How to Lose Leg Fat Fast– Leg fat is becoming more rampant these days. If you are wondering how to lose leg fat, this article will highlight 8 best leg workouts to reduce leg fat. It is important to clarify that spot reduction is not feasible; it is almost impossible to lose weight in just your legs. Engaging in a leg workout also means you will lose weight all over your body. You will burn body fat in your face, arms, belly, and legs.
Causes of Leg Fat
A major cause of leg fat is bad diet.
- Foods such as soda, corn, candy
- Red meat has an adverse effect on health and weight.
- Another major cause is genetics.
How to Lose Leg Fat Fast in a Week – 8 Leg Fat Exercises
1. High-Intensity Cardio
Cardio exercises like swimming, biking, running, etc are ways one can lose leg fat. But this is not enough if you want a fast result. The harder you work out, the more calories and fat you will burn which a great way to get rid of leg fat. Your aim should be to increase the intensity of your cardio sessions.
High-intensity interval training is a highly efficient method of cardio training. This type of training is more effective than slower steady-state workouts. High-intensity interval training (also known as HIIT), is a cardiovascular exercise routine that involves alternating periods of low-intensity and high-intensity workouts.
The HIIT that we will discuss here involves the use of a treadmill. Make sure you also get a stopwatch or a timer.
- Begin by warming up on the treadmill for about 5 minutes.
- It is important to promote blood flow to your muscles to prepare your body for higher intensity activity.
- Increase your speed for about 30 seconds to a very fast pace.
- Reduce your speed to a fast-paced walk or a light jog for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat the steps for about 8 times.
- Rest thereafter.
- Incorporate HIIT 2 times every week on non-consecutive days.
- This is important so that your muscles can rest at least 2 days in between sessions.
- Also, it is crucial so that the muscles can repair and grow stronger.
People who are new to cardiovascular exercise should complete moderately intense cardio for about two months before attempting HIIT. This will prepare you for the challenge ahead.
2. Lunges to Get Rid of Leg Fat
Lunges are a great exercise on how to lose leg fat. They are adequate for proper toning of the hamstrings and the inner thighs. Losing fat in the leg alone can leave you with flabby legs. Lunge exercise ensures that you develop muscles around your leg.
Follow these steps to perform a lunge:
- Begin by standing up straight.
- Rest your hands on your hips for extra balance.
- Move your right leg forward and your left leg back.
- Bend your right leg at the knee, so that it is in a 90-degree angle.
- Make sure your right knee doesn’t extend past your ankle for safety measures.
- Press your weight down into your heels.
- Press back up to your starting position.
- Complete for about 10 reps.
- Then switch legs and follow the steps again.
3. Leg Lifts to Tone Legs
Another way on how to lose leg fat is leg lift. This exercise is one of the best ways to lose weight on legs. There is a variety of leg lifts that you can do to burn leg fat at home. This solely depends on your physical condition and the level of intensity you want to engage in.
Follow the steps below to get rid of leg fat.
- Lie faceup on the ground.
- Lift your upper legs until they are perpendicular to the ground.
- Bend your knees slightly and gently.
- Brace your core and try to take about 3-5 seconds to lower your feet as close to the floor as you can.
- Do this without adjusting your lower back’s arch position or the placement of your knees.
- One trick to perform this is to press your lower back toward the ground as you perform the movement.
- Once your feet touch the ground, raise them back to your starting position.
- Repeat for about 10 reps.
4. Wall Sit to Reduce Leg Fat
Wall sit (also known as wall squat) is a simple body-weight exercise on how to lose leg fat. This leg fat exercise tests the strength and endurance of your lower body. It also involves your body being in a static position for a certain period of time.
Follow these steps to lose weight on your legs.
- To begin, rest against the wall with your feet hip-width apart planted firmly on the floor.
- Ensure that your feet are about 2 feet away from the wall.
- Now brace your abs and slowly slide down the wall with your back pressed against the wall.
- Do this until your legs bend at 90-degrees.
- Failure to get this angle will ensure that your leg muscles will not get a workout.
- Make sure that your knees are directly above your ankles.
- Also, your back should be touching the wall at all times.
- Hold this position for about 20-60 seconds.
Follow the steps below for a perfect squat.
- Begin by standing with your feet a hip-width apart.
- Ensure that your back is straight and your arms extended straight out just in front of you.
- Slowly lower yourself as you were to sit in a chair.
- Once in the sitting position, slowly raise yourself up to your starting position.
- Repeat for 15 reps.
6. Jump Rope
In regard to how to lose leg fat, jump rope is a fun exercise that will yield impressive results. This exercise strengthens the legs and core and also serves a great benefit in losing body fat.
See the operation of the jump rope exercise below;
- To begin, grab the handles with a comfortable grip, you can get this adjustable jump rope if you don’t have one.
- Turn the rope by rotating your wrists in a circular motion.
- Swing the rope over your head and jump as it passes your feet.
- It is not necessary that you jump very high. Just jump enough to clear the rope.
- Ensure that you land evenly on both feet.
- Continue for one about one minute, then rest for one minute.
7. Lunge to Skip for Perfect Slim Legs
Follow the steps below carefully to keep your knees safe.
- Begin by standing up straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Chest up and shoulders and look straight ahead.
- Take a large step back with your right foot, then lower both knees to lower into a lunge position
- Ensure that you do this while keeping your upper body still and core tight,
- Swing your arms to jump off of your right foot.
- Lift them upwards and drive your left knee high into the air.
- That counts as one rep.
- Upon landing, immediately return your left leg to the starting position.
- Repeat for 8 to 12 reps.
- Switch sides and repeat the steps.
8. Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift
Another workout on how to lose leg fat is the dumbbell Romanian deadlift. This exercise greatly builds the muscles of your hamstrings and your lower back. It is the perfect exercise to get rid of cellulite in the back of your legs. Cellulite is the persistent subcutaneous fat causing dimpling of the skin.
The following are the steps required to properly carry out this exercise.
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with an overhand grip.
- Make sure that you hold them at arm’s length in front of your thighs.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Bend at your hips and lower your torso until it is almost parallel to the ground.
- Ensure that you do this without changing the bend in your knees.
- Pause; then raise your torso back to the starting position.
- Repeat for about 10-12 times for 3 sets.
Most times, fat accumulates in the lower part of the body like the leg, thighs, and hips due to inactiveness. To lose leg fat, it is important that you stay active and devout your time to regular exercise.
Even at your place of work, you can stay active by using the stairs instead of the elevator. Also, you should park far from work so you walk further. All these may seem difficult but the result you will get from doing these leg exercises regularly will be very rewarding. In addition, ensure that you maintain a healthy diet.