Fat Burning Workouts– Holidays are here and a lot of people skip the gym when the holiday gets busy. In addition, they pack on some heavy diet and totally neglect to workout. However, it’s not necessary for you to keep visiting the gym in this period of festivity. There are quality workouts that you can perform at home that will help you get rid of fat and maintain a healthy body weight.
While you don’t have to keep going to the gym all year long. Keeping your body busy, even at home, is key to maintaining a healthy body weight. To help you start next year on a healthy note, we have gathered the best fat burning workouts that you can perform at home. These fat burning exercises have been backed by years of research to help you get the best from your workout routine even while at home.
12 Fat Burning Workouts For Fast Weight Loss at Home
No exercise burns belly fat faster than crunches. In addition, crunches strengthen your abdominal muscles. It is arguably one of the best abdominal exercises around (1). Crunches have different variations; however, the basic crunch is a good place to begin from. Follow the instructions below to perform these fat burning workouts for bad knees.
How to do Crunches
- Begin by lying down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet placed on the ground.
- Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree position.
- Lift both your hands and place them behind your head. You can also keep them crosses on your chest.
- Inhale deeply and lift your upper torso off the floor, then breathe out again.
- Breathe in again as you get back down and breathe out as you return to starting position.
- You can perform 10 reps per set in 2-3 sets.
2. Bicycle Exercise
You will be surprised that you don’t actually need a bicycle to perform the bicycle exercise. This exercise is among the best for burning fat and developing your core. The bicycle exercise will also develop and strengthen your abdominals. Follow the instruction below to perform the bicycle exercise;
How to do the Bicycle Exercise
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent.
- Ensure your hands are positioned behind your head and elbows are flared out.
- Then stretch out your right leg with your right foot hovering above the floor at about 6-12 inches.
- Breathe out and bend your left knee toward your head.
- At the same time, lift your head and shoulders off the mat.
- Ensure you move your right elbow toward your left knee.
- Breathe and extend your left leg and bring your left elbow toward your bent right knee.
- Repeat movement until you are exhausted.
3. Goblet Squat
The goblet squat is a lower body exercise that you can perform at home. Some say the goblet squat is the best way to squat. It increases strength all over the legs and also strengthens the shoulders and core. These fat burning workouts for thighs can be performed using a dumbbell or kettlebell. Follow the instructions below to perform the goblet squat at home.
How to do the Goblet Squat
- Stand upright with your feet at shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the head of a dumbbell with both your hands.
- Ensure you hold the dumbbell vertically in front of your chest.
- Keep your back straight and then squat down until the crease of your hip drops below the knee.
- Also, make sure the top of your thighs is at least at a parallel to the floor.
- Extend your hips and knees and return to the starting position.
- You can do 10 reps per minute for 10 minutes.
You may be wondering why the push-ups seem to be on every fitness list you see. This is because this exercise has proven to be very effective over the years (2). Push-ups are great for burning off fat and maintaining a great body shape.
How to do the Push-ups
- Assume a standard plank position.
- Ensure your arms are slightly wider than your shoulders and your feet some inches apart.
- Then slowly, lower yourself down with your chest almost touching the ground.
- Apply pressure on your arms and push back up to the starting position.
- Repeat movement until you are exhausted.
5. Marching Glute Bridge
This is a tougher variation of the Glute Bridge exercise. The marching glute bridge burns off body fat and gives you a perfect posterior. It is also good for improving hip mobility and strengthening the lower back. Follow the instructions below to perform the marching glute bridge.
How to do the Marching Glute Bridge.
- Begin by lying on the floor with your face up and your knees bent.
- Make sure your feet are flat on the floor.
- Then raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulder to your knees.
- Lift your right knee toward your chest and hold the position for about 2 seconds.
- Then lower and repeat with your left leg to complete one rep.
- Continue movement until you’re exhausted.
