How do you get rid of hip, leg and thigh pain? – Hip, leg and thigh pains can be very excruciating and may reduce the possibilities of one walking normally. However, sitting down and lying all day long is not the best medicine for your pain.
You need to get up and move a little, exercise from time to time and stretch as much as possible. According to a recent research claims that weak hips can lead to lower leg injuries
There are many exercises for hips, thighs, and legs pain relief which you can try out to relieve the pain. And as much as it may seem impossible, you need to push yourself beyond your limits and be willing to do whatever it takes to make the pain go away.
The Benefits of these Exercises for Hips, Thighs, and Legs Pain Relief
- Best exercises for hips, thighs, and legs pain relief are meant to release tension down there and relax the muscles causing pain relief.
- They are also meant to strengthen your bones and bring back your motion within the normal range and walk without feeling intense pain.
6 Best Exercises for Hips, Thighs, and Legs Pain Relief
Outlined below are some of the exercises meant to target your hips, legs, and thighs and will work wonders on enhancing your flexibility.
1. Happy Baby Yoga Pose for Lower Body Pain
- Place a mat on the floor and lie down with your back on the floor and your front facing up.
- Grab your legs with your hands while still lying down and bend both knees.
- With your upper body strength press down both knees to the ground below your armpits. Keep your chest and shoulders relaxed.
- Stay in that position and take in five deep breaths while exhaling after each breath.
2. Extended Wide Squats
- Stand with your legs wide apart, with a slight difference between the legs and your hips.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips towards the ground and get into a squat.
- Make sure your heels touch the ground or support them with a rolled towel or mat, exactly beneath the heels.
- Lower your palms and centrally place them adjacent to your heart. Place your elbows in between your thighs and knees and stretch out, widening the gap between your hips and thighs.
- Breathe in and out five times then after the fifth exhale, break down your hands to the floor and move them forward, stretching your hips a bit further.
- Breathe in and out five more times and get up from the squat position. Repeat the steps of this exercise for hips, thighs, and legs pain relief until you feel a tingly feeling.
3. Butterfly Exercise
- Sit down on the ground and bend both knees while bringing your feet together.
- Use your hands to split your feet open and use your leg muscles to press down your knees towards the ground.
- Stretch your back by drawing your belly button inwards and ensure that you are in an upright posture.
- Relax your shoulders and gaze in the front direction or on your feet.
- Hold this position for five deep breaths then gently fold forward, as your torso falls closer towards your legs.
- Rest your hands on your feet and press your knees down with your arms and hold here for another five breaths.
4. Bound Ankle Pose
- Sit down on the floor with the soles of your feet together and the knees facing outwards.
- Pull your heels closer to your groin and let the legs fall out in a butterfly flare, opening them further.
- Ensure your upper body is straight, and move forward with your chest, while pulling back your shoulders. Fold towards your feet and let this exercise for hips and thighs pain relax your inner thighs.
- Hold for 8 or 10 breaths, depending with which you are comfortable with.
- Regulate your posture by either placing a blanket under your sit bones to prop up your thighs. Alternatively, move your feet further from your groins to form a diamond shape and do the 3rd
5. Pigeon Yoga Pose
- Sit with one of your knees bent and extend the other leg out, behind you.
- Pull the heel of your bent leg towards the hip of your other leg or inch it away from you if your hips are wider.
- With your stretched leg flat on the ground, rest your hands on your thighs or hips, as your torso rests on your bent knee.
- Hold here for five breaths and repeat this exercise with your other leg.
Are you suffering from lower back pain? See: Effective Remedies for Back Pain Fast Relief
6. Stretches for Lower Back and Hip Pain
Stretches are basically the best exercises for hips, thighs, and legs pain relief and there are several which you can try out.
Quadriceps stretch – best for the front part of your thighs
- Stand on one leg and raise the other off the ground, with a bend at the knee.
- Gently pull your lifted leg with your other hand and bring it towards your back, and let the foot touch your buttocks.
- Support yourself with the wall or a chair and hold for about 30 seconds.
- Stand normally then take your other leg and repeat the first three procedures.
Hamstring stretch – best for the back part of your thighs
- Sit down on the floor, bending one leg and stretch out the other. Rest the foot of the bent leg on the inside thigh of the opposite stretched out leg.
- Bend at the waist and stretch forward. Reach out for the toes of the stretched leg.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds then repeat with the other leg the first two steps.
- Make sure you move slowly and gently to avoid further injuries and do not bounce off while stretching out.