Dear, there is no actual magic to weight loss, it requires discipline, determination and diets control. However, some herbs, fruits, oils, and spices can help you to achieve your desired weight. That is why I want to share with you in the article how to use cinnamon and ginger for weight loss. These two recipes you will take in order to lose weight naturally and quickly.
According to senior author Professor Majid Ezzati from the School of Public Health at Imperial College London, London, UK , Over the past 40 years, we have changed from a world in which underweight prevalence was more than double that of obesity, to one in which more people are obese than underweight,”.
“If present trends continue, not only will the world not meet the obesity target of halting the rise in the prevalence of obesity at its 2010 level by 2025, but more women will be severely obese than underweight by 2025.”
He explains further, “To avoid an epidemic of severe obesity, new policies that can slow down and stop the worldwide increase in body weight must be implemented quickly and rigorously evaluated, including healthy food policies and improved health-care training. Therefore to achieve a desired healthy weight we must be careful on what we eat. Adding medicinal and healthy foods including cinnamon and ginger to our daily diet will be a good starting point for healthy living.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon and ginger has a lot health benefits, especially for weight loss. Cinnamon has been in used since 200BC in Egypt. In chivalry times physician used cinnamon to treat conditions such as joint inflammation, coughing, and sore throats.
Cinnamon has the potential thinning your blood thus increasing blood circulation. Increased in blood flow will help boosts your metabolism and this will definitely result in weight loss.
This blood thinning function of Cinnamon can also help in acting as an anti-clotting substance especially for those suffering from heart disease.
There are two common type of cinnamon: Ceylon cinnamon and Cassia cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), often is acknowledged to be “true cinnamon”
Cassia cinnamon or Chinese cinnamon (Cinnamomum aromaticum), which is from southern China, is cheaper than Ceylon cinnamon.
Please note: do not to mix Cinnamon with other blood thinning medication. The major substance that may influence blood to thin is Coumarin which is present in high doses in Cassia Cinnamon, 4%, but not in Ceylon Cinnamon, 0.04%.
However, Coumarin may lead to liver damage. So taking Cassia Cinnamon for weight loss may cause liver damage, but rather take Ceylon cinnamon.
Other weight loss properties of cinnamon are:
Cinnamon actually help you to feel full, by slowing down the process by which food digest in your stomach. It reduces the sweet and snacks craving because of its sweet nature.
And as we all know that if you are watching your weight you must not be been eating sweet foods.So with cinnamon, you don’t feel tempted to consume those high-calorie foods.
Burn Belly Fat
If you have belly fat, try include cinnamon in your diets. You will definitely notice changes in your weight. So if you are taking cinnamon according to research it will help you lose your belly fat.
Regulate Blood Sugar
It has been proven in studies that Cinnamon can help those with insulin resistance. Thus it is very common with patients Type 2 diabetics who consume it to regulate their blood sugar levels.
Ceylon Cinnamon is often used because it has low levels of Coumarin than to Cassia Cinnamon. The study has claimed that Cassia Cinnamon was more effective than Ceylon Cinnamon in regulating blood sugar for a certain amount of Cinnamon.
An easy solution increases your dosage of Ceylon Cinnamon since even doubling the dosage will not be too high Coumarin as found in Cassia Cinnamon.
Combination of cinnamon and ginger for weight loss works wonderfully. Ginger itself has a lot of health benefits. Ginger is commonly known all over the world for it wonderful health benefits particularly when we are talking about it anti-inflammation and gastric properties that can aid the digestive system.
Ginger root is used in weight loss recipes because of its ability to reduce weight and boost metabolism. It is an effective antioxidant because of its vitamin C content and enhances waste ejection in the body.
Weight loss benefits of Ginger
Ginger is rich in fiber and vitamin C. Therefore, it can be used to combat digestive problems like slow intestine move and body fluid retention or if you find it difficult to poo.
Ginger can be used to regulate cortisol. Cortisol is known as steroid hormone that is used for energy regulation and movement. But chronic stress can cause cortisol levels to rise too high.
Adipose fat travels to the visceral region in the lower part of the body where it receives an increased blood supply that aids tissues to generate high level of cortisol. High cortisol levels can cause excess belly fat and weight gain.
