It’s the holiday season where friends, family and loved ones look forward to the different kinds of gift packs they’ll receive this year. Over the past few weeks, you’ve cracked your brain thinking about gift ideas that your loved ones will appreciate. If you want a gift that will have a positive impact on the life of the receiver, essential oils might just be the answer.
The use of essential oils can be impacting and life-changing. Filled with so many health benefits, essential oils are the perfect gifts to give your loved ones this season. A basket full of the best essential oils is a very cost-efficient way of delivering your love and goodwill in the spirit of the season.
We have compiled a list of the 15 best essential oil for gifts that can convey your warmest greetings and goodwill to your loved ones in this holiday season. Also included are the health benefits of each oil.
15 Best Essential Oil for Gifts & Holidays | Gift Basket Ideas for Christmas
1. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint cannot be mistaken as it has been in use in medicine since 1000B.C. Traces of the plant were found in the ancient Egyptian Pyramids. Peppermint represents a hybrid species between spearmint and watermint. The plant has strong antimicrobial properties and is arguably the producer of one of the most versatile oils. ( where to buy )
Health Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil
- It is an effective painkiller and also help in relaxing your muscles.
- Relieving headaches.
- It helps to clear respiratory tracts.
- The scent also helps to improve mental focus.
- It improves digestion.
2. Oregano Essential Oil
The Oregano Essential oil is famous for its strong antimicrobial properties. It is one of the best essential oil for gifts that you can present to your loved ones. It has been in use for over 2000 years and is native to the regions around the Mediterranean. The name “oregano” also means “joy of the mountains.” (where to buy )
Health Benefits of Oregano Essential Oil
- Oregano Oil acts as an expectorant that helps clear your respiratory system.
- The oil also has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help in healing many types of inflammations.
- It also helps protect you from fungi.
- Oregano Oil has anti-parasitic properties that protect the body from parasitic attacks.
- It is popular for its antibacterial properties that helps protect you from bacterial infections.
3. Lemongrass Essential Oil
You might know that lemongrass is good ingredients for cooking delicious meals.However, their use is not only limited to the kitchen. They are also used in Aromatherapy to help suppress pains in our muscles, aid in food digestion, among other benefits. Lemongrass is arguably one of the plants that have contributed the most to cosmetics, homemade products, soaps etc. ( order here)
Health Benefits of Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Lemongrass essential oil serves as a natural deodorizer that can be used as an organic alternative to giving your home a fresh smell.
- It also contributes to skin health by serving as natural toner, sterilize our pores and strengthen skin tissues.
- Helps hair follicle and prevent hair loss.
- It can act as a stress-reducing agent.
- Relaxing the muscles.
- Cures stomach pain and several other stomach issues.
- It also works as a natural agent to help us get rid of toxins in our body.
4. Grapefruit Essential Oil
The grapefruit is capable of producing an effective essential oil that is recognized in the medical field for suppressing appetite. The essential oil is also used in hair care products. The fruit has strong anti-oxidant properties and is good for use on the skin. ( buy here)
Health Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Aids weight loss as it is effective in suppressing appetite.
- It can also help to cure hangover after a night out with your friends.
- Reduces sugar cravings.
- It also has strong antibacterial properties that help protect our bodies from infections.
- The scent helps to create a calm and relaxing mood that can help reduce stress.
5. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil is the number one choice of many when it comes to choosing ingredients for shampoos, soaps, and body lotions. Native to Australia, the Eucalyptus oil is one of the most powerful forms of natural medicine. It has a broad range of health benefits that make it an MVP among homemade product ingredients. ( order here)
Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- The Eucalyptus oil can help your body fight off cold and make a quick recovery.
- Helps to relieve muscle aches.
- It helps in the rapid healing of wound and prevents them from getting infected.
- The Eucalyptus oil scent helps to put you in a calm and relaxing mood.
- It helps in nourishing your hair and fights off dandruff and an itchy scalp.
6. Lavender Essential Oil
There is no doubt about the fact that Lavender oil is the most used essential oil in the world today. The benefits of the oil were discovered about 2,500 years ago.And it has been proven by recent research to be effective and relevant in the medical field. It has strong antioxidant, antimicrobial and antidepressive properties. It is a must-have oil and would be perfect as one of the best essential oil for gifts in this season.(buy here)
Health Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
- Reducing anxiety and emotional stress.
- It protects against diabetes symptoms.
- Improves the overall functioning of the brain.
- Increases the quality of your sleep.
- It also helps to relieve pain and alleviate headaches.
- Heals burns and wounds.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Also known as Melaleuca Oil.Tea tree oil is famous for it strong antiseptic properties and its ability to treat wounds effectively. The oil is renowned for its powerful and purifying properties. The oil is extracted from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant that is native to Australia. According to the research, tea tree has been used for over 70 years to kill many strains of virus, bacteria, and fungi. ( get your here)
Health Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
- Effective in treating acne
- It also heals different kinds of skin infections naturally.
- Heals and soothe sunburns.
- It helps reduce rashes and its effects.