6. Inverted Shoulder Press
The Inverted Shoulder Press exercise is an easy way to get rid of body fat. It is one of the best fat burning workouts for arm you can find. This exercise also trains your shoulder and builds strength in your arms. You can perform the inverted shoulder press routine in your home.
How to do the Inverted Shoulder Press Exercise
- Begin by placing your hands on the floor just outside your shoulders.
- Lift your hips so that your torso is almost perpendicular to the floor.
- Bend your elbows to lower your body until your head is almost touching the floor.
- Hold the position for 1-2 second and then push back up to starting position to complete one rep.
- Continue movement until you’re exhausted.
NOTE: You can place your feet on a bench or step to increase the difficulty.
7. Skater Hops
The skater hop is a great exercise to improve endurance and lose body fat. This exercise works on your quadriceps and adductor muscles. Overall, the skater hops will promote your mobility and give you a healthy body.
How to do the Skater Hops
- Begin by standing on your left foot with your left knee bent slightly.
- Your right foot must be slightly off the floor at the same time.
- Jump to the right and land on your right foot, ensure your left foot is slightly off the floor.
- Then repeat movement by jumping to your left and continue alternating quickly as possible.
8. Alternating Switch Lunge
The alternating switch lunge is a beginner lower body exercise that is great for burning body fat. It is a compound bodyweight exercise that targets the quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. This exercise is great if you want to burn off some fat.
How to do the Alternating Switch Lunge
- Begin by stepping your right leg forward and bend both your knees to lower into a lounge.
- Press through your right heel to return to standing position.
- Ensure you keep your foot lifted and then immediately, bring your right foot back and lower into a lounge.
- Then press through your left heel to return to the standing position to complete one rep.
- Continue until you get exhausted.
9. Rotating T Extension
The rotating t extension is a great workout to do at home that can help you shed those extra pounds. You can incorporate this workout into your daily routine to lose fat. Follow the instructions below to get started.
How to do the Rotating T Extension
- Begin in a push-up position
- Keep your arms straight and your core engaged and shift your weight onto your left arm.
- Rotate your torso to the right and lift your right arm towards the ceiling.
- Ensure your body forms a T at this point.
- Hold the position for about 3 seconds and then return to starting position.
- Repeat movement on the other side and continue until you feel exhausted.
Some call burpees the most efficient exercise known to humans. Burpees are highly effective and popular. This exercise is used to burn off fat and keep your body in great shape. It is a good fat burning workout that you should incorporate burpees into your routine.
How to do Burpees
- Begin by standing with your legs slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down and place your hands on the ground just in front of you.
- Then jump back into a pushup position.
- Jump your feet forward until you get to the bottom of a squat again.
- Now jump straight into the air.
- Repeat movement till you get exhausted.
11. Donkey kickbacks
The donkey kickback is a killer move that will burn calories as it works your core. Embrace this workout to get your body fit and free of excess fat. Follow the instruction below to perform the donkey kickbacks.
How to do the Donkey Kickbacks
- Start by kneeling down with your hands also on the floor and your toes tucked under.
- Pull your belly in toward your spine as you contract your abs.
- Lift both knees off the ground with a distance of about 2 inches.
- Then bring your right knee to nose and kick right leg straight out behind you.
- Squeeze your butt and keep your lower abs contracted with your hips facing the ground to protect your back.
Cardio workouts have been proven to be very effective at burning calories. You can take a jog when you wake up in the morning. Alternatively, swimming is also one of the best fat burning workouts for women and men. Running, swimming, taking a long work and other similar exercises are a good way to kickstart your day. In short, Cardio is quick fat burning workouts. To see more about cardio workout read this post-7 Best Cardio Workouts at Home – For Quick Weight Loss and Belly Fat Burning
Fat can be highly dangerous to your health. You must be conscious of what you eat this holiday season. A healthy diet is important if you want to see the results of these fat burning exercises. Avoid unnecessary snacks that can pack calories into your body.
These workouts have been designed to help you stay in shape even during a busy holiday season. Start performing these fat burning workouts now right from your home.