Partner yoga is a beautiful and interesting way to bring people together; partner, friends, and lovers. The word “yoga” on its own means to unite. Yoga helps to unite your mind, body, and spirit. However, you can take this up a notch by using yoga to unite yourself with your friend, family or loved ones. This is why yoga poses for two people has increased in popularity in recent times.
Yoga poses for two people helps to improve intimacy. It also helps to build stronger communication in any kind of relationship, whether it is with your friend, lover or family. The partner yoga definitely brings about the union of two people.
This article is for those that want to improve their yoga practice, their ability to connect with their loved ones, get more flexible and lose weight. Read on for the 7 best and easy yoga poses for two people.
Benefits of Yoga Poses for 2 Person
There are so much to gain from these yoga poses for two people. A partner yoga practice can add so many benefits to both partners. Below are some of our favorite reason for placing our palms to those of our favorite partners;
You Get to Create experiences Together with Your Loved ones
Partner yoga is not only beautiful, it is also entertaining. It is an entertaining experience you’re sharing with your partner that both of you will probably remember forever. This is a perfect alternative to that holiday trip you might have been thinking about for some cool adventures. Though it might appear too serious at first, these partner poses for two people is actually fun. It will help you build a solid and long-lasting relationship.
It Helps to Build Trust
What better way to build trust than in partner yoga? Your ability to trust yourself deepens only when you learn how to trust another person. Are you willing to take the risk to trust that your partner will always catch you? Will you trust your partner to aid and support you in your movement? This is what partner yoga helps you build. It helps to build trust and support between partners.
- We Experience the Power of Touch in Another Dimension
Just like in a relationship, touching is an integral aspect of the partner yoga. That feeling of touch means something different to everyone. Some might find it empowering while it might seem intimidating at first for others. Partner yoga allows us to realize how we are reacting to our partner’s touch. It helps us to increase the awareness of each other.
You Live only in the Present
Do you know that feeling when you just let go of all the problems weighing you down? Yoga poses for two people gives you the opportunity to only live in the present. There is no worry about all the unfinished work at the office, lost opportunities and other drama that you have been enduring on a daily basis. You just live in the moment with your partner. It’s such a wonderful feeling.
Yoga Helps in Weight Loss
One of the effects of yoga poses for two people is that it aids in weight loss. You use virtually your whole body muscles when you twist and turn with your partner. This will make you very likely to lose belly fat, work your muscles and increase the rate of your metabolism. Don’t forget the fun you’re still going to have when doing this.
7 Easy Yoga Poses For Two People- Challenge Partner, Friends, and Lovers
It’s time to get right down to it. Here are 7 easy yoga poses for two people you can do with your partner.
Before you proceed with any of these yoga poses, make sure both you and your partner do a gentle warm-up sequence. Also, be sure to always communicate how things feel within your body to your partner.
Now you can go ahead with these easy yoga poses for two people.
1. Seated Twist
The seated twist pose allows you and your partner to deviate a little bit from your daily relationship routine of moving in the same direction. Who says things can’t be fun when you and your partner get a little twist together in opposite directions?
How to do the Seated Twist
- Begin by sitting on the floor with your back touching your partner’s back and your legs crossed in front of you.
- Breathe in and bring your arms overhead, then breathe out and twist to your right.
- As you twist, bring the right hand to the inside of your partner’s left knee and also your left hand to the outside of your own right knee.
- Your partner should also do exactly what you are doing.
- Both of you should stay in this position for about 5-7 breaths.
- Ensure you twist to both sides.
2. Boat Pose
The Boat Pose is another easy yoga pose that you can do with your partner. The routine requires exactly the same moves from you and your partner. It is a deeply stretching pose that is easy to perform with great results. Follow the guide below to perform the boat pose with your partner.
How to do the Boat Pose
- Begin by sitting down facing your partner.
- Make sure there is a distance of about 3 feet between you and your partner.
- Hold each other’s hands and begin to raise your legs slowly.
- Stretch out the legs until they are straight and make sure the soles of your feet touch.
- Hold this position for a few breaths.
