Keto Diet Plan Recipes– Dieting to lose weight can pose a daunting task to undergo for those with excess body fat. Switching to a new diet plan can be quite frustrating and very difficult to adjust to. However, having the right diet affects your health positively. A very effective diet for weight loss is the ketogenic diet, otherwise known as the low carb diet.
Well, ketogenic comes from the word ketosis. Some of you already have questions like “what is ketosis?” Well, it is a state in which your body breaks down fat molecules into ketones to provide energy. You achieve this state by simply consuming less carbohydrate and more of the right type of fat to lose weight.
By eating fewer carbs and more fat, your liver begins producing energy molecules known as ketones. Essentially, the body begins using fat as an energy source instead of the energy molecule (ATP). While this can be a daunting thought to overcome, having an appropriate food list should help you establish the ultimate keto diet lifestyle.
The keto meal plan always seeks to ensure you get 3 balanced and healthy meals every day. The greatest part of a keto diet plan is the fact that it does not lead to muscle loss, meanwhile, a carb-based diet leads to loss of muscle.
Keto meals often lead to a significant loss of water during its early stages. This is because carbs convert to glycogen in your body, which stores in water within the muscles and liver. Your body disposes of water as you reduce stored glycogen. This is a huge part of the initial weight loss during the first few weeks of ketosis.
This most times results in weight loss as well as less bloating, giving you more attractive physical features. Before you can understand how to start a ketogenic diet, you have to first know the benefit it offers.
Benefits of Ketosis
- Weight loss
- Reduced risk of heart disease
- Prevent, treat and reverse neurological disorders
- Increased Energy
- Decrease of Triglycerides (fat molecules)
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Improving one’s mood
- Reducing inflammation, bloating, and diarrhea
- Improved appearance
Foods Recommended on a Keto Diet Plan
If you want to reach ketosis, the most important thing is to reduce your carbohydrates intake and consume more of the right fatty foods. Also limit your intake of root vegetables like mushrooms, kale, berries and citrus fruits.
Below is a list of foods that you should include in a ketogenic diet menu. There are many options on this list for those looking to start a keto diet lifestyle.
1. Fats and oils:
It sounds absurd to the ear when you tell someone that they actually need to consume more fat in order to lose weight. Not making much sense right? However, there are some fatty foods that contain healthy nutrients that help an individual lose weight and improve the general health condition of the individual.
Fats play an important part in our diet, especially in a keto diet plan. However, consuming the wrong type of fats can affect your health negatively. Fats should constitute the majority of your daily consumption on a keto diet plan. However, ensure you the right kind of fatty foods. These right kinds of fats can be found in the following:
- Fish or Omega 3 supplements
- Beef tallow
- Olive oil
- Macadamia nuts
- Chicken fat
- Flaxseed oil
- Almond oil
- Sesame oil
Read Next :
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Fast Weight Loss and Benefits
- How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar Drink at Home for Weight Loss
- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink Recipe ( Honey, Cinnamon, and Lemon) for Fat Burning – Drink this Early in the Morning and Before Going to Bed at Night
Another essential constituent of a ketogenic diet menu is Proteins. Proteins give your body enough energy and increase your motivation which is a feature of ketosis. However, there should be fewer proteins than fats and oil in your keto diet plan.
You can select from the following keto diet protein for your ketogenic diet meal plan.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, catfish, sardines, tuna, haddock and many others.
- Meat: Beef, goat, lamb, turkey, pork, veal, chicken
- Whole Eggs
Vegetables are essential for any healthy diet. They provide many healthy nutrients that both fatty acids and proteins cannot.
Leafy greens are the healthiest vegetables. You should consume more organic vegetables because they are grown without the use of pesticides. It is also advisable and could be fun to grow your own fresh veggies from your garden at home. When you grow your own vegetables, you will be sure of the source and the materials used to grow them.
While vegetables are healthy, you should avoid veggies that have high sugar content. The best types of vegetables for a keto diet are veggies that are dark and leafy.
Also, keep in mind that a diet with low carbs cannot allow for plentiful intake of nutrient-rich vegetables. However, your carb intake should be high enough that you can include substantial amounts of nutrient-rich vegetables to offer your body enough nutrition.
Vegetables that you should include in your keto meals include:
- Brussels sprouts
4. Dairy Products:
Dairy products are another source of protein. They also contain Vitamin D. However, dairy should be raw. You should purchase them in full fat, not in low fat.