Control cholesterol level
By adding ginger to your diet can help to control the level of cholesterol.
Eating ginger can have a huge control on high levels cholesterol levels that are often linked to obesity.
High cholesterol levels in a person can indicate higher than normal body mass index and can thus, lead to obesity-related illnesses like stroke, heart disease, and cancers. Ginger control the level cholesterol in the body by significantly reducing serum and hepatic cholesterol levels.
Check this Out: Effective Use of Horseradish for Weight Loss
Cinnamon and ginger for weight loss: Weight loss Recipes
- Heat a cup of water and remove it from heat once it is boiling.
- Then add a small slice of ginger and leave it steep for 5-7 minutes, covered.
- Uncovered it, then start drinking it.
- You can also add to it lemon and drink.
- It’s best to drink this on empty stomach before breakfast.
The wonderful thing about using cinnamon and ginger for weight loss they are common spices, even grandma know that every household has them and can be mixed too many foods.
Here are cinnamon and ginger for weight loss ideas that you can use by adding them into your daily meal:
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of powder ginger and cinnamon on your oatmeal or breakfast cereal
- Add them to your regular tea or coffee
- Mix into butter, yogurt or cheese spreads to enhance flavor
- Mix cinnamon, ginger, and honey into hot water to make a tea-like concoction
- Add into fruit juices and salad or ciders
- Mix them into a protein shake
- Mix cinnamon and ginger to your rice side dishes by sprinkling and grated ginger
- Combine ginger, cinnamon, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic to make a yummy a salad dressing.
People also Read:
- Top 12 Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon – for Weight Loss, Cancer, Diabetes and Other Health Problems
- Detox Diet:10 Best Detox Cleanse Diet for Weight Loss At Home
- Master The Art of Using Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss With These Simple Tips
- Warning: Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects – On Skin, Liver, Kidney, Throat, Teeth, and Pregnancy
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Fast Weight Loss and Benefits
- Apple Cider Vinegar Diet and Weight Loss Reviews
- Master The Art of Using Cinnamon And Ginger For Weight Loss With These Simple Tips
Cinnamon and ginger for weight loss: Blend recipes
- 3 tea bags (black tea)
- 50 ml yogurt
- 500 ml water
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Half tsp honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat the water and allow it to boil,
- Add all the ingredients except yogurt
- Mix them thoroughly
- As the water begins to cool down, strain the mixture and then add your yogurt
- Mix all of the ingredients together and drink it
- Drink this for dinner
It is also important that you do not eat anything after taking this. But you can drink water
- 80 ml water
- 180 ml milk
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of curry or 3-inch piece of sliced turmeric root
- Mix the turmeric powder with ginger and cinnamon to boiling water,
- Then add the milk and mix everything until it dissolve and become a fine mixture
- Drink it before bedtime.
Note: Curry must not be taken during pregnancy, or if you have hepatitis or problems with the digestive system and kidney disease.
Another recipe you can try is;
Apple Cinnamon Tea: cinnamon and ginger for weight loss recipes
It’s an effective cinnamon and ginger tea recipe that’s equally good for weight loss
- 3 cups of water
- Half cup of chopped apples fruits
- An inch long cinnamon stick
- Minced ginger root
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- Half teaspoon of tea powder
- Little drops of Honey for better taste
- Heat your water and allow it to boil
- Add everything except chopped apple pieces and honey to it.
- Take it off the stove and add chopped apple pieces to it.
- Cover it again and leave for 5 minutes.
- Strain it and add honey. Enjoy your drink.
Cinnamon tea benefits
- It’s essential formula for weight loss
- Cinnamon tea has antibacterial properties.
- It reduces premenstrual cramps
- It is good for your heart
It has anti-clotting properties and it also rich in, calcium, iron, and manganese to help keep you healthy
My final note
If you really want to lose weight by adding cinnamon and ginger as two effective ingredients to your meal, you also need to follow a healthy diet, avoid eating junk foods, pop or soda, sugar, fats, sodium etc.
You also need to be doing exercise and drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water a day. If you inculcate this lifestyle, you will in no time notice that you have lost some extra pound.
Do you have any question or contribution on this post (cinnamon and ginger for weight loss ), feel free to share it at the comment space below:
Please, don’t forget to help us share it article on Facebook and twitter