Easy Ab Workouts for Women at Home – Most women dream of getting sexy flat abs and strong core muscles. Most people have packed a lot of calories in this season and with the holidays coming to an end, it’s time to start getting back into shape.
You might have read a lot of articles and posts on how to tone your midsection. However, you must be aware that not all workouts are suitable for your body.
It is important you adopt a highly effective and efficient workout routine that can help you tone your abs and burn a lot of belly fat.
To help you achieve this, we have compiled 10 best ab exercises to help you tone your stomach.
These exercises work your obliques, lower abs, and upper abs. Follow this exercise routine and the directions religiously to get six pack abs and strong core muscles.
10 Ab Workouts for Women at Home to Lose Belly Fat
1. Abdominal Hold
The abdominal hold is a simple exercise that can look so crooked. You might want to make sure no one sees you doing this exercise, except, of course, that person also does it. This workout helps to tone your abs and you will be grateful if you do this daily.
How to do the Abdominal Hold
- Begin by sitting upright on the edge of a chair, preferably a sturdy chair.
- Put your hands on the edge of the chair and ensure your fingers are pointed towards your knees.
- Then tighten your abs and make sure your toes are 2-4 inches off the floor.
- Now lift your butt off the chair.
- Maintain this position as long as you can. You can opt for about 5-10 minutes.
- Lower yourself to the starting position and repeat the movement.
- Perform this exercise for about 1-2 minutes daily.
2. Side Crunches Abs Workout
Though this can be difficult, the side crunch is a great way to work your obliques and abdominal muscles. They help increase muscle strength in your core.
In addition, side crunches also help to flatten your stomach and increase endurance in your core. If you a looking for a way to give your waist a nice shape, the side crunch is also a very good way to do that. No equipment is needed to perform this exercise.
How to do the Side Crunch
- Begin by taking a kneeling position on the floor.
- Now lean to your right side and place your right palm down on the ground.
- Gently extend your left leg and make sure your toes are pointed. Ensure you keep your weight balanced.
- Then, place your left hand on the back of your head. Your elbows should point toward the ceiling.
- Gently lift your leg to around hip height and at the same time, extend your arm just above your leg.
- Bring the left side of your rib cage closer to your hip.
- Then return to the starting position and repeat the movement for about 6-8 times.
- You can do about 2 sets of 6-8 reps on one side and switch to perform again on the other side.
3. The Hundred Abs Exercise
This workout is a low-intensity Pilates exercise that can help strengthen your abdominal muscles. You also get the added benefit of increased torso stability and improved blood flow.
This exercise does not need any equipment and so can be performed at home. Follow the instruction below to perform one of the best ab workouts for women.
How to do The Hundred
- Begin by sitting tall on a mat and ensure your knees are bent by your chest.
- Put your hands on your sides and lie down on the mat. Your palms must be facing down and your knees still bent.
- Breathe out and bring up your head and shoulders from the mat.
- Now powerfully pump your arms about 6 inches both up and down and reach with your fingertips.
- Then breathe in for 5 pumps and exhale again with the same number of pumps.
- Ensure your chin is curled in toward your chest.
- You can do about 100 pumps.
Keep your abs engaged by making sure your lower back is pressed in toward the floor and your lower abs pulled in towards your spine.
4. Opposite Arm and Ab Leg Raise
The opposite arm and leg raise exercise are one of the best ab workouts for women you can do at home. You can use this exercise as part of your daily warm-up routine.
It will make you last longer and feel seriously balanced. No equipment is needed to perform this routine.
How to do the Opposite Arm and Ab Leg Raise
- Begin on all fours( legs and kneels) on a mat.
- Make sure you align your knees under your hips and your wrists also under your shoulders.
- Now bring up your left arm to your shoulder height and then follow with your left leg to your hip height.
- Hold for about 2-3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat this movement on the other side.
- You can do about 15-20 reps.
5. Prone Ab Plank
The prone plank is one of the popular ab workouts for women that can be performed virtually anywhere. This exercise does not require any equipment and so you can do this even in your home. It is a highly effective exercise at improving your core strength and stability.