Some of the best Dairy products for a keto diet plan are:
- Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream.
Even though dairy products should be part of your keto meals, they should not take up such a large chunk of your ketogenic diet.
5. Seeds and Nuts:
Nuts are a great source of protein and nutrients. They are great snacks and they help control cravings.
Nuts are best when roasted because it is in this state they contain the most nutrients. When roasted, all pesticides and everything that is anti-nutritional that influenced the growth of the nuts, die. This gives the nut the most nutritional value you can possibly obtain.
You should avoid peanuts, however. Experts classify peanuts as legumes and they are quite detrimental to those on a ketogenic diet.
Here is a comprehensive list of nuts and seeds you should consume if you are on a keto diet plan:
- Seed flours
- Sunflower seeds
Nuts are very high in Omega-6 fatty acids, so you should limit your daily intake.
People that are familiar with ketosis or the ketogenic diet know that dehydration is one of its most common symptoms. A keto diet naturally has a diuretic effect on people on the diet.
Though dehydration will reduce over time, you should note that beverages will become important in your ketogenic diet.
While on a keto diet, always have a bottle of water around you. Water is the best beverage to keep you hydrated. It’s natural, free of any anti-nutrients, and benefits your body in every way that it needs to. In order to stay hydrated, drink minimum 8 glasses of water every day.
Other beverages you should include in your keto diet plan are:
- Herbal teas
- Flavor Packets
Foods to Avoid a Ketogenic Diet
- Potato chips
- Vegetable oil
- Sugary Foods/Drinks
- Grains and Starches
- Low-Fat Products
- Beans and Legumes
- Root Vegetables
What to Eat On a Ketogenic Diet Plan? 7-Day Keto Diet Plan
You cannot start a ketogenic diet if you don’t know what to eat during ketosis. So we have compiled a 7-day keto diet food list that will aid you to eat a lot of healthy fats, a moderate amount of protein, and very little amount of carbohydrates.
DAY 1 – Keto Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Poached eggs, sautéed greens cooked in coconut oil
- Lunch: Grilled chicken served with a seasonal salad
- Dinner: Baked salmon with a nut crust served with baked cauliflower
DAY 2 Keto Diet Plan :
- Breakfast: Fried egg plate
- Lunch: Spinach salad
- Dinner: Coconut-Lime Skirt Steak
- 1200 Calorie Diet Meal Plans Low Carb For Weight Loss : Lose 20 Pounds in a Month
- Military Diet Plan: 3 Days Diet Plan for Weight Loss and Flat Stomach
- 7 Easy and Quick Low Carb Diet Meals Recipes for Fast Weight Loss in 2 Weeks
- Lose 10 Pounds Fast: Ginger Water Recipe for Weight Loss, Detox and Flat Belly
DAY 3 Keto Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Omelette served with mushrooms and spinach cooked in coconut oil
- Lunch: Line caught tuna served with heirloom tomato salad, drizzled with olive oil
- Dinner: Crispy skinned salmon served with zucchini noodle pesto
DAY 4 Keto Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Dark Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding
- Lunch: BLT wraps (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato)
- Dinner: Chipotle steak bowl
DAY 5 Keto Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Omelet Cooked In 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Lunch: Mexican cheeseburger
- Dinner: Homemade Pizza
DAY 6 Keto Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Sausage, egg, and cheese
- Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Dinner: Taco pie
DAY 7 Keto Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Egg and Avocado
- Lunch: Turkey and Cheese Roll-ups
- Dinner: Broiled Salmon
- Jillian Michaels’ Weight Loss Detox Water for Fast Fat Burning
- Lemon Water for Weight Loss -The Extreme Weight Loss Drink!
- How to Reduce Face Fat Naturally in Less Than One Month
- 12 Health Benefits of Green Tea and Why You Should Drink It Every Morning
- Atkins Diet: The Benefits, the Side Effects, and the Success Stories
A ketogenic diet plan has proved to be a great solution to weight loss and has several health benefits. It can even improve your overall lifestyle if properly adhered to. Knowing the right meals to eat when you are on a ketogenic diet will help you embrace a keto diet lifestyle quickly and easily.
So this is why we have come up with the above 7-day ketogenic diet meal plan to help you start a keto diet easily and effortlessly. Be sure to follow this list so as to receive all of the necessary nutrients your body needs during ketosis.