger as a spice and herbal medicine since ancient times.
There are many weight loss drinks that help to lose weight and belly fat e.g. Ginger water, lemon water, infused water etc. Each weight loss drink should not be on a regular basis without consulting a doctor.
Although, there are many weight-loss recipes, drinking ginger water is the easiest way to lose weight and excess fat built on your thighs, hips, and waist. The process of making it is very simple and easy.
This article focuses on how to lose weight and body fats with ginger water recipe. Ginger water is a healthy weight loss drink recipe and it works well when it is a mixture of ginger, lemon, and honey. These are dominant ingredients that are supplements to make it an effective drink in aiding weight loss. Lemon helps in cleansing our body of toxins. A mixture of lemon and honey in this drink will help to free our body from toxins.
Ginger Water for Weight Loss Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 10-12 small pieces of ginger (ginger peeled and finely chopped into small pieces)
- 1 glass of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
Method of Preparation
- In a saucepan, add a glass of water.
- Add the chopped ginger pieces and allow the water to boil.
- Once the water boils, let it cook for 5 minutes with the lid covering it. The ginger flavor then absorbs into the water. Covering with a lid stops the oils and medicinal compounds from escaping through the steam.
- Turn off the flame.
- Allow it to reach a cool temperature. Excessive heat will destroy the benefits of honey.
- Strain the ginger water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and stir well.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon extract to the ginger water and stir well.
- Ginger water for weight loss drink is then ready.
- Take this drink 2 or 3 times daily between meals. It will help to fight belly fat.
- Follow a proper diet with eating small meals and exercise for better results in quick weight loss.
- Enjoy your weight loss drink and see the results in few weeks.
The Health Benefits of Drinking Ginger Water
Asides ginger water being good for weight loss, tits root is also beneficial for many other health issues. Although, people consider ginger as a treatment for discomfort in digestion. Besides getting rid of your belly fat, ginger will also generally help you with your weight maintenance.
Overeating, changes in hormonal behavior and low energy which leads to lack of exercise are some of the factors that contribute to belly fat accumulation. However, drinking ginger water for weight loss can help end these factors.
You will stop the urge to overeat due to the ability to make you feel full. Your immune system and metabolism will be out of balance with the hormonal changes and chronic stress. This can then have a negative effect on your blood cortisol levels.
An article published in the Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin in 2014 observed that ginger suppresses cortisol production. Once you have increased cortisol levels, you will have especially hard time to lose your belly fat. Because the increase in levels of cortisol causes weight gain (3).
One major benefit of ginger water for weight loss is its ability to boost your energy levels, both physically and mentally, due to its sharp and distinctive flavor. There are several other benefits which are:
- Eases nausea relief
- It has anti-inflammatory effects
- Ginger is a powerful antioxidant
- It Prevents cancer
Ginger for weight loss is beneficial for relieving nausea. It also helps to prevent seasickness. Ginger helps to treat the vomiting associated with a range of conditions such as chemotherapy and pregnancy. According to a study published in Support Care Cancer in July 2012, nausea caused by the severe chemotherapy in cancer patients are being reduced by the use of ginger water daily.
Drinking ginger water helps to decrease inflammation, joint swelling and suppress pain. These happen by conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatism is another benefit from drinking ginger water. It has been proven scientifically that ginger contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Even though this takes a lot of time, they finally proved that ginger for weight loss is a strong anti-inflammatory agent.
Ginger is rich in antioxidants. Your body stays protected with the help of antioxidants against the damage caused by free radicals. As you may know by now, the free radicals are molecules that cause damage to your healthy cells.
According to an article published in a Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in July 2010. This study was on the composition and antioxidant power of ginger. The study shows that the fresh and dried ginger contain strong antioxidants.
- How To Get Rid of Belly Fat Fast without Exercise -14 Quick Tips
- Protein Shakes for Weight Loss 5 Healthy Best Meal Replacement
- Master The Art of Using Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss With These Simple Tips
- How to Lose Weight in 10 Days Incredibly Easy Method That Works For All
- How to Lose Weight with PCOS and Insulin Resistance Naturally
Protection against Cancer
If you want to prevent and inhibit cancer growth, all you should do is drink ginger water. This helps to kill and decrease the spread of cancer. And also the substances causing cancer in the body due to its richness in antioxidants.
According to the British Journal of Nutrition in February 2012, consumption of ginger for weight loss can slow the spread of certain cancers due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This proves that the ginger water recipe is extremely helpful for cancer prevention.
Consuming ginger to lose weight will not provide you with a quick weight loss. It will take a gradual process, but hopefully a permanent change in weight size. Be patient and allow for better outcome. Sometimes losing just one pound a week and not re-gaining it afterward, can be the real success.
Lemon mixed with ginger is extremely beneficial for weight loss. If you want to increase your ginger intake, use it as a spice for your meals. Do not limit the ginger consumption. Cooking ginger for a short period of time enhances its health benefits. It has an amazing taste and you will not have to mix it with other ingredients to change its flavor.