It is recognized as a whole body exercise as it also promotes good posture, glute activation, spine stability. Shoulder girdle stability, among others. Follow the instructions below to perform this workout.
How to do the Prone Plank
- Assume a pushup position with your palms placed on the floor.
- Maintain that position for about 30 seconds and make sure your abs are contracted and your arms and legs extended.
- As more strength builds up, hold the position for longer, for about one minute.
6. The Climb Up Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
This is one of the best ab workouts for women that really works. This exercise will always challenge your abs muscles and ensures you get flat and sexy abs with strong core muscles.
All you need to perform this workout is a towel or scarf. Follow the directions below to perform one of the best ab workouts for women at home.
How to do the Climb Up
- Begin by lying with your back on the ground with a 3-foot-long towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot.
- Ensure your knees are bent and your left foot is on the floor.
- Use both your hands to hold this towel and then extend your right leg. Make sure you keep your foot flexed.
- Gently, take your hands up the towel and at the same time, lift your head and shoulders off the floor.
- Hold position for about 2 seconds and bring yourself back to the starting position by slowly walking your hands back down the towel.
- You can do two sets of 8-10 reps on each side.
7. Ballet Twist Workout for 6 Pack
We love the ballet twist because it is a dance inspire ab exercise. This workout targets your abs and obliques and puts them in a very good shape. Follow the instruction below to learn how to perform this graceful movement.
How to do the Ballet Twist
- Begin by sitting on the floor and extending your legs. Make sure your legs are firmly pressed together.
- Lean towards the back at a 45 degrees angle from your hips.
- Engage your abs and bring both your arms overhead, just like a ballerina would do.
- Gently twist your torso to the right side and place your arm on the mat.
- Make sure you keep your left arm reaching overhead for about 3-5 seconds.
- Now repeat movement and keep your left arm on the floor.
- Then contract your abs as you return to starting position, bringing both your arms overhead.
- Continue the movement by doing 2 sets of 6-8 reps on each side.
8. The Single-Leg Stretch
The single-leg stretch is a highly effective and one of the best Pilates mat exercises that work your lower abdominals.
It trains your body to initiate movement from the abdominal muscles. This workout helps you develop stamina, lose lower belly fat, and full body coordination. No equipment is needed to perform this exercise.
How to do the Single-Leg Stretch
- Begin by lying with your back in the center of your mat while ensuring your knees are bent.
- Bring up your head and shoulders and make sure your chin is curled in towards your chest.
- Breathe in and bring your left knee in toward your chest. Ensure you place your left hand on your ankle and the right hand on the knee.
- Bring up your leg at about a 45 degrees angle off the floor.
- Now switch your legs and extend your left leg as you hug your right leg to your chest.
- Then switch the positions of your hands each time you switch your legs.
- Do about 5-10 reps for each side.
9. The Cobra Yoga Pose to Reduce Belly Fat
This is a fairly simple yoga exercise that is used to help stretch the abdominal muscles. You also get the additional benefit of strengthening your lower back muscles. No equipment is needed for this workout.
How to do the Cobra
- Begin by lying with your face down on the floor and make sure your palms are near your chest.
- Now bring up your head, shoulders, and chest from the floor and pull your shoulder blades down at the same time.
- Hold the position for about 2-3 seconds and lower back to the starting position.
- Repeat for about 8-10 times.
10. Knee-Up with Overhead Press
This ab workout for women is slightly different from the others as a dumbbell is used in this. The exercise works your abs to make them stronger. It also targets your shoulders and glutes.
How to do the Knee-Up with Overhead Press
- Begin by sitting on a mat with your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells near your shoulders with your elbows by sides and your palms in.
- Now slightly lean back and bring your arms overhead simultaneously as you lift a few inches off the ground.
- Your knees should also be brought towards your chest.
- Maintain the position for about 3 seconds and return to starting position.
- You can do about 15 reps.
——Killer 7 minutes Ripped Abs Workouts – For Women and Men.
Listed above are the 10 best ab workouts for women that your body will be grateful for. These abdominal workouts have been tried and tested and are very effective. They are safe and simple to perform. Follow these ab workouts for women at home routine religiously and you’ll be sure to get flat, sexy abs and waistline.