- Helps cure bad breath naturally.
- Serves as an antiseptic agent on small body cuts.
- It can also treat ringworm and toenail fungus
8. Frankincense Essential Oil
The Frankincense oil has been in use for centuries in religious circles serving as a holy anointing oil. However, the benefits of this amazing oil go beyond religion. The Frankincense essential oil has strong antiseptic and disinfectant properties. It is also used in cosmetic products and serves as a fragrance. ( get one here)
Health Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
- Its strong antiseptic properties help to boost the immune system.
- Helps to improve your overall oral health.
- It regulates menstruation and helps to cure other symptoms associated with menses.
- Frankincense oil has fantastic digestive properties that help to promote digestion.
- It is an effective remedy for stress and anxiety.
9. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary is one of the most powerful herbs and essential oils in the world. Native to the Mediterranean, Rosemary contains rich antioxidant, anti-cancer, and anti-inflammatory properties. Its strong antiseptic properties have also enabled it to become a popular ingredient. Thus, making many skin and hair care products. A package of Rosemary oil is one of the best essential oil for gifts in the holidays. ( where to buy )
Health benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil
- Improves and accelerates hair growth.
- Rosemary helps in liver detoxification and aids in gallbladder function.
- It strengthens your mental ability, thereby improving your memory.
- Lowers the cortisol levels thereby, helping to reduce stress.
- It also helps to reduce body pain.
10. Lime Essential Oil
The lime essential oil is made up of some powerful combination of antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, disinfectant and restorative properties. The oil is refreshing in both taste and aroma. It is often used in beauty products because of its purifying properties.
Health Benefits of Lime Essential Oil
- The oil can cure infections and also protect against their development.
- It also fights off viral infections that can lead to cold, measles, pox etc.
- The astringent in lime enables it to cure toothaches and strengthens the gum.
- Lime oil acts as an appetizer as it helps increase hunger.
- It also effective in treating bacterial infections.
- Serves as an effective disinfectant. ( buy here)
11. Clove Essential Oil
There are some widespread tales that the Chinese have used clove for about 2,000 years as a fragrance and spice. However, hundreds of years later, clove has become famous for its application to alternative medicine. It is high in nutrients such as manganese, potassium, magnesium, and calcium.( where to buy )
Health Benefits of Clove Essential Oil
- It is effective in treating acne.
- Helps to fight off inflammation.
- It kills mold and fungus.
- Improves blood circulation.
- It is also capable of killing parasites.
12. Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon is effective at cleaning toxins from any part of your body. Some medical practitioners actually consider lemon as the most powerful antimicrobial agent out of all essential oils. Lemon oil is a must-have in every home.And will be perfect as one of the best essential oil for gifts this season.
Health Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Good for oral health and serves as a remedy for bad breath. (buy here )
- It improves digestion.
- Promotes weight loss.
- It also nourishes the skin.
- Serves as a relief for cough.
- It also calms the stomach and relieves nausea.
13. Turmeric Essential Oil
Turmeric Essential Oil is arguably the most recognized essential oil in modern science. It is famous for its promising anticancer effects. It has powerful anti-allergic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antiviral and anti-worm properties. Turmeric is essential oil for gifts is just perfect for your loved ones. (where to buy )
Health Benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil
- Aids in the fight against colon cancer.
- Prevent neurologic diseases.
- It helps in reducing arthritis and joint issues.
- Improves liver health.
- It can destroy some leukemia cells.
- The oil relieving depression and anxiety.
- It aids in the fight against breast cancer.
14 .Ginger Essential Oil
This is one of the best essential oil for gifts in Christmas. Ginger is a well-known ingredient that can be found in most kitchens worldwide. It is widely used as a spice and has been in use for thousands of years for its medicinal purposes. Ginger essential oils are rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. (where to buy )
Health Benefits of Ginger Essential Oil
- It is used to treat vomiting, upset stomach and nausea.
- Antiseptic substances in ginger help to heal infections that are caused by microorganisms and bacteria.
- It helps to fight off respiratory problems.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Alleviates muscle and menstrual pain.
- It relieves anxiety and improves liver function.
15. Jasmine Essential Oil
Jasmine oil extracted from jasmine flower.The essential oil is a popular remedy for depression, anxiety, and stress. It has also been nicknamed “queen of the night” because of its seductive scent and its ability to boost libido and increases testosterone
Health Benefits of Jasmine Essential Oil
- It helps to improve mood, fights depression and reduces anxiety.
- Increases arousal activity.
- It also improves immunity and fights off infections.
- Capable of improving your quality of sleep.
- It helps to decrease emotional and physical symptoms of menopause. ( where to buy )
There is no better gift that one that will positively contribute to the overall health of your loved ones. Essential Oils are cost-efficient solutions that speak volume at the same time. Make a choice of which oil to present to your loved ones. Surprise them with the best essential oil for gifts this season. Remember, it’s the holidays, spread love, joy, and goodwill around. Read Next – 10 Home Remedies for Natural Healing Products |Must Have in Kitchen Cabinet