3. Tree Pose
The tree pose is a quick and simple exercise that can help to increase balance, strength and also trust between partners. It is a balance pose that will boost your focus and confidence. Follow the guide below to perform one of the best yoga poses for two people.
How to do the Tree Pose
- Begin by standing close to your partner and assume a prayer pose position with your hands just in front of your chest.
- Place your weight on the leg closes to your partner and start to lift your outside foot.
- Bring the outside foot to a stop on your thigh or calf.
- Once you get your balance here, you should bring up your inside arms and use your palms to reach for the palms of your partner.
- Now you should also take your outside hands and draw them together at the midline just between both you and your partner’s bodies. Ensure you join your hands together just like prayer hands.
- Then slowly come out of the pose. Make sure you maintain your balance and return your outside foot to the ground.
4. Arching Heart
This is one yoga pose that will help to deepen the relationship between you and your partner. It is a beginner level pose and also one of the best yoga poses for two people. The partners will form a heart-shaped pose that will help to increase the flexibility in the spine. It will also open the chest and shoulders to make you feel love and lightness in your heart.
How to do the Arching Heart Yoga Pose
- Begin by standing in opposite directions with your back facing your partner’s back.
- Let your heels be about 2-3 inches apart from your partner’s.
- Clasp hands and at the same time, also allow the torso and hips to fall forward.
- Your back should arch as you fall forward with your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- By now, you should form the shape of your heart with your partner.
- Hold this position for few breaths.
5. Double Sandwich
If the seated forward fold pose is one of your favorites, then you should try out the double sandwich pose. The double sandwich pose is a beginner level partner yoga pose that takes the seated forward pose to another level. It is definitely an interesting yoga pose you want to perform with your partner.
How to do the Double Sandwich
- Begin by sitting on the floor and also stretch out your legs in front of you. Both partners should stretch out their legs.
- Make sure the bottom of your feet touches those of your partner’s.
- Bend forward and grab the hands of your partner, shoulders or elbows, depending on how flexible you are.
- Use the weight of your partner to pull yourself to the front. Make sure your back is kept straight and folding from your hips.
- Hold this position for about 6-8 breaths.
6. Standing Forward Pose
The standing forward pose is an easy yoga pose that you can perform with your partner. This pose is a simple yet rewarding one as it allows you to connect with your partner. It is an intense stretch and will also allow you take your flexibility to another level. Follow the guide below to perform one of the easiest yoga exercises for two people.
How to do the Standing Forward Pose
- Begin by assuming a mountain pose with your back facing your partner’s back and just a few inches from your partner.
- Breathe in at the same time with your partner and also bring up your arms towards the sky.
- Then breathe out and hinge at the hips and at the same, fold forward.
- Lift your sitting bones upward and also rest your chest on the thighs.
- Hold hands or elbows with your partner depending on your flexibility.
- Maintain this pose for few breaths then come out of it with a hinge at the hips with your core engaged and also your back flat.
- 9 Best Yoga for Depression and Anxiety Panic Attacks Relief
- 7 Easy Best Yoga Poses for Beginners and Back Stretches at Home
- 7 Best Yoga Exercises for Weight Loss; Flat Belly
- Top 8 Yoga Poses You Should Do Every Day at Home for Healthy Living
7. Triple Hill
Here is one of the easiest yoga poses for two people that you can do. It is a very deep stretch pose that will allow you connect with your partner. Follow the guide below to perform the Triple Hill partner yoga pose.
How to do the Triple Hill
- Begin by standing face to face with your partner.
- Raise your hands overhead and also touch your palms together.
- Then slowly walk backward until you feel your foreheads touching.
- Stretch your spines and also take a few breaths.
- Then move your gaze down after a few breaths until your chin touches your torso.
Listed above are 7 easy yoga poses for two people that you can try with your friend, family and also loved ones. These poses will help to deepen communication, intimacy and will also take your relationship to the next level. They are a healthy, challenging and fun way to connect with your partner. The before you leave I will suggest you read this post –Exercises to Make You Better in Bed – Best Workouts to Improve